I managed to spill some green tea over my (closed) macbook

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any tech-tattlers here?

Don’t ask me how but I managed to spill some green tea over my (closed) macbook. Luckily I had a case on which seems to have protected it from a fair bit of liquid.
I immediately took it out of its case, padded it try and turned it on - everything seemed to work fine.
However I do know that liquid can cause damage after a while so I’m really worried something’s going to happen later... Any tips what I can do? Or do you think it will be fine? I really think the case helped a lot as the macbook itself was hardly wet.

Put it in some rice ? It draws moisture out. That's what you are meant to do if your phone gets wet.

Reactions: 2
I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve spilt stuff on mine and it’s always been fine so hopefully yours will be too 😊

Reactions: 3
Ah laptops nowadays are far more resilient than you think, if it was closed and covered and it seems to be working fine, then it’s fine.

If you’re worried put it in some rice and somewhere dry and warm so it dries whilst the rice draws the moisture out.

Reactions: 2
OP, did you manage to use some [organic] rice?

Good thing it wasn't bog-standard builders tea on an Asus or Acer laptop, you could have had serious problems...

Hey everyone! Thanks for the help and reassurance. I didn’t have any rice on hand but I’ve made sure to really pad everything try and just left him in a corner for a day. Everything works perfectly 😍

Have to agree with @AlanBanan and @Pat the Dog Macbooks are a lot more resilient than other (older) laptops

Reactions: 1