Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I hope my fellow thread mates don't mind but I took the liberty of starting this new thread using a title that many gave a thumbs-up to a few weeks ago. I added the BBC bit, good for SEO reasons.

The last thread covered more of the same from narcy, entitled Jo Good eg: using her BBC Radio London shows to give out her social media handle @middleagedminx which effectively directs listeners to her online ads. Tattlers are amazed that the BBC allows use of its airwaves for the blatant commercial self-promotion of this presenter.

More spending:
Despite always claiming to be on shaky ground regarding her BBC contract and having no pension, she continues to buy designer gear. Being a fashion sheep she looks for brands shown by the more successful influencers that she follows eg £1,650.00 dress from Erdem and a £2K piss-yellow shearling tote bag from Bottega Veneta, £650 chunky flatforms from Robert Clergerie.

She occasionally pretends to be interested in high-street fashion in order to placate some of her stans who say her fashion choices are unrelatable, she has done a couple of high-street haul vlogs but her approach is very sniffy and it is presumed she sends it all back as the items are never seen again. The twirly 20th century style modelling and posing is good for a laugh.

More insensitivity:
Jo Good flexed her pricey purchases at a time BBC Radio London was doing special reports across all shows on the station about the cost of living crisis.

More vlog:
Terrible shaky camera work continues on her You Tube vlogs. Lots of “here is a fan” and up-nostril shots. Exclaims “OH MY GOSH!!!” and fluffs hair constantly.

More non-declared ads:
Jo Good continues not being transparent about the freebies she flogs on her You Tube vlog and Instagram. Regular non-declaration of ads, she seems to think that saying it was “a gift with no obligation to film is enough”. The ASA will not see it this way, they don’t care if you are paid with money, or stuff or services - if you film and show it, that means IT IS AN AD!!

Oh, and You Tube require their banner saying Contains Paid Promotion but she never uses that either.

More dog:
Jo and fellow new pup owners are making pests of themselves (eg dogs off lead in breach of City of Westminster regs) in the tiny Marylebone public garden area they use every morning. Jo gives out the location and the time she can be found there. A local old man was knocked off his 3 wheel walker by an unrestrained dog from the group, prompting moves by locals to have dog access restricted.

Myrtle will be staying with Anna Webb in August (when Jo goes to Claire Connelly’s yoga retreat in Spain). She might try to train Myrtle, Jo has admitted she has been very lax about this, she allows Myrtle to greet visitors by running along the communal corridor despite knowing the dog pisses with excitement each time.

More BBC shade:
Jo Good continues to throw shade at her employer the BBC, implying that she is the victim of ageism. She read out Tim Davie's press release about Sue Barker leaving the Beeb's Wimbledon coverage, using a very sarcastic tone to imply ageism was a factor.

The only time she mentions the RAJAR figures is to say that there is a boost in listeners during the 11pm hour of the Chewin’ the Fat segment. If the figures were anything to boast about she’d have been telling us; it might be inferred therefore that her numbers are not that great.

Perhaps low numbers, and her lazy (no research), slapdash (getting many facts, names wrong), and ungrateful approach to her job (her publicly-declared disdain for her employer and still whingeing about the hours) might be reasons enough for her contract to not be renewed.

More theatre freebies:
Jo Good lamented that she will find it hard to pay to go to the theatre when the BBC freebies eventually stop. She claims she loves the theatre - “it FEEDS my soul” -but she doesn’t spend a dime of her own on all that spiritual nourishment. As soon as the freebies stop her theatre going will stop.

The above TLDR is by no means exhaustive, please feel free to add.

Other projects:
A while back she referred to several projects she's been working on, including one with Simon Lycett "the royal celebrity florist" and another she had a meeting about with agent Nigel and Felipe, but nothing more has been heard since. She went to Tottenham Hale to do a modelling shoot, from what she said it was for Boots, perhaps this is part of an upcoming campaign which we will see billboard style soon.

Stats:
Views of Jo Good’s Tattle wiki are now over 13,800, a substantial increase from 8,500 when thread #9 started.
https://tattle.life/wiki/jo-good

Views of thread #9 were 57,000 - a whole lot more than the 39,000 views for thread #8. Compare this to views of her vlog episodes, which average 25,000 views.

More Tattlers have joined the Jo Good threads, looking at the stats there must be many, many more lurkers than commenters. As Jo says about phone calls to a radio show, for every one phone call there will be 100 people out there who feel the same way, but don’t make the call.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I have only recently come across the Middle Aged Minx and as I am off work at the moment, am devouring all the old vlogs.

What is with her calling things in a singular way:
A red Lip
A Birkenstock
A Flare

Is this a fashion thing or a M A Minx affectation?

Edited to say I have literally screamed with laughter at most of the comments on the threads.
Few Examples that come to mind:

The one with her hosting her radio show in her flat with George, Filipe, SLRF, Anna et al....😂 and the descriptions...
Honey Monster coat and hideous shoes...for turning on the Christmas Lights....
MAM's mispronunciations..in her garbled luvvie style..
Green Nail Polish...Gucci doncha know... utterly hideous and gross
70's Glamour girl modelling shots...legs kicking up in the air and constant twirling
Rix Dress - Bri Nylon Nana lookalikee Nightie
George and Filipe...her sidekicks....and all your funny descriptions of them ( Harold and Maud / Mr. Bean

Just brilliant and hilariously funny. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Thank You.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
She wasn't very good at keeping it quiet until the big reveal if one of her You Tube commenters gave enough info for it to be worked out. She's made no mention of relocating so Nigel mustn't have managed to negotiate at least a short let for her at Riverstone for promo purposes. Imagine how she'd take advantage of all the residents' services on offer, dog sitting would cost more than a punnet of strawbs, the going rate for Sandra and Jim.

This is one of the communal areas of Riverstone Kensington, and this is the spot she filmed from, so it’s definitely them.
Prices range from £1,115,000 to £3,000,000.
Not sure MAM’s audience has that type of cash.
I have a feeling she was just hired as a presenter for a promo video for the residential development. I agree @House of Tea , I can't imagine their marketing department thinks the flakes, randoms and overseas dwellers who follow her on socials will be in the market.

Out takes from the filming: "I am THRILLED to be here at Riverstone Kensington where I URGE YOU to spend seven figures on an apartment in what I call one of the MOST POLLUTED parts of London. Just being here filming I am RUINING my voice for my show on the BBC tonight. All the flats - while not being in MARYLEBONE LONDON W1 CAFE SOCIETY - have balconies, great for spitting out cherry stones on the plebs below. Enjoy the convenience of our communal areas, where your dog can piss with excitment while running along the carpeted corridors to greet your visitors. The concierge is at your disposal to take delivery of your FREEBIES and assist with any tiny thing you are too useless to work out for yourself".

• Haha
Reactions: 13

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
MAM appears on Lily Pebble's vlog today. I'd only seen LP briefly but I can't understand why anyone would watch such a dreary woman, she reminds me of the type of lass you'd meet at work who is nice enough but talks to you as if you are a mate interested in her goings on. Presumably her 450k viewers need someone to provide such a relationship which is lucky for her.

LP bumps into MAM at the Beauty Pie pop-up in Covent Garden. BP calls it the Warehouse of Dreams, how sickening, it's a Warehouse of Waste, being promoted by a crowd of cackling shillers.
20220703_084519.jpg

MAM is very quick to flex what's she's done for LP, as if to say "you owe me, right?" Lily confirms she will link to MAM's socials which Jo "humbly" thanks her for.
20220703_084458.jpg

And how anyone can look at LP's mate Anna's boat race for more than 30 seconds I don't know, she's like an Easter Island statue wearing Influencer's Neutrals, with an eyebrow transplant and comedy gnashers.
20220703_090658.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

greenbear

VIP Member
I feel so sorry for myrtle stuck in that flat alone all day. With Jim and even on the live show in the flat she seems so happy to be around people. With Jo she looks as depressed as poor old Matilda.
For all the love Jo claims to have for animals she is very dismissive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

jaboga510

I shouldn't really be on here because when she's not flogging stuff I really like her vloggs, but today was truly awful and i think she should never have got myrtle the way she bats her away there seems no love for her I do think she just her for content 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 11

House of Tea

VIP Member
Her big announcement is her show with Sheerluxe is airing tomorrow. 🎊🎉🍾

Just clickbait title.

I fast forwarded a lot. Flogging eye stuff, Beauty Pie.

She says she is a hippy chick but dribbling when reeling off designer names when driving down Sloane Street. She’s a complete pseud. All show. Her grubby bedroom is at odds with Sheerluxe. Bet she wished she closed the door. All fur coat and no knickers as the old saying goes.Yes, still driving and vlogging….

I went through the Blackwell Tunnel yesterday. I was reminded of that when she was doing her performative lying down putting in eye drops, those nostrils.

She so wants a permanent role with Sheerluxe.

Dave, yawn. You are not funny cabbie.

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
How she was dressed at the end in the park was what she was wearing when I saw her.

She is probably right about the hours. But many of us are having to work in jobs that are detrimental to living a good life, but we have to, and most of us are a lot less paid than her. I think it will take her a long time vlogging before she can give up her BBC employment. She has probably missed the boat.

She is a terrible neighbour. Dog weeing and clumpy. She worries about her lack of sleep but not her neighbours.

I think she could do with a change of direction. A fishmonger perhaps. She is already lusting after the boots.

605F155D-7618-4B99-9484-BEE40434B16B.png

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
That does sound a bit rude. Why is Myrtle there?

"Giant TV" is code for 'working class'.
What a bitch. They are useful to her but she probably looks down on them. She scoots past Jim on the vlog. Doesn’t want him on it. Only wants Sandra for filming fodder in lockdown. Running down corridors in pjs and barefeet whilst the poor woman was trying to hoover. She comes from common folk herself. Common = normal.)

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220907-003524_Chrome.jpg

This is definitely not King's Cross or "St Pancreas" (what ever that is). This is London Saint Pancras International.

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
From your descriptions @reggiesmum and @House of Tea, and this classic Jo Good poor-me face, this week's flog looks hard goin'.

View attachment 1671528
Her bestest actress voice. Did she say at the beginning of the overwhelmed segment that she had a glittering career? Or did I imagine that?

I never look at the comments below the vlog now but just had a quick look. A few of them mention her humility. It is scary to think how the gullible live amongst us. Humility, surely they mean vanity?

Last edited:
  • Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
I found some of this week’s vlog fascinating, mainly that Iranian young lad. I thought he was so interesting. The fascination was nowt to do with MAM, at least this time she interviewed and kept the camera on them. She slipped up with the bespoke guy - said do you want to flog your shop, and quickly changed to vlog. Yes, Jo, we know it should be called a flog not a vlog. He was classy, not that bothered. And when that other guy said he bought a shirt from H & M, that exaggerated faux surprise that a high street shop can have great stuff in it. She even said you look high end, like high street and looking high end are incompatible. Buying everything designer doesn’t make you stylish. Putting stuff together from disparate places and price points makes you stylish. Tapping your debit card for an overpriced garment doesn’t count. It just means you have money to burn. She doesn’t come from money so all this faux surprise at the goods on offer in the High St.

She did buy a satellite dish sized straw hat from Anthropologie last year. At least she claimed to buy it but it was like all the High Street purchases, they never see daylight, mainly because she takes them back once they have filled up vlog time. Only a designer sun hat to protect the fine featured Jo. A bit too late for a sun hat, that ship has sailed. More tedious high kicking on the roof. She is well narked by having to say it’s not sponsored, such a bore when you are trying to do some honest flogging to the gullible. She claims to be new to it. Putting out a weekly vlog for the last few years isn’t new. I bet her agent had a go at her for not featuring Beauty Pie. That was the only reason she was invited. Jo thinks it was all about her.

Dave is obviously getting good comments. She needs to rest him for a bit. That chilli story was funny though. Mad old woman of Marylebone? Jo has competition.

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I've seen only the first 10 seconds of todays vlog but can't believe she approached someone to ask what he was wearing, he refused and she puts him on YouTube anyway! How dare she! Unlike Jo Good I have not shown his face...
20220710_101850.jpg

20220710_101242.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry

Exmouthlady

Anything to mention her moth eaten Cashmere...:rolleyes:

Perhaps eating actual nutritious food would insulate her from a tiny drop in temperature.

Her vlog today is one of her worst and that's saying something. She is beyond boring and quite insufferable.
I so a agree. I’ve stopped listening to her programme, unfollowed her on Instagram and am very close now to stop watching, Welcome to my life, with Jo Good, on Sundays. I just can’t stand all her stupid self preening, turning every conversation back to her self and her lack of intelligence, plus so much more that she annoys me with, any more. She is soooo boring. I just enjoy reading all the comments on here. Keep it up one and all. 👏🏼💪🏼🫶🏼

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I was in Marylebone today, going to Daunts and then onto Oxford Street. Guess who I saw??!! Spotted Myrtle first, then GOB.

She was in her scruffs. No make up. A little elderly looking lady, with a youthful walk. She looked both tired and energetic at the same time. She looked tiny. Must be because she wasn’t wearing her sunglasses atop her head. Myrtle is small for the breed too. Although that might be because just before that I saw a humongous bulldog. If you are old enough, looked like Arthur Mullard on a lead. The contrast between them, little and large.

There will be no And then this happened..I didn’t stare nor stop.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

SadieHQ

I think I’ve finally reached my limit…15 mins of optimal eye health and eye drop chat has finished me….🥱🥱🥱

• Haha

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Yes, @House of Tea very much in the style of Little House on the Prairie. And same for me @FINIFUS they are not my style at all but that prairie look is a thing currently, and the label are making all the right noises in terms of local manufacturing et al so they might well persuade punters to part with £350 plus for their frocks.

MAM would look like a right mad old bat in those dresses. I bet she was a proper Nellie Olson when she was a child brat.

nelly.jpg

nellie.jpg

jo good bbc radio ads.jpg

• Haha

Exmouthlady

A woman has called in just now to Dotun Adebayo. The poor woman is broken. Her mother and husband have both just recently died. She feels lonely. She is talking about suicide. She later revealed that she has been sexually assaulted. Thank goodness she didn't call 3 hours earlier. MAM would not have a clue, she'd just keep saying "oh my gosh". MAM doesn't have the interest in other people to handle a call like that. She would revert the attention back to her.
I emailed her about a year ago about the way she had not had any sympathy with a caller who was obviously quite distressed and she didn’t give him time to talk properly and quickly cut him off. In my email I said I was very disappointed to hear how she practically dismissed this poor man and so quickly pass him by. She replied saying, she knows exactly what she is doing and how to handle these people and if you let them talk to long they get more upset and if I don’t like it then I should listen to LBC.
I was gobsmacked by her cold shoulder reply.

• Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
Those dresses are just dreadful, like something out of the great American depression era. Worn out of necessity by poor women, usually with a headscarf made with the remenants of the fabric.

I find it really odd that a grown women would wear something like this, especially worn with polka dot ankle socks and patent leather mary jane shoes, another one wore hers with ankle socks and platform sandals.

Also the ill fitting tank tops and jumpers..whats that all about. If this is fashion, call me dull and boring.

O Pioneer! Oh dear!
B90F34BB-4956-4C5A-A9D8-3A0F7FE94E55.jpeg

• Haha