How organised are you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you use google mail? I find it amazing for email filing, the search and label functions are brilliant. I now use my inbox as a to-do list and manage to finish most days with it clear. I’m dying to get my hands on my husband’s. It’s so worth spending a day getting it done!
We were switched over from Outlook to Gmail at work, so what was once perfectly organized in folders (it really was!) was then just spilled into my new Inbox. All of a sudden I had no folders and a ton of emails with no labels or categories. Since that happened, I started down the slippery slope of trying to label new emails coming in, but for whatever reason, I never got on top of it or did it consistently.
Searching works great for me as I know what to search for, but I do wonder if someone else comes in how they will ever figure it out.
I think I need to just do as you say, allocate some time to just tackle this and get it sorted once and for all. Thanks for the kick up the bum! 😛

I didn't want to start a new thread but as anyone folded their clothes the Marie Condo way? I tried to do my t shirts but I couldn't fit them all in the draw! it takes up more room folding them her way then folding them the normal way.

Reactions: 1
At home I'm not organised at all!!!! I just can't be arsed to tidy my bedroom daily lol. Its ok but it isn't spotless.

In work I'm organsied asf. Have to be otherwise my patients would be all over the gaf lol

I’m not very organised but I’m improving. I used to not even have a diary, that’s how bad I was! I’ve decluttered a lot but I had (still have) a ridiculous amount of stuff from it being in storage/in a place I didn’t live most of the time/generally not knowing how to declutter. I’m still far from perfect but baby steps - I have a kind of ‘hoarder’ mindset so I need to work on fixing the mental part too otherwise I’ll never get anywhere with organisation

I decluttered years of papers a few months ago, but I let it build up again and had to re-do it recently. Now I have a filing system for the bare minimum stuff I have to keep (I don’t want to go paperless just yet) and it’s all organised by category. It’s the most organised part of my life and I’m hoping everything else follows suit

The hardest part of being organised/minimal for me is in terms of my toddler. I feel the need to provide her with everything, don’t want to reject gifts she’s given, and feel bad about decluttering her stuff even though she’s far too young to do it herself. While I’ve decluttered A LOT it doesn’t feel like much as all her stuff has filled that space

Organised chaos in my household, it’s like I run a tight shipwreck most day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just spent 2-3 hours changing over my winter wardrobe to summer and placing clothes together that are matchy matchy 😄 otherwise it would take me ages to get out of the house. So I suppose I'm organised :unsure:
Is at this time of year also that I put away the slow cooker and change up mealtimes to suit the weather. Soon I will also put away the big cosy bedding and replace with warm weather bedding. As for the garden it was prepped in February for the summer flowers. I like to have the garden ready before the beginning of spring.
I don't have a diary with deadlines though but I think a bit of organisation is good as it can give you more time to do the things you enjoy instead of being overwhelmed with chores all at once.

I didn't want to start a new thread but as anyone folded their clothes the Marie Condo way? I tried to do my t shirts but I couldn't fit them all in the draw! it takes up more room folding them her way then folding them the normal way.
Yes I do! Agreed they take up more room but I have underbed storage for t-shirts, jumpers and jeans/trousers and I cannot tell you how pleasing it is to see them all lined up in there! I store everything colour coded too (I have a lot of clothes) and it makes it easier to find what I'm looking for as I can see everything I own - would recommend if you have room.

I think I would be someone's worst nightmare. My bedroom is an utter tip but I'm very clean in all other areas of the house, I can't walk past the kitchen without wiping down the surfaces or fretting about the bins

For some reason when I walk into my bedroom I collapse into a heap and scatter things everywhere. It belongs to me and is my messy little soul

• Heart
I'm quite well organised but also depressed haha, so some of the untouched sections of my closets are so pristine, Marie Kondo would shed tears. But I also have 6 day old tea stained mugs judging me on my nightstand and a heap of cluttered mess in some other cabinets waiting for me to find the will to exist.

Decluttering has made it so much easier to deal with it when there is a mess. Takes me an hour or two of solid work to put the place back in order even when it's dire (except the hidden mess).

That being said, I don't have kids or pets and the only mess I need to deal with is my own, so my job is a lot easier than those who are dealing with toddlers or messy teenagers around the house.