Home insurance claims - accidental damage

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After anyone's experience of claiming on contents insurance. My daughter has accidentally fell whilst holding a box of toys, the result is the TV has cracked in the screen and has a big line through the middle.
It's a fairly expensive TV so we are seeing if we may be able to claim some money on our contents insurance. Husband is looking at ordering a TV himself in the next few days as we anticipate the claim process may be lengthy. He's considering a newer model and is just hoping we can get something towards it, if we can't then it's just one of those things.

Has anyone made a claim before? I've submitted the forms online and sent a photo, now it looks like I just wait to be contacted. How long did it take, if anyone has been through this before?

They should have something in their FAQs about how long it takes for them to get back to you but I suspect a few days at least.

To be honest depending on your excess and increased policy next year it might not be worth it, but that's hard to say. It will also depend on your policy if they replace or give you the cash. I was given a prepaid Mastercard for a stolen camera and paid the difference for a better model.

They should have something in their FAQs about how long it takes for them to get back to you but I suspect a few days at least.

To be honest depending on your excess and increased policy next year it might not be worth it, but that's hard to say. It will also depend on your policy if they replace or give you the cash. I was given a prepaid Mastercard for a stolen camera and paid the difference for a better model.
Thanks. I've spoken to them now and they've said it will definitely be a cash offer as they have no suppliers to issue replacements or tradesmen to repair. We've gone ahead and ordered a new TV. Insurance said if we want to reject the offer we can and it just goes down as withdrawn. If we accept it then the excess is just deducted. Just waiting what they offer....