Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Instagrime

I posted this on a different thread (think it was in relation to itsemmaslife or whatkateate)

I am totally for HDE in the true form it was intended I.e. to reset people’s mindsets and break away from Diet culture etc.

What I do have a problem with is the way all the weight loss accounts have jumped on it and it’s now become a competition of who left the most food on their plate. And people sharing photos of a McDonald’s and saying how proud they are that they don’t feel guilty eating a McDonald’s. Some of the weight loss accounts have simply replaced one form of disordered eating with another rather than addressing their actual relationship with food

Reactions: 13

Fatllama

I’ve read the book and giving it a go I’ve lost 9 pounds on it in 3 weeks. (I’m not massive but just had my second child) I think it does work .. but for how long I’m not sure?

BUUUUUUUUT it’s pissing me off these big accounts are now acting like they invented it spouting about it (whatkateate I’m looking at you) when last week they said only WW or SW was there way of life.
Girl bye.

Reactions: 10

insta(sham)

Hiya,

Just wanted to wade in on this. I follow HDE and am not going to lie, I was inspired by the Instagram lot. I have to say for me, it has been life changing. I have just had my second baby and the day of giving birth was at my booking in weight with my first child, I don’t obsess about food or feel terrible when I ‘go off plan’, I feel more connected to my friends and family and it has done wonders for my mental health. I am the lightest I have ever been and still dropping weight easily eating exactly what I want - which for the most part is very healthy and balanced.

THE KEY DIFFERENCE....

I don’t instagram every morsel that passes my lips. I don’t story about it for ages. I don’t talk about it for engagement, I don’t post motivational quotes or let it take over my life... it’s just that I had gradually changed the way I think about food. These instagrammers have serious issues around eating. I have slowly come to realize this over the last few years when I have had my own food diary page. There is no way that you can have a healthy attitude towards your diet if most of your day is spent obsessing about posting pictures of food, the amount of likes you get, recording stories of what you have just eaten, justifying what you have eaten etc etc. it creates a disengagement with your family as you are constantly on your phone and means you are thinking about food 24/7 which is the complete opposite philosophy that HDE promotes.....whilst these instagrammers may loose some weight, the unhealthy attitudes still remain. I genuinely believe that Instagram is a eating disorder sufferers paradise.... all these people need to get off Instagram and heal their relationship with their diets!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Chipsandgravy

Chatty Member
I'm sick of hearing about it and I've actually muted several accounts because of it. I'm hoping they will all get bored soon

Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full is hardly groundbreaking. Plus, anything that has rules to follow is still a diet. Sorry to break that to you, antidietpilot. Especially as the book has THIN and SKINNY on the front. Of course it's a diet! :rolleyes:

People are losing weight because they are in a calorie deficit. That's how all diets work.

DozyDora

If it knocks the likes of SW and WW off their diet culture, toxic perches then HDE is a good thing

• Heart

lime

Literally everyone I follow who made their big HDE announcements have gone quiet which means one thing in Instaworld: they are off busy scoffing their faces or 'living their best lives'.

Reactions: 4

memoii11

VIP Member
I've been doing it for ages, waaayy before the bandwagon! I love it! Have lost weight and am the happiest in years.

Chipsandgravy

Chatty Member
I’m surprised there isn’t a separate thread for her tbh. She will 100% be back on SW to lose weight for her wedding. All those videos she posted of others binning their diet books etc, it was so sanctimonious! The majority are now back on some sort of regimented diet. I’m not saying HDE doesn’t work, but a lot of people need structure, that’s why so many on WW/SW/Keto etc
She's now announced she's going back on SW. I've started a thread on her in the Instagram forum.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Anyone else noticed that this latest trend had just disappeared of the face of the earth?!
Yes, thank god. Seen many who got sucked into the HDE fad now back to SW/CC/WW as they’ve gained weight. Got sick of seeing people slag off the plans they originally lost weight on, moaning about how restricted they were and that they had no life which past pictures proved to be far from that 🙄😂 I used to love following the antidietpilot but had to delete her when she became so preachy and unrelatable.

Last edited:

kadykal95

Chatty Member
This is literally all over my instagram feed right now. It seemed to start with theantidietpilot and blow up from there. Any thoughts on it?

Reactions: 3

JayS

I don't understand how accounts were so mesmerised by this "groundbreaking" book.. Posting pictures of dominoes pizza and afternoon teas and being all WOW THIS IS Amazing.. No hun, you're just eating junk without the "guilt", calories are calories whether they inflict guilt or not🤷‍♀️

kadykal95

Chatty Member
I’ve read the book and giving it a go I’ve lost 9 pounds on it in 3 weeks. (I’m not massive but just had my second child) I think it does work .. but for how long I’m not sure?

BUUUUUUUUT it’s pissing me off these big accounts are now acting like they invented it spouting about it (whatkateate I’m looking at you) when last week they said only WW or SW was there way of life.
Girl bye.
Well done!👏

I think the basis of it makes sense, all of the people who are doing it though are either already slim from doing SW or calorie counting or are overweight and have just started doing it. Theres nobody that has lost a significant amount of weight doing it alone and kept it off.

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Yup. Just need itwasalwaysellie to jack it in. So sick of her preaching about it!!

I find I can maintain following HDE - but not lose.

Chipsandgravy

Chatty Member
Was just coming to post that I noticed this has been quickly dropped almost as quickly as it got picked up by the majority! 😂

In particular itwasalwaysellie has noticeably dropped all mention of it. Just waiting for the post about rejoining SW next.

Instagrime

Whats with them posting pictures of the food leftover on their plate that they didn't eat, that seems like eating disorder territory to me.
That’s the new “trend”. The look-how-much-food-I-left-on-my-plate competition 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2

lineofduty92

chloejobletsoe had a massive rant about it the other day, then got upset when people didn’t agree with her. She felt that strongly about it she then promptly deleted it when she got flack for it.

Lalobadee

VIP Member
All the preachy ones are back on their diet plans . So many of them are just sheep who jump on any trend and try to get others to join them .

Fatllama

Thank you! I don’t know if it’s like any new thing you start you’re like YEAH IVE GOT THIS IM DOING SO WELL.. and then few weeks in it all goes tits up 😂

I would recommend anyone read it mind if you don’t wanna stuck in the whole diet culture and obsessed worth points/syns/calories!

I am curious to see if it works long term for anyone (myself included) I hope it gets so popular people stop posting their rank slimming world meals :sick::sick:

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
I got the book for my kindle. I’m on page 49 and have found it so repetitive. There’s a line in it that’s literally duplicated word for word in 2 different chapters.

Keepingkate and itwasalwaysellie should be on commission!! That’s all they post about