House Prices #5 Property market, buying and selling

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re two years down the line and ours still hasn’t updated, but the neighbour has, starting to think our solicitor messed up 🧐
Absolutely check! A friend had this and it turned out the person she was dealing with left and his emails hadn't been accessed by anyone and nobody had actioned the registration!

Reactions: 2
Is it normal for solicitors to be so bloody slow? And to say they've chased the buyer/ sellers solicitors for things but then you get told its your solicitors slowing things down?
Why is this such hard work????

• Sad
Reactions: 1
We’re hoping to put an offer in on our dream home this week 🤞🏽🤞🏽
It’s a big project but think we can add lots of value to it. Currently trying to get our current house up to a nice clean standard to sell, difficult with a child and husband that are messy clutter hoarders 🤣

• Haha
Our house sale fell through so we’ve taken our house off the market. There’s nothing for us in our small search area so we’re going to stay put.
I would like the agent to delete our pictures and remove the listings from zoopla and Rightmove. They are removed as in not for sale but you can still find the house and pictures on there, zoopla shows the archive listing. Has anyone got any experience of getting these things removed? Thanks!

Reactions: 1
After our house purchase fell through earlier in the year we decided to stay put until next spring. This would give us the opportunity to save more cash, I will have had three pay increases and my OH would have had two and will no longer be on mat pay so won't need written confirmation from HR what my contract details and salary are (not that they would give me that any way). Annoyingly I have found the perfect house but I wouldn't want to make an offer without selling our house first. Any way, one of the reasons we want to move is because of our neighbours. One family in particular are truly awful. The son bullies other local children, rings our doorbell at all hours and keeps messing with our outside tap (which is unfortunately accessible to passers by). His parents have absolutely no regard for anyone. They have a very large van, a Range Rover and a Jeep which they park blocking our driveway or in the space to the front of our house. It's a public road so there isn't much we can do about the latter but they cone and go at all hours and all vehicles are very loud and they always have their music blasting. We've tried talking to them as it disturbs our family's sleep but got told to go away in not so many words. Yesterday they took delivery of an extremely loud sports car. It was so loud it woke up my baby and scared the life out of my toddler. I think our only hope is to make a formal complaint about the noise to the police, would this come up when we sell our home? What about when we have viewings? Pretty sure they'd put off any potential buyers 😬

• Sad
After our house purchase fell through earlier in the year we decided to stay put until next spring. This would give us the opportunity to save more cash, I will have had three pay increases and my OH would have had two and will no longer be on mat pay so won't need written confirmation from HR what my contract details and salary are (not that they would give me that any way). Annoyingly I have found the perfect house but I wouldn't want to make an offer without selling our house first. Any way, one of the reasons we want to move is because of our neighbours. One family in particular are truly awful. The son bullies other local children, rings our doorbell at all hours and keeps messing with our outside tap (which is unfortunately accessible to passers by). His parents have absolutely no regard for anyone. They have a very large van, a Range Rover and a Jeep which they park blocking our driveway or in the space to the front of our house. It's a public road so there isn't much we can do about the latter but they cone and go at all hours and all vehicles are very loud and they always have their music blasting. We've tried talking to them as it disturbs our family's sleep but got told to go away in not so many words. Yesterday they took delivery of an extremely loud sports car. It was so loud it woke up my baby and scared the life out of my toddler. I think our only hope is to make a formal complaint about the noise to the police, would this come up when we sell our home? What about when we have viewings? Pretty sure they'd put off any potential buyers 😬
Wow they sound awful!

There is a question on the Property Information form which specifically asks about disputes/issues with neighbours. It's a difficult situation because at the moment there's not been any "dispute" as such, but making a complaint to the police about them is something that should really be disclosed to future buyers. I have had clients in the past disclose disputes with neighbours which hasn't put buyers off, but this sounds very much like an ongoing thing which could of course frighten people off. It's a catch 22 really because you don't want to frighten buyers off but you also don't want to get stuck in a situation where you've failed to disclose information either.

Wow they sound awful!

There is a question on the Property Information form which specifically asks about disputes/issues with neighbours. It's a difficult situation because at the moment there's not been any "dispute" as such, but making a complaint to the police about them is something that should really be disclosed to future buyers. I have had clients in the past disclose disputes with neighbours which hasn't put buyers off, but this sounds very much like an ongoing thing which could of course frighten people off. It's a catch 22 really because you don't want to frighten buyers off but you also don't want to get stuck in a situation where you've failed to disclose information either.
Damn ☹ Best case scenario they move first 🤞 Preferably far far away from anyone else so they can't torture anyone!

I wonder what kind of criteria they have to meet?
Lenders have what is known as a “panel” which is basically their approved list of solicitors who may act for them!

Usually there’s no issue in solicitors being added to the panel. Some of the more obscure lenders (ie: not the main high street/popular ones) will have slightly stricter requirements. Examples of a requirement might be that the firm of solicitors must have more than 2 partners.

Lenders have what is known as a “panel” which is basically their approved list of solicitors who may act for them!

Usually there’s no issue in solicitors being added to the panel. Some of the more obscure lenders (ie: not the main high street/popular ones) will have slightly stricter requirements. Examples of a requirement might be that the firm of solicitors must have more than 2 partners.
thank you that’s really helpful 😊