Jane the Virgin.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else watching?

I went into this show thinking I’d drop out after the first few episodes,
it really didn’t seem to be “my thing” at all but I stuck with it and became so invested in it over the years
It’s probably one of my favourite series of all time now. (Don’t quote me I’m flaky)
I really, really hope they don’t ruin it with a crap ending.
I’ve only just started the final series (I didn’t know it was back!!!)
So I’m making a thread

Reactions: 6
I love it! I too thought it would be awful but I started watching it about 2 years ago I think and have loved it ever since!

Reactions: 2
I love Jane the virgin especially Raphael I've been watching it on netflix. I've enjoyed the last series so far so high hopes the ending will be good and we will find out who the narrator is. I actually didn't realise that was a thing until I read an article narrowing down who they thought was narrating the show.

Reactions: 3
I was honestly surprised by how much I love it!
Are we keeping this thread spoiler free or with spoilers? Just asking because the show has a lot of twists and turns... “almost like a telenovela, uh?” I love the narrator!

Reactions: 7
I’m watching episode 10 right now!
I didn’t know the whole narrator thing either? I just thought he was part of the show and that’s that, but I love how sassy he is and the hashtags!

I was honestly surprised by how much I love it!
Are we keeping this thread spoiler free or with spoilers? Just asking because the show has a lot of twists and turns... “almost like a telenovela, uh?” I love the narrator!
Oh I know! So many twists and turns I forget what is real and what isn’t! but yes I’d like to know if we’re keeping spoilers out too or not as some things I’m like

Ooooh excellent!!!!!! MY PEOPLE
Ok will we go for spoiler free or discuss the new series?
Is there anyone here who hasn’t seen up until the new series that’s airing now?
In-line spoiler is the end of the last series.

Michael coming back from the ACTUAL DEAD... or not

I think the narrator is just like a general telenovela narrator? I could be wrong but I always thought it was for comedy value

I’ve tried to convince so many to watch it but they won’t. I’m like SERIOUSLY ITS BRILLIANT!!

Reactions: 1
I’ve tried to convince so many to watch it but they won’t. I’m like SERIOUSLY ITS BRILLIANT!!
I keep trying to get people to watch but a lot are turned off by the "telenovela", despite me explaining that it's sort of ironic and the story is really good. I guess the soap/telenovela format doesn't bother me as I watched a lot of them with my babysitters growing up They were clearly at the top of their game and responsible childminders!

I started it two years ago and LOVE it. I am very fussy with tv shows and often get bored fast (OITNB, PLL) but haven't been bored of JTV. It is so funny but also emotional and I love the twists and turns. On one hand, I am glad season 5 is the last one, so they aren't dragging it out to stupidity like PLL but also sad to see it go.

I've only just discovered it on Netflix and am enjoying the first series very much - it is nothing like the sort of series I choose to watch, I love it when I find something out of my comfort zone (usually Scandi noir). I am so glad to read that there are 5 seasons to watch, yay!

I started watching it & didn’t think that I would like it but I love it! I didn’t think that they could keep the story lines interesting for so many series but how wrong was I. It’s so well written, I don’t want it to end!

I love Petra. She’s honestly one of my favourite characters on the show. But I can’t stand Luisa. That’s probably the only story line I’d change if I had a chance, it seems a bit to far fetched. Ok, I’m gonna say it....
I’m not impressed with season 5 so far. I’m keeping my mind open but don’t let me down CW

I don't like Luisa either... she is predictable. I love Petra. It is funny as I didn't at first. Her wardrobe is always amazing. Also, maybe an upopular opinion but I have found in season 5 I have been skipping over Rogelio's scenes. He is just annoying me now. I love Jane's mum though and her gran.

Reactions: 3
[latest season: I'm caught up with the US schedule, not sure what the release is like in the UK as I moved away, so don't read if you're not caught up or beware spoilers, I've tried to hide the big ones]

Can somebody explain to me why Jane still desperately needs to keep her waitressing job at the Marbella when she could be a full time writer and work on both the telenovela and her second novel instead of having to drop one? I appreciate she may not want to take money from Rogelio (although I would He's her dad, not a stranger) but I don't understand why they are still making her strapped for cash when the tv job would surely be paying more than the hours at the hotel.

It's definitely the weakest season. I'm hoping they can wrap it up well, but why would they bring back Michael to just throw a wrench between Jane and Raf and then disappear again as a plot point?

Luisa was always by far the weakest link for me. I love Petra but I'm not a fan of JR, I feel like Rosario Dawson (who I have seen in great role) is really phoning it in for a paycheck. Also Rafael may be struggling with mental health, but he's straight up being a dick to Jane at times. Give her a minute before you toss her aside, her husband CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD. Come on.

Last edited:
New season spoiler
@SavetheDrama

He is a complete dick!! And this story has been played out too long now, she wants him, he doesn’t want her, reverse, reverse. The story line between Rose/Louisa has always been too far fetched in my opinion. I have such an awful feeling they’re gonna leave us unimpressed with the ending. I’m not that far yet I’m watching it illegally but I don’t mind spoilers

I just watched the latest episode and I skipped a lot of it. It is the first one I have ever one really boring.

I'm on season 5,started watching it a few months ago thinking it was a film but 5 seasons later and I've enjoyed it! This season is a bit boring compared to the rest tho