Healthy, quick recipes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

The below is my version, feed adult female and 6'3 26 year old Male.
300g Orzo
200g Mushrooms
1/2 shallot ( sneaked that in as son hates onions so could add more)
300ml veg stock
300ml milk
30g Parmesan
As much Spinach as I could fit in saucepan
Total calories for above 1065 I had 2/5 so 420 for my portion.
Chicken would be a good add
Took approx 20 to 25 mins start to finish and 1 saucepan

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Packet of gnocchi
10 or so cherry tomatoes
10 or so olives
1 sliced courgette
1 sliced red onion
1 chopped red pepper
Season with rosemary, black pepper and crushed chillis

Roast in a baking tray in the oven for 35 mins at 180.

This feeds me and my husband for 1 dinner and 1 lunch each. I'm not sure of the calories per portion, is also good with added chicken thighs.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Packet of gnocchi
10 or so cherry tomatoes
10 or so olives
1 sliced courgette
1 sliced red onion
1 chopped red pepper
Season with rosemary, black pepper and crushed chillis

Roast in a baking tray in the oven for 35 mins at 180.

This feeds me and my husband for 1 dinner and 1 lunch each. I'm not sure of the calories per portion, is also good with added chicken thighs.
Love a sheet pan gnocchi recipe.. I'll see if I can work out calories roughly.

I make the calorie count 1000, if a tablespoon of olive oil is used add 126 calories but for 2 people 500 cal a serving is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I make the calorie count 1000, if a tablespoon of olive oil is used add 126 calories but for 2 people 500 cal a serving is great.
Oh I would definitely drizzle over some olive oil yes, forgot that! This would normally do us leftovers, so I'd call it 3 servings?

Prawns, pasta (linguini is good), bunch of spring onions, garlic, spinach, cherry tomatoes, chilli, splash or two if white wine, lemon zest (and juice if needed) seasoning.

While pasta is cooking gently fry chopped spring onions and garlic in a little olive oil, add a handful of chopped tomatoes, chilli and wine. Let it bubble for a couple of minutes add spinach (I add lots!) prawns and lemon zest and juice, season well. Drain pasta and add to prawn mix and combine thoroughly. Fifteen minutes from start to finish.
I’ve no idea what the calorie count is but it is very tasty.

Reactions: 4
Chicken Meatballs (homemade or Sainsburys)
Tablespoon of Olive oil
2 teaspoons of Ras El Hanout spice
Can of Chickpeas
Can of Chopped Tomatoes
Spinach

Heat the oil and brown off the meatballs,
add spice and coat meatballs
Add tomatoes, chickpeas and half a cup of water and then leave to simmer 15-20 mins of so,
add spinach and serve with a dollop of greek yogurt

Total calories for entire recipe 1097 without the yogurt and serves 2 adults 1 5'7 female and 1 6'3 Male.

Reactions: 3
Chicken Meatballs (homemade or Sainsburys)
Tablespoon of Olive oil
2 teaspoons of Ras El Hanout spice
Can of Chickpeas
Can of Chopped Tomatoes
Spinach

Heat the oil and brown off the meatballs,
add spice and coat meatballs
Add tomatoes, chickpeas and half a cup of water and then leave to simmer 15-20 mins of so,
add spinach and serve with a dollop of greek yogurt

Total calories for entire recipe 1097 without the yogurt and serves 2 adults 1 5'7 female and 1 6'3 Male.
I absolutely love the sound of this! Will try it with turkey mince - I might swap the chickpeas with cauliflower rice and see how that works ( we bought an under counter freezer before lockdown 2 of us in house- really no need for it- everything back in main fridge freezer now- tons of cauliflower rice to use)
Sorry for f*cking with your recipe but you have given me a new recipe to try❤

Go for it. The original recipe was from waitrose and I fucked around with it because they withdrew the meatballs