In desperate need of help/advise

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am at the end of my living I think as I write this to cut along story short myself and partner of 20 years have not been getting on for many years and the last while the arguments have got out of hand..we have 4 kids together 23 21 17 and 5
i have suffered from mental health for years up and down for as long as I can remember..
last night we got into a massive row where he pulled me across the floor my by hair and kicked me all in front of my 17 yr old daughter and threw me out of the house…he has twisted everyone against me even my older kids and blaming me for all the arguments.. I am now staying with a friend no money I work part time and dont have my little girl with me as he won’t let me see her..can anyone help me give me advise pls on what to do

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I would contact the police about the assault as that is not acceptable are you on the mortgage or rent agreement as he can’t kick you out if so. I would also maybe contact a DV helpline for advice the longer you are out of the home or away from your youngest daughter the harder it will be. Take care of yourself x

Reactions: 5
I’m actually afarid to go to police as he is twisted everything I say for yrs…going to go to my local women refugee tomorrow to see what help I can get.. unfortunately I am not on the mortage itd just his name

I am at the end of my living I think as I write this to cut along story short myself and partner of 20 years have not been getting on for many years and the last while the arguments have got out of hand..we have 4 kids together 23 21 17 and 5
i have suffered from mental health for years up and down for as long as I can remember..
last night we got into a massive row where he pulled me across the floor my by hair and kicked me all in front of my 17 yr old daughter and threw me out of the house…he has twisted everyone against me even my older kids and blaming me for all the arguments.. I am now staying with a friend no money I work part time and dont have my little girl with me as he won’t let me see her..can anyone help me give me advise pls on what to do
This is on the Gov site as I’m not sure where you live, woman’s aid should be able to help but do contact your GP too x

Reactions: 1
- contact womens aid/refuge tomorrow
- contact your GP to discuss your mental health issues/medication etc if this is not already organised and in hand
- speak to citizens advice regarding housing/benefits and your rights with the house etc
- keep records of what is said between you & your partner. Don’t contact him about anything other than your two kids (the under 18s)
- make sure you have access to your own money from work and that he can’t access this - set up new bank account if needed.
- speak to the police - tell them the truth and tell them you need to return to the house to collect your personal belongings etc - ask if they can advise or attend to help you do this. Or, go with someone else and at a time when he will be out.
- are your two younger kids ok to be looked after by him? Is he abusive/drunk/into drugs etc or are they in a safe environment?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all sorry I haven’t been on…I went to women‘s refugee yesterday so they are helping me..I applied for a protection/safety order and court is on next Wednesday
He still won’t let me see my 5 year old which has me broken.
He txted me yesterday saying he would be fighting for our child and that she will be staying with him…
How he can keep my baby away from me is killing me..
but I have to try stay strong and get her back.
My other daughter is still very off with me but I’m hoping she will come around…she’s 18 in a few weeks so she doesn’t need me as much as my 5 year old..
Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me it does mean a lot..
pls keep me in ur positive thoughts ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all sorry I haven’t been on…I went to women‘s refugee yesterday so they are helping me..I applied for a protection/safety order and court is on next Wednesday
He txted me yesterday saying he would be fighting for our child and that she will be staying with him…
My other daughter is still very off with me but I’m hoping she will come around…she’s 18 in a few weeks so she doesn’t need me as much as my 5 year old..
Good luck 🤞🏻 ..You’re doing the right thing for yourself and your kids although it may not feel like it at present.

It’s been a long time since you wrote the original post, I sincerely hope life is so much better for you now ❤

It’s been a long time since you wrote the original post, I sincerely hope life is so much better for you now ❤

Think the conversation moved to a new thread

• Heart
Reactions: 1