Hayfever?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else started already?

I normally get it spring/early summer but this feels like a piss take.

My face is huge, puffy and itchy. My eyes look horrendous.

Anyone else hate hayfever?!

Reactions: 4
Yes! Mine started about 4-5 weeks ago :( It's got better recently but lots of people on twitter say theirs started really early too.

We’ve had unseasonably warm weather, so hay fever was expected to start sooner.

Mine is debilitating so I’m drinking antihistamines like it’s koolaid.

Reactions: 1
Yes!!!! I hate it!!! I've had hayfever for 20 years, but had never ever had it this early! March, WTAF? This is not okay!
I sneeze about 200 times a day, it sucks. [emoji1784][emoji1784]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm ok at the moment, it's those bloody fields of bright yellow rape seed that set me off[emoji1784][emoji1784][emoji1784][emoji1784][emoji1784]
I hate flowers! [emoji35][emoji2959]

Yep!!! Bloodshot eye, itchiness, sneezing. Usually starts around april/May for me with the grass pollen but this is stupid!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone ever had the hay-fever jab? I'm seriously considering it this year as the last couple of years have been horrendous!!!

Has anyone ever had the hay-fever jab? I'm seriously considering it this year as the last couple of years have been horrendous!!!
Ages ago I did all allergy tests and my doctor recommended that I did a treatment which consisted of daily drops for my tongue and these would be specifically made for my needs (ridiculously overpriced all the way from Belgium). I had such high hopes as Spring truly is unbearable for me. But a few days in and I had to stop! My throat was so swollen, difficulty breathing, nauseous, you name it. It was awful! As soon as I stopped, those scary symptoms went away. I just looked up this jab and unfortunately seems it has all these side effects I dealt with.
I came to conclusion I'd rather sneeze and be miserable throughout Spring instead of dealing with that tit treatment!

Ages ago I did all allergy tests and my doctor recommended that I did a treatment which consisted of daily drops for my tongue and these would be specifically made for my needs (ridiculously overpriced all the way from Belgium). I had such high hopes as Spring truly is unbearable for me. But a few days in and I had to stop! My throat was so swollen, difficulty breathing, nauseous, you name it. It was awful! As soon as I stopped, those scary symptoms went away. I just looked up this jab and unfortunately seems it has all these side effects I dealt with.
I came to conclusion I'd rather sneeze and be miserable throughout Spring instead of dealing with that tit treatment!

Ah, thanks for that.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’m under the consultant for my hayfever as it really does make me scared to leave the house in the summer it’s so bad.

Since Thursday I’ve had a stuffy nose and a sore throat. It definitely does feel too early for grass pollen though...

I tried the immuno therapy drops too and had a bad reaction. My tongue and lips started to swell really badly one day so I also stopped the treatment. I had mine on the NHS though...

You can’t even have the jab privately unfortunately as it has the scary side effects of steroids and has been stopped...

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’m under the consultant for my hayfever as it really does make me scared to leave the house in the summer it’s so bad.

Since Thursday I’ve had a stuffy nose and a sore throat. It definitely does feel too early for grass pollen though...

I tried the immuno therapy drops too and had a bad reaction. My tongue and lips started to swell really badly one day so I also stopped the treatment. I had mine on the NHS though...

You can’t even have the jab privately unfortunately as it has the scary side effects of steroids and has been stopped...
Oh I thought you could still get the jabs done privately?! I am already dreading the summer 😭

I don't live in the UK, hence going to a private doctor for the drops, but it really was awful! So sorry you also had a bad experience going through all those scary symptoms. [emoji852]
Mine isn't as bad yet as it usually is in late April/early May, so I can't complain too much. Usually by then, it's so intense that I really struggle to do simple daily tasks. [emoji22]
I envy who doesn't have hayfever, being able to have picnics surrounded by flowers and just stay there for hours. [emoji15]

Unfortunately not. Me too. It’s been a horrid week already 😢
The injections still seem available in some private London clinics

Honestly I am already getting anxious at the thought of summer this year as I have a few events I am going to. 😭😭😭

Would love to hear whether anyone has had any success with the kenalog injections?

Try quercetin it's a natural mast cell stabilising supplement that's really good for allergies. I also use a neilmed sinus rinse after I go outside at the end of the day when there's a lot of pollen.

Touch wood I haven't noticed it bad yet this year and tree pollen is the worst for me, but last year was a nightmare with the very high levels.