IVF intsagrammers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else follow any IVF instagrammers.

I have been through IVF and started following quite a few. What has struck me is that (as is the criticism with instagrammers in general) so many of them are wealthy and white.

Obviously these ladies are going through hell and it’s not their fault that they all seem to be from wealthy families but I’d love to find some TTC instagrammers that are a bit more relatable to me.

Many that I follow (eg “Trying to be a mum”, “MrsKMeeks”, “Alice Rose”(?), BFN Emma and Gaby) have had numerous non NHS rounds of ivf and many have given up their jobs and spend most of their days “getting healthy” and buying organic make up and candles. Obviously that’s great for them and I’m not looking to attack them for this. It can just feel a bit isolating. Especially when these ladies start doing some “interiors” or “fashion” posts and you realise they live in huge houses with huge wardrobes. “Trying to be a mum” put a photo of her “old school grounds” the other day on Stories and it looked like a stately home or something. Nothing like my school 🤣

Does anyone follow any accounts that are open about having to scrimp and save for IVF? Anyone who has to work two jobs? Anyone paying for IVF whilst renting?

I think this is where us users are responsible (and I include myself in that). We flock to wealthy white women to follow. It’s those accounts that then get the most follows and Ads. We end up feeling rubbish about ourselves as we can’t keep up with their lifestyles. I’d like to break that habit if I can.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t follow people who make you feel that way. It’s tough enough going through ivf without seeing other people who never need to worry about the money aspect of it. There’s plenty of Instagram accounts who are realistic about the financial strain it can have on people. Good luck with your journey.

Yes they’re all lovely ladies who I can relate to on many levels but not financially. Will keep an eye out for other accounts that reflect my circumstances rather than the upper echelons of society 👍🤣

Yes they’re all lovely ladies who I can relate to on many levels but not financially. Will keep an eye out for other accounts that reflect my circumstances rather than the upper echelons of society 👍🤣
Just put the hashtag into Instagram loads of accounts will show up. I have nothing in common with these women apart from fertility issues. Have you Started ivf yet?

Thank you will try the hashtag

I love listening to the ivf podcasts too (listen to Big Fat Negative), and whilst I really enjoy this show, it did slowly become apparent to me that the two presenters are pretty wealthy. Again, not their fault and not something they should have to hide. Many of the guests on these podcasts are also wealthy and white too I tend to notice.

I’d just love to hear working class people making podcasts but maybe they don’t have the confidence or financial backing or haven’t been to good schools that give you the confidence for this type of thing. Who knows. I’ll keep on keeping an eye out xxx

Mrsjulesparker

I have just started following her so don't know alot about her story. I do know shes doing ivf and shes just flown abroad for some special treatment

Ive done IVF and had 3 rounds on the NHS so thankfully didn’t have the financial burden.
I follow loads of “every day” kind of folk on insta (I had a separate IVF account) but tbh I don’t really know many who discussed the financial side of things.

There is loads of ‘normal’ ivf accounts on insta. I set up a separate ivf account and literally followed some hashtags and went from there. Good luck with your journey

MamaMeganStevens - although in a privileged situation, she gets very real about it being expensive. She has loads and loads of blog posts detailing the struggles both her and her husband went through. They now have a little boy Rudi and are going through the process again. She is very humble and keeps it real. I think she’s great! 😘 so although doesn’t fit the criteria on a financial level, for support she’s great.

• Heart