Hints and tips for selling on market place

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a nightmare day yesterday and to be honest, every time I try to sell on marketplace it's a nightmare experience

I put a 43-inch smart HD TV up for £50.
From the moment I posted it, I had pm after pm faster than I could keep up with at least 45/50 in a three-hour period. most asking where from, when that was on the listing. Some people just posted "?" I gave out my address to a few people who of course never turned up.

I deleted it in the end as my stress levels were through the roof.
I'm going to relist today but what are your hints and tips or have you given up?

I also want to put a sewing machine and a huge bundle of items with it but don't know if my stress levels can take it or if I'm better off selling elsewhere and if so where?

I never give full address and don’t hold items, give general area and then say message when you’re on way for door number. I’ve done ok selling on fb but there are a lot of t*ats!! Good luck!

Reactions: 1
I never give full address and don’t hold items, give general area and then say message when you’re on way for door number. I’ve done ok selling on fb but there are a lot of t*ats!! Good luck!
Yes, I think I will only give my address at the last moment in future. Or maybe just stick to the selling groups in my local area. but even then its a minefield of timewasting twats

Yep never give your address until they have confirmed a time. I live in the middle of nowhere so it's an absolute arse when people don't turn up.

I usually check people's profiles before I message anyone back. Half the time they are a billion miles away so obvious scammers. And if people don't say please or thank you then I don't bother to reply.

If you have that many messages maybe try again with a higher price?

I cannot bear marketplace but it is so useful for selling.

• Heart
I’ve only sold a couple of things and had no issues. I would say make the item listing as clear as possible with almost a list of FAQs covered but you will still get people who refuse to read the text firing off questions!

As always be realistic with the price you want, but if you’re getting a lot of interest you might find you’ve priced too low. It’s worth seeing if you can find something comparable to help set a price.

I always ask for cash on collection, and don’t give out your address unless you believe it’s a genuine buyer who is en-route. You can find the postcode for somewhere nearby like a shop, church etc. and provide that.

Some things sell really easily and much better than selling on eBay. Good photos help.

• Heart
Yep never give your address until they have confirmed a time. I live in the middle of nowhere so it's an absolute arse when people don't turn up.

I usually check people's profiles before I message anyone back. Half the time they are a billion miles away so obvious scammers. And if people don't say please or thank you then I don't bother to reply.

If you have that many messages maybe try again with a higher price?

I cannot bear marketplace but it is so useful for selling.

This time I have put my location in capitals three times and only got two replies phew!
One coming tonight and another in line if they don't turn up or take it, both seem very genuine and respectful. fingers crossed.

Also got myself a free coffee table. been looking for a certain one for ages and was willing to pay £50 but see one for free. so all in all a better day. well as long as the TV goes later.

I'm putting a huge sewing bundle up soon and was dreading it, but I think making sure they all see my location sorted a few out. so many before were asking where I am even though it was on the advert. and some lived hours away. OK I would drive hours for a car or something but not a 2nd hand TV