Intuition

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might be a bit of a weird post but does any one else ‘know’ something’s going to happen before they happen?

I’m not talking visions or any thing like that but more a feeling?

Little things like knowing an animal is going to run out in front of you or knowing someone will cancel plans? It’s hard to explain but I’ve had it my entire life, it’s a really strong feeling (and is 99.9% right!)

Reactions: 7
Yes-i know if I’m gonna bump into someone that day
i know if I’m gonna have a shite day at work
i get that feeling if someone is gonna shaft me etc
pits really odd

Reactions: 2
I have had experiences where I had a premonition and the events played out exactly as I felt/thought. I'm not psychic, though. It hits me out of nowhere. Usually it's little thoughts.

Yesterday I went out for lunch with a family member and just before we left in my mind I kept thinking to ask them if they had paid. I didn't and as we walked out the waiter stopped us and my family member was really embarrassed and forgot that they hadn't paid as in most restaurants you pay upfront. I hadn't even remembered if the family member had paid at the beginning as I was so distracted and busy talking and whatnot... It's usually small things like that, things I put off that later seem to come to light.

Also, I've gone months/years without talking to someone and then suddenly thought of them out of nowhere to have them message me later on, or I bump in to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It’s really hard to explain, I get de ja vu all the time.
I don’t think I’m psychic maybe more In tune with the world than most, I’ve never really told anyone before x

Last edited:
Yeah, happens to me. Weird things, I’ll think of a song and then it will play on the radio or il think about someone and then they will text me. I don’t believe there’s anything other worldly about it though.

Do any of you have a really good visual memory?

I can meet someone once and see them again remembering them instantly, I remember every conversation, every piece of useless information x

I knew my sister in law would get pregnant in the October and she did! Baby wasn’t planned either.

• Wow
As a kid, my dad was going to be picking me up the next day. I had a dream that night that when he picked me up, we were driving along my street and a car came around the corner and nearly hit us. The next day when he picked me up, that happened. So weird.

I have a lot of things happened to me .. I often think about people who I have not seen for a while , low and be hold I will bump in to them .. sometimes I think of senarios and then some of them will play out for real , I’ve had dreams about people dieing and they’ve died , it’s mad I know , i get dejavu a lot too , I remeber things from the past as if they happened yesterday and the smallest of details .. conversations etc , I’m also very good at self analysis on people , I always look for the worst in people and quite often I’m always right about people , I don’t know if this happens to everyone or it’s just me , a lot of people I’ve told things and there like omg you was right , like you said you predicted that , I do find it quite odd sometimes but maybe I just put it down as being a good judge of character

• Heart
Not to discount anyone’s experiences but I think a lot of this sort of thing comes from our minds creating patterns without us being aware that’s what is happening. This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular in this thread but I think a lot of the things mentioned - seeing someone you were thinking of earlier, hearing a song or phrase on the radio that matches what you are doing at that exact moment etc - happen to lots of people.

We notice those times we thought about a person from the past and then bumped into them, because it’s a wild coincidence, but the fact is 99/100 times you don’t see the person you were thinking of earlier. Mostly you don’t even remember in the long term that they were on your mind because nothing comes of it.

Same with someone on the radio saying a word or phrase as you read it in an email - think of how much time you spend writing emails and listening to the radio (hypothetical example) and that doesn’t happen? A coincidence like that will happen occasionally, but not often, by definition.

I do think intuition is still a very real and useful quality and those who have it should cultivate it as much as they can. As said above, that’s often about learning to read social cues, what people say and what they mean and as a result being able to predict behaviour a bit. It’s not about seeing the future it’s about being perceptive in the present (and I kid you not, someone on the dumb Netflix documentary I’m half watching just said “we are here in the present” exactly as I wrote “in the present” sounds like a lie, I promise you that just happened).

I also think you can be subconsciously picking up on things, like if someone is pregnant (not saying that’s what happened with the user who mentioned that just in general there can be very small subtle signs) or maybe if someone is unhappy but very skilfully hiding it. Our subconscious is an incredible thing.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, happens to me. Weird things, I’ll think of a song and then it will play on the radio or il think about someone and then they will text me. I don’t believe there’s anything other worldly about it though.
I think this happens to a lot of us! More like a coincidence? im forever saying like ‘I wonder what happened to so and so’ and low and behold see them a day later😂

I have a lot of things happened to me .. I often think about people who I have not seen for a while , low and be hold I will bump in to them .. sometimes I think of senarios and then some of them will play out for real , I’ve had dreams about people dieing and they’ve died , it’s mad I know , i get dejavu a lot too , I remeber things from the past as if they happened yesterday and the smallest of details .. conversations etc , I’m also very good at self analysis on people , I always look for the worst in people and quite often I’m always right about people , I don’t know if this happens to everyone or it’s just me , a lot of people I’ve told things and there like omg you was right , like you said you predicted that , I do find it quite odd sometimes but maybe I just put it down as being a good judge of character
Yes I’m very good at reading people too x

Reactions: 3
If the subject of intuition interests you then I totally recommend The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker. He talks about how people have saved theirs and other people's lives by acting on 'gut feelings' and also how people suffer because they ignore them.

He breaks down a lot of scenarios and it becomes clear that we have a part of our brain that constantly scans and quickly picks up clues about our environment and sees danger quicker than it can get the message through to our conscious selves. That's our intuition.

I can honestly say that book had a huge influence on me, and I learnt to stop dismissing my own instincts and to lean into them instead.

I've become an excellent people reader, and I can predict what's going to happen between people, tell immediately who I need to be careful around (handy as I just started a new job), and I'm vigilant out in public. We're constantly told "not to judge" "don't be prejudiced" and be "kind", meanwhile out there in the real world our safety relies on doing exactly the opposite! It's part of human evolution.

On the supernatural side, I have regular dreams that seem to have predicted something that happens the next day. Unfortunately the "premonitions" aren't apparent they are "premonitions" until the thing happens and I think, oooh I dreamt that! But worse, they're just useless. So my day is going to contain my daughter screaming about a spider in the kitchen sink and I'm going to see a large white dog being walked by an odd looking woman. Hmmm. Did I really need to know these things in advance? 😂

Might be a bit of a weird post but does any one else ‘know’ something’s going to happen before they happen?

I’m not talking visions or any thing like that but more a feeling?

Little things like knowing an animal is going to run out in front of you or knowing someone will cancel plans? It’s hard to explain but I’ve had it my entire life, it’s a really strong feeling (and is 99.9% right!)
Yes!

It's tram ticket inspectors for me at the moment. Usually the feeling just randomly starts and bang either on my return journey or the next day they're checking tickets.

I always had this feeling I couldn't explain about my grandmother dying whilst I was away everytime I saw her- a few months before her death I just couldn't shake it off. She told me in a dream that she was tired before she did pass away a week before.

I also get the premonitions thing. Sometimes it can be a few years in advance others the next day. It has helped me escape one dangerous situation where I was followed home as I did the exact same thing I saw myself do in the dream (walk back down the path I was going up so the person would be in front of me instead of the other way around).

Last edited: