Is anyone else (trying to) get work done in their house at the mo?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else attempting to/actually managing to get work done in their house at the mo & how are you finding it?

Our first baby is due in a month, I've been trying to get our living/dining room done ahead of her arrival and have gotten absolutely bleeping no where but feel like I'm constantly working on arranging things! I've scheduled everything in now but there's absolutely no wiggle room so if someone lets us down (which feels really highly likely) it'll push the rest into the week and a half before baby's due, which is obvs really stressing me.

Is anyone else in the same boat or navigated similar before? The house isn't in any way dangerous it's all entirely cosmetic changes. We are lucky that the decorator & electrician (& less importantly, curtain fitter loool) are tit hot on it, it's just the plasterer (I know there are difficulties in obtaining plaster...) and flooring bloke who are super flakey, and annoyingly they're the start & end of the project.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi @heretoreaditall2019 👋🏼 are you worried about work going on after your daughter arrives? The disruption etc? I’m not in the situation but did do a very big house move when mine was a baby. It wasn’t ideal and we got through it with less stress than I thought. We’ve had problems getting things done during lockdown but hopefully that might change soon. There’s been a lot of DIY 😂

ETA: so many people have lost income during this, especially self employed. I’d think that the people you’ve got booked in will be very grateful for the work ❤

• Heart
omg hello!! You're reminding me I need to catch up on SODs and find the new thread, are they back yet? Sly will be gutted you can't even get workmen round if you pay them, much less for free at the mo won't he...

Yeah I'm REALLY worried about her being a tiny baby & us having this house in upheaval, especially as we're having flooring up? How did you find moving? And ooooo what DIY are you doing? I miss being able to do stuff myself I really resent paying a decorator cos I don't do a bad job myself I'm just too weary now!

The workmen are largely husband's mates so they've been really candid and most of them have said they're chilling for the summer because of the grant/loans & I don't blame them for this at all, but I'm also growing outwards rapidly so I'm worried she'll come early, or I'll start going into labour with one of them here, like what do you say - sorry hun please ignore the hypnobirthing playlist and deep breathing we really need that wood floor laid x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
omg hello!! You're reminding me I need to catch up on SODs and find the new thread, are they back yet? Sly will be gutted you can't even get workmen round if you pay them, much less for free at the mo won't he...

Yeah I'm REALLY worried about her being a tiny baby & us having this house in upheaval, especially as we're having flooring up? How did you find moving? And ooooo what DIY are you doing? I miss being able to do stuff myself I really resent paying a decorator cos I don't do a bad job myself I'm just too weary now!

The workmen are largely husband's mates so they've been really candid and most of them have said they're chilling for the summer because of the grant/loans & I don't blame them for this at all, but I'm also growing outwards rapidly so I'm worried she'll come early, or I'll start going into labour with one of them here, like what do you say - sorry hun please ignore the hypnobirthing playlist and deep breathing we really need that wood floor laid x
They haven’t posted but Cash Carraway has a new play coming out and has mentioned Alice 😂 I cant keep up and I only really look at a few threads! 😂

If any of the workmen are parents they’ll get it. Newborn babies sleep a lot! It’s a really nice chance to spend lots of time cuddling them in bed, but I get what you mean if there’s dust etc. Tbh not many people would cross a heavily pregnant woman- those hormones! 😂

Moving was stressful but we had lots of help- and paid for removalists so that room a lot of pressure off. We’ve jus done a little painting and gardening. Nothing much. Just all those niggling jobs.

I really hope it all works out as planned. You definitely don’t need any stress right now ❤

We are having loads of bloody work done on our house my husband has been desperate for ages to buy an old house and do it up I told him years ago before we got married I would never live in a house that was a building site and I would never go camping.... I’m currently in a bloody building site and wish I was camping!!! It’s so hard as our two primary school age children are obviously at home all the time and everything is a mess and noisy all day and we just walk around the park or the shops as there’s nowhere to take them we go to my mum’s as well as she’s on her own so in our bubble. My four year old was actually crying the other day saying she didn’t want to go on another picnic!!!!!
If I hear ‘oh it’ll be worth it in the end when you have a lovely house ‘ one more time I may do something awful!!!!!!

@heretoreaditall2019 Hello fellow SODer ;) Do I remember you posting before that you’re in London? If your contractors are good, would you mind dm-ing me their info please? I’m also London and hopefully moving in a couple of months and need recommendations. Shame I can’t just post on Instagram for ‘recommendations’ and then get everything gifted eh...