Influencer Unions

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, but I saw something this morning that I wanted to talk about.

https://www.instagram.com/influencerpaygap/

I think this could be good if they got bigger influencers to finally reveal how much their rates are, but a lot of the people who seem to be submitting and complaining about not being paid a lot are under 10k followers, so people I wouldn't consider are doing it for a living. While I agree that people should be paid for their labour, I think this account really shows just how many people get into instagram to only make money.

Reactions: 1
This is interesting! Everyone always says Mrs Hinch has good engagement at 7% ish, but some of these micro influencers with only a few thousand followers have double that!

Clearer pay benefits everyone I think.. if you knew how much a LI influencer was getting paid for a smart watch, you might think twice before buying one yourself.

Good little video talking about 'influencers'

I like this fellas response to social media parasites influencers

Your engagement on Instagram goes down with more followers so 14% is common for accounts under 5/10k or so but above that even down to like 3/4% is considered good.

Grace fit did an interesting on this a while ago now, not sure who’s channel it was posted in but it was her and a group of fitness/fashion girls discussing brand deals and how much they had been paid etc.

I don't really get it, rates are based on followers, niche and engagement.

It's pretty difficult to compare, in the same way it's difficult to compare people in the entertainment industry.

Some people will take any old offer to flog something and others would rather charge more and do less to keep some integrity.

I don't really get it, rates are based on followers, niche and engagement.

It's pretty difficult to compare, in the same way it's difficult to compare people in the entertainment industry.

Some people will take any old offer to flog something and others would rather charge more and do less to keep some integrity.
There was a post on the page where an account with 3million followers was complaining no one would pay them what they thought they were worth- $1000- and then ARGUED with people who pointed out that yes, they have high engagement but they're also a meme account that's currently on private so they're not a desirable place to advertise. I mean who looks at an advert on a meme account and actually then buys the product?

There was a post on the page where an account with 3million followers was complaining no one would pay them what they thought they were worth- $1000- and then ARGUED with people who pointed out that yes, they have high engagement but they're also a meme account that's currently on private so they're not a desirable place to advertise. I mean who looks at an advert on a meme account and actually then buys the product?
Follower numbers are the least useful metric ever. Someone from a reality tv show years ago could have millions but struggle to get more than a handful of comments per post.

It's actaully pretty close to a free market, people will only offer someone what value their account can bring. Although gleam futures do really charge for their has-beens

Follower numbers are the least useful metric ever. Someone from a reality tv show years ago could have millions but struggle to get more than a handful of comments per post.

It's actaully pretty close to a free market, people will only offer someone what value their account can bring. Although gleam futures do really charge for their has-beens
God if I were an influencer I'd do everything I could to be represented by Gleam, the amount of money they get for people is literally insane.

God if I were an influencer I'd do everything I could to be represented by Gleam, the amount of money they get for people is literally insane.
Gleam are on borrowed time, lots are waking up to being hoodwinked by them. Dom sold off gleam at the right time

Reactions: 1