James Corden- Tried to Crack The U.S Now He Is A Blabbering Mess

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been debating whether to do this thread because I do like him and My family see me as the real life Smithy from Gavin & Stacey But...

Disclaimer I don't have a strong opinion either way but of late I feel he has gone a bit snowflakey when he left the UK he was a funny quick witty comedian who on the face of it had the comedy sitcom world at his feet he could go to any tv network pitch a show and more then likely it would get commissioned but now I think he has fallen into the trap of being a famous yes man. Think what you want about Donald Trump but I'm not sure why James was getting so heavily involved in slating him on his show after all he couldn't decide how the election went as he is a English guy living over there like I say the public opinion on Trump changes on who you speak to I think that's enough about him on this thread. Then there was he recent Prince Harry interview where in essent's he slammed the same UK media that James Corden works for anyone remember the blogs he done for the tabloid magazines I don't know but I think he is starting to change what he was and why he was so likeable but now he a PC slightly chubby yes man he has lost his charm and charisma for me

He has a really smug way of talking that's very annoying. Never got into Gavin and Stacey so only seen him when he's done presenting or panel stuff. He also ruins any film he adds his voice to.

Reactions: 6
He has a really smug way of talking that's very annoying. Never got into Gavin and Stacey so only seen him when he's done presenting or panel stuff. He also ruins any film he adds his voice to.
He comes across quite arrogant at times to especially when the Americans don't get his sarcastic sense of humour but I think Americans don't get sarcasm in general if the truth is known I doubt they know who he is

Reactions: 5
I dont care about him really him and have liked some things hes done but the voice work is really disconcerting. His voice is too familiar so you just see him talking in everything. It's like 'Why does Peter Rabbit sound like James Corden' or ' why does that cat sound like James Corden?'

Reactions: 4
I love Gavin and Stacey and will rewatch it again and again but it did not make it in North America. I only know a few people who have seen it thanks to it being on Amazon Prime at the moment and unless someone is interested in British tv then they won't know about it. I watch Gavin and Stacey for everyone but Smithy, mainly for Pam. I think James is known in a sense because of the carpool karaoke clips that pop up on Youtube. I don't know anyone who actually sits down and watches his talk show every week.

That being said I think he's better known than Craig Ferguson (who he replaced). I remember seeing clips of a show where Peter Capaldi was a guest. Craig and Peter are old friends so it felt like a very real catch up rather than a scripted pre-planned questions interview. They were getting along great but it was clear that the audience had no idea what they were referencing. I think Peter was in America to promote Doctor Who at the time.

Reactions: 4
I love Gavin and Stacey and will rewatch it again and again but it did not make it in North America. I only know a few people who have seen it thanks to it being on Amazon Prime at the moment and unless someone is interested in British tv then they won't know about it. I watch Gavin and Stacey for everyone but Smith, mainly for Pam. I think James is known in a sense because of the carpool karaoke clips that pop up on Youtube. I don't know anyone who actually sits down and watches his talk show every week.

That being said I think he's better known than Craig Ferguson (who he replaced). I remember seeing clips of a show where Peter Capaldi was a guest. Craig and Peter are old friends so it felt like a very real catch up rather than a scripted pre-planned questions interview. They were getting along great but it was clear that the audience had no idea what they were referencing. I think Peter was in America to promote Doctor Who at the time.
I think I seem to recall didn't James Corden only get the gig on The Late Late Shows because Jonathan Ross turned it down

I think I seem to recall didn't James Corden only get the gig on The Late Late Shows because Jonathan Ross turned it down
That seems very likely. Outside of the three big stars, Conan O'Brien, Jay Leno, David Letterman, I don't think late night talk shows are very popular in America like they were in years past. But you could say that about network tv as a whole now which in itself is declining rapidly.

Reactions: 3
I have never found him remotely funny, and I don't understand how he has become so successful in America.

Reactions: 9
Jonathan Ross has never got near an U.S. late night chat show, he was definitely not in the running, maybe in the late 80's/early 90's but not now. Graham Norton may have had a shot if he'd wanted it. There was a short list, I'll google it but...

Apparently Corden went in for a meeting with CBS, not about the late night show but he impressed them with an on the spot pitch for it, him not being a stand up but more a song and dance man. That was the way these shows were starting to lean especially after Jimmy Fallon and Ellen turned their shows into less comedy shows and more games, skits and viral stuff.

Corden was hot in the media after success on Broadway.

For me Craig Ferguson was the best of all of them. A genuine freewheeling conversationalist. Funny on his feet. In the U.S. these shows run for decades and most of the hosts look REALLY BORED, Ferguson was right to get out after 10 years. Can you believe unfunny, miserable Ellen has been doing her show for 18 years? 18! Christ!

Reactions: 6
Jonathan Ross has never got near an U.S. late night chat show, he was definitely not in the running, maybe in the late 80's/early 90's but not now. Graham Norton may have had a shot if he'd wanted it. There was a short list, I'll google it but...

Apparently Corden went in for a meeting with CBS, not about the late night show but he impressed them with an on the spot pitch for it, him not being a stand up but more a song and dance man. That was the way these shows were starting to lean especially after Jimmy Fallon and Ellen turned their shows into less comedy shows and more games, skits and viral stuff.

For me Craig Ferguson was the best of all of them. A genuine freewheeling conversationalist. Funny on his feet. In the U.S. these shows run for decades and most of the hosts look REALLY BORED, Ferguson was right to get out after 10 years. Can you believe unfunny, miserable Ellen has been doing her show for 18 years? 18! Christ!
JR turned the gig down it seems for family reasons https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/celebrity/arid-30656113.html I can see why he (Corden) was such a draw to them in terms of what you laid out comes across a very camp / gay so no (I know he. isn't) but no doubt that was a big draw for them to

Painfully annoying tosser 😐
I put this on the Harry and Meghan thread it’s rare Corden has a British guest that’s a bigger twit than himself on that show,
until Hazza.

I wish I could add something more interacting but that’s all I’ve got 😂
twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I always felt Craig Ferguson came across as such a sleaze on his chat show. Felt like he was the main "inspiration" for Amy Schumer's chat show sketch rather than Conan or Letterman...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I love Gavin and Stacey and will rewatch it again and again but it did not make it in North America. I only know a few people who have seen it thanks to it being on Amazon Prime at the moment and unless someone is interested in British tv then they won't know about it. I watch Gavin and Stacey for everyone but Smithy, mainly for Pam. I think James is known in a sense because of the carpool karaoke clips that pop up on Youtube. I don't know anyone who actually sits down and watches his talk show every week.

Totally agree and love watching Gavin and Stacey

Reactions: 2
I love your quote on your profile picture! My mum was moaning about me giving her a cold when I went to visit her, but she said nothing when I told her her beloved grandson had given it to me she didn't say anything about him and his germ ridden schoolfriends!

• Haha
I always felt Craig Ferguson came across as such a sleaze on his chat show. Felt like he was the main "inspiration" for Amy Schumer's chat show sketch rather than Conan or Letterman...
I have a soft spot for Craig Ferguson, as I'm a Glaswegian - admittedly I only watched his shows sporadically but I don't recall sensing any sleazy vibes (?). He'll always be Bing Hitler to me :ROFLMAO:

As for unfunny James Corden: Of course who you are on telly can be very different to real-life you but Corden doesn't seem to do very well at hiding it. Surprised he hasn't burnt his bridges in showbiz yet (maybe he's charming to those who are "useful" to him, as tends to be the way).