HDE - Hunger directed eating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else noticed that this latest trend had just disappeared of the face of the earth?!

Reactions: 5
Anyone else noticed that this latest trend had just disappeared of the face of the earth?!
Yes, thank god. Seen many who got sucked into the HDE fad now back to SW/CC/WW as they’ve gained weight. Got sick of seeing people slag off the plans they originally lost weight on, moaning about how restricted they were and that they had no life which past pictures proved to be far from that 🙄😂 I used to love following the antidietpilot but had to delete her when she became so preachy and unrelatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
All the preachy ones are back on their diet plans . So many of them are just sheep who jump on any trend and try to get others to join them .

Reactions: 2
I tried it and did fantastic for two weeks, then I've gone back to my usual binge eating self so it isn't that easy!
I actually got angry with seeing them taking photos of what was left on their plate. That was really triggering for me. I was thinking I was doing it wrong because I'd eaten more than them. But when I suggested this to one of them I was ignored. Funny how it's all disappeared now.

When a diet that’s ‘not a diet’ has a ‘Creator’ (in HDE case, Josie Spinardi), that alone should tell you all you need to know.

Yup. Just need itwasalwaysellie to jack it in. So sick of her preaching about it!!

I find I can maintain following HDE - but not lose.

Reactions: 3
Yup. Just need itwasalwaysellie to jack it in. So sick of her preaching about it!!

I find I can maintain following HDE - but not lose.
Searched to see if someone had already posted about this.

Looks like itwasalways_ellie has changed her tune! It’s not in her bio (not sure if it ever was tbh) and there’s no mention of it in her latest post.

They aaaaall seem to be stepping away from it. SURPRISE SURPRISE

Reactions: 1
I don't understand how accounts were so mesmerised by this "groundbreaking" book.. Posting pictures of dominoes pizza and afternoon teas and being all WOW THIS IS Amazing.. No hun, you're just eating junk without the "guilt", calories are calories whether they inflict guilt or not🤷‍♀️

Was just coming to post that I noticed this has been quickly dropped almost as quickly as it got picked up by the majority! 😂

In particular itwasalwaysellie has noticeably dropped all mention of it. Just waiting for the post about rejoining SW next.

Hiya,

Just wanted to wade in on this. I follow HDE and am not going to lie, I was inspired by the Instagram lot. I have to say for me, it has been life changing. I have just had my second baby and the day of giving birth was at my booking in weight with my first child, I don’t obsess about food or feel terrible when I ‘go off plan’, I feel more connected to my friends and family and it has done wonders for my mental health. I am the lightest I have ever been and still dropping weight easily eating exactly what I want - which for the most part is very healthy and balanced.

THE KEY DIFFERENCE....

I don’t instagram every morsel that passes my lips. I don’t story about it for ages. I don’t talk about it for engagement, I don’t post motivational quotes or let it take over my life... it’s just that I had gradually changed the way I think about food. These instagrammers have serious issues around eating. I have slowly come to realize this over the last few years when I have had my own food diary page. There is no way that you can have a healthy attitude towards your diet if most of your day is spent obsessing about posting pictures of food, the amount of likes you get, recording stories of what you have just eaten, justifying what you have eaten etc etc. it creates a disengagement with your family as you are constantly on your phone and means you are thinking about food 24/7 which is the complete opposite philosophy that HDE promotes.....whilst these instagrammers may loose some weight, the unhealthy attitudes still remain. I genuinely believe that Instagram is a eating disorder sufferers paradise.... all these people need to get off Instagram and heal their relationship with their diets!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Was just coming to post that I noticed this has been quickly dropped almost as quickly as it got picked up by the majority! 😂

In particular itwasalwaysellie has noticeably dropped all mention of it. Just waiting for the post about rejoining SW next.
I’m surprised there isn’t a separate thread for her tbh. She will 100% be back on SW to lose weight for her wedding. All those videos she posted of others binning their diet books etc, it was so sanctimonious! The majority are now back on some sort of regimented diet. I’m not saying HDE doesn’t work, but a lot of people need structure, that’s why so many on WW/SW/Keto etc

Literally everyone I follow who made their big HDE announcements have gone quiet which means one thing in Instaworld: they are off busy scoffing their faces or 'living their best lives'.

I’m surprised there isn’t a separate thread for her tbh. She will 100% be back on SW to lose weight for her wedding. All those videos she posted of others binning their diet books etc, it was so sanctimonious! The majority are now back on some sort of regimented diet. I’m not saying HDE doesn’t work, but a lot of people need structure, that’s why so many on WW/SW/Keto etc
She's now announced she's going back on SW. I've started a thread on her in the Instagram forum.