Home Improvements

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone got any projects ongoing? We literally finished a kitchen extension just before lockdown 😂 starting a replacement bathroom later this months, and having problems sourcing tiles and flooring we originally picked due to shortages 😬

Reactions: 1
My bathroom is still ongoing but it's just the final decorative bits so painting the walls etc. I just can't find a shade of paint I like

We’ve got plastering to be done- our bedroom, spare room and landing/hallway. Then new floor to be laid which has been sat waiting for about a year now. Lockdown put everything on hold and now only 7 weeks til my due date to get as much done as poss!

We also did lots of painting in the garden during lockdown- shed conservatory etc (ours is made of wood), we couldn’t get the paint because of shortages and were halfway through. Hope you get the choices you want!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Weve picked a kitchen, got the funds but need to wait for my eldest to go back to school and me back to work before we can start. Last thing I need is to be stuck in all day with no kitchen and 2 hungry kids. My youngest is still napping twice a day so need her to be at the childminders whilst I'm at work.

Weve picked a kitchen, got the funds but need to wait for my eldest to go back to school and me back to work before we can start. Last thing I need is to be stuck in all day with no kitchen and 2 hungry kids. My youngest is still napping twice a day so need her to be at the childminders whilst I'm at work.
We’ve had the same with the bathroom, going to clear off in the summer holidays whilst they do the worst of it!

We’ve had the same with the bathroom, going to clear off in the summer holidays whilst they do the worst of it!
I know its a nightmare. Weve never had a new kitchen. The first house we moved to had a brand new one. Weve been in here 5 years and its needed once since we moved in 😒
We had a new bathroom in the old house but that was pre kids and weve both got showers at work.

This was our logic last year. Went on honeymoon and got back and it wasn’t finished we had no toilet 🚽 😟 due to a problem with the flooring. Had been up 24 hours but straight to b&q for a refund and to choose new floor and eventually we had a working toilet at about 7pm that day 😂

• Wow
Only decorating the lounge. Not chosen the paint yet though. :giggle: Oh and want to refresh the bathroom.

Must say though I prefer dressing the room then the painting.

We are doing our bedroom and having new doors hung throughout, I just can't cope with the mess that comes with it 😩

We started our bedroom yesterday. Ripped out a built in wardrobe and took down our bed, prepped for painting etc. Need to find a new carpet but we're in local lockdown so not sure how long we'll be sleeping on the floor! New bed and wardrobe isn't due til 23rd and all our clothes are currently under our 5yr olds mid sleeper.

We're also planning to completely do the kitchen next year. Whole house needs doing but we only decided not to move a few weeks ago - planning all the changes is very exciting!

Before lockdown we wanted to do our spare room, and hall stairs and landing, but they all need new carpet and replastering so we’ve not been able to start yet. Glad we didn’t though - we got the garden looking amazing instead, and now we know we’re not going to be back in work until January, we are going to make the spare room into an office instead 😂 things always work out for the best don’t they.

Reactions: 3
This was our logic last year. Went on honeymoon and got back and it wasn’t finished we had no toilet 🚽 😟 due to a problem with the flooring. Had been up 24 hours but straight to b&q for a refund and to choose new floor and eventually we had a working toilet at about 7pm that day 😂
Oh gosh. We had our kitchen booked in whilst we was on holiday for 10 days. I know it wouldn't have been completed on our return but most of it would have been done. Now we're going to have to juggle it around out schedual leaving us kitchenless with a 6 y/o, baby and two adults.

Any advice on this 😂

We are having our roof replaced, it’s been on the house since it was built 70 odd yrs ago, we had a conservatory built last yr & a drive done! Really want my bedroom decorated but our savings are gone now 😕

[
Oh gosh. We had our kitchen booked in whilst we was on holiday for 10 days. I know it wouldn't have been completed on our return but most of it would have been done. Now we're going to have to juggle it around out schedual leaving us kitchenless with a 6 y/o, baby and two adults.

Any advice on this 😂
we had to go 6 weeks without a kitchen earlier this year with a 6 year old and toddler! I kept a fridge in the kids play room, microwave and toaster. We just ate a lot of ready meals!

we had to go 6 weeks without a kitchen earlier this year with a 6 year old and toddler! I kept a fridge in the kids play room, microwave and toaster. We just ate a lot of ready meals!
This is what I'm thinking. Make a mini kitchen in the dining room. I've got a slow cooker so could use that too. My MIL will have to do our washing. We normally do a load a day 🙄

Ideally I'd like to do a big batch cook and freeze, but I cant see this happening myself 😬

Nothing big, just finished redecorated our living room (painting, adding some new furniture, changing decor etc) and are in the process of doing the same with our boys’ bedroom. I need to buy new carpet for their room and the hallway/stairs so that’s next on the agenda. Now that I’ve started though I keep looking at the other rooms and wanting to change them up too. I’ve had almost 2 weeks annual leave from work and haven’t stopped the whole time, I’ll need another break by the time I go back next week. 😂