When are you having a holiday?

• After one vaccine

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • After two vaccines (full immunity)

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Before the first vaccine/not having the vaccine

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wondered if any of you were having a holiday after one vaccine or before your first vaccine?
It's a big debate in my house, I want to go on holiday a week before my second vaccine, but my husband wants to wait until after the second vaccine, which means a stay-cation in August.
I wondered what others were doing?

Surely most people will be doing what will be allowed?
I mean what the travel and insurance companies insist upon.

Reactions: 2
I’m not expecting to be offered a vaccine any time soon so I’ve had to answer ‘no vaccine’ but not by choice, if offered I will jump at the chance

Reactions: 1
I have no idea honestly, it will depend on some of the rules and restrictions. I havent yet been offered a vaccine so not sure what to say

Surely most people will be doing what will be allowed?
I mean what the travel and insurance companies insist upon.
I just thought some people are still a bit worried about catching it and wondered if having the vaccine would make you more likely to go on holiday whether in this country or abroad

It depends what vaccine I get and when. I’ve read reports that after one dose of Pfizer (the one I’m most likely to be offered) you have as much protection as the J&J (the second most likely). Also Ireland are apparently planning on only giving one dose of Pfizer to people who had confirmed covid in the past 6 months because recent studies suggest it’s the same protection as have two doses in that scenario, and I had it a few months ago. Soooo I’m hoping this means I’m good to go on holiday after my first (and probably only) dose in June?
Also for those of us in EU countries, the green pass is for people who test negative too so that helps.

It depends what vaccine I get and when. I’ve read reports that after one dose of Pfizer (the one I’m most likely to be offered) you have as much protection as the J&J (the second most likely). Also Ireland are apparently planning on only giving one dose of Pfizer to people who had confirmed covid in the past 6 months because recent studies suggest it’s the same protection as have two doses in that scenario, and I had it a few months ago. Soooo I’m hoping this means I’m good to go on holiday after my first (and probably only) dose in June?
Also for those of us in EU countries, the green pass is for people who test negative too so that helps.
I think I'll get az, as they seem to be saving pzifer and Moderna for the under 30's.

Its PCR testing that is going to put people off going. A holiday to a green list country could involve a multitude of tests depending on where you go.

A test to get into your country of choice potentially (maybe more than 1!)
A test before departing back to the UK
And then a final test on day 2 of arriving back in the UK. And they are pricey.

Its PCR testing that is going to put people off going. A holiday to a green list country could involve a multitude of tests depending on where you go.

A test to get into your country of choice potentially (maybe more than 1!)
A test before departing back to the UK
And then a final test on day 2 of arriving back in the UK. And they are pricey.
Absolutely, and I also wonder how are countries going to cope with the huge amount of tourists needing PCR tests in a short space of time to fly home? Like Portugal for example as it’s probably going to be on your green list. Thousands of people will likely holiday in the Algarve this year and all require PCR tests to go back, on top of the general population who need tests too.

I voted after both vaccines, purely because I’m due my second one in the next few weeks and I don’t plan on going on holiday until next year at the earliest. But regardless of the vaccine, it’s more that I don’t want to pay for an endless amount of tests, nor do I want to be walking around with a face mask on on my holidays. Would rather just wait until that is no longer necessary

I voted both. We are hoping to go away in July to Silverstone, but regarding foreign holidays, it will be 2022 at the earliest and I'm not particularly positive about that either.

I voted both. We are hoping to go away in July to Silverstone, but regarding foreign holidays, it will be 2022 at the earliest and I'm not particularly positive about that either.
We're hoping to go to the states probably early 2022. I was hoping to go in December as we should have gone last December, but I imagine we'll have a spike around then.

I voted after both vaccines, purely because I’m due my second one in the next few weeks and I don’t plan on going on holiday until next year at the earliest. But regardless of the vaccine, it’s more that I don’t want to pay for an endless amount of tests, nor do I want to be walking around with a face mask on on my holidays. Would rather just wait until that is no longer necessary
I'm the same we need to get rid of the muzzles on our face first. Wouldn't be enjoyable sitting on a plane with a mask.. or on holiday not an experience I want to remember.

You'll still have to wear your muzzle on holidays abroad even after you get both vaccinations so I'll be staying at home and I won't be getting the vaccine either, no point when nothing changes. My best friends a doctor and has both hers, she's a month off work so said she'd holiday for 2 weeks in Spain with her mum who lives there (she hasn't seeing her since Christmas 2019) then she'd have 2 weeks back in London before returning to work, she got turned away at the airport and was told her it was a 5k fine if she got onto the flight.

After 1 vaccine but I’m desperately trying to get my second. I’m booked in for it but it’s so long away and I’d rather have it before I go abroad

The travel restrictions are absolutely ridiculous. We are more restricted this year than we were last year. My partner and I had three lovely holidays last year overseas and numerous weekends away in our camper van in the UK.

If the government insist on tests on return then a lot of people will be very disappointed when they find out that private testing capacity is pathetically low. There were many people who had to cancel trips last year as pre-departure tests were simply not available, even though the NHS test centres stood mostly empty.