Have you had Dental implant?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years back in a sporting accident a tooth of mine was broke, it was close to the wisdom tooth so not noticeable and I left it. Now I’ve been advised to replace it as other teeth drifting. I’ve no idea about implants, have you had and what do they cost? I can go anywhere in Ireland (either side of border) to have this done so even better if you have experience with a Dentist here.

My dad got a few in Budapest 4 years ago. The company he went with had a place in London as well. He had an issue just after he got them done where one came loose and he went to London have it tightened or whatever they do. Usually he would’ve had to pay extra for this as it was an extra cost if you wanted London to do follow up care if any issues but he didn’t select that, I guess cause it was so soon after he had them they let it slide.
Anyway since then no issues and he is very glad he had them done.
I think he originally went in Feb, had the initial implants part done then went back in May once all healed and got the teeth fitted. I think the second part was longer as they had to wait for his teeth to be made. Was a nice little holiday as well and from what I remember much cheaper than the UK.

Reactions: 1
I had one around 8/9 years ago. I think it was £2000 for a back molar. No problems with it since, although I do sometimes get told off for not flossing properly around it (working on that).

Resurrecting this thread as I'm looking to get a dental implant but horrified by the cost. I've been quoted £3250 for 1 although I do need a bone graft.

Resurrecting this thread as I'm looking to get a dental implant but horrified by the cost. I've been quoted £3250 for 1 although I do need a bone graft.
Yes they are crazy money. For the basic implant without any complications like the bone graft it starts at £2,200 from all the quotes I got. Then they want £90 (ish) to tell you that in a consultation. Also, you’ve to make sure all your other teeth are in tip top shape or you will need that work carried out first. No doubt it is a great job once completed but it’s eye watering costs.

My friend had one 35 years ago (I didn't even know they were a thing back then) and it's still going strong. I've got a consultation at a Brighton clinic end of May but I'm seriously considering going to Croatia. I think £2000 is a fair price but 3k+ is outrageous.
I'm finding the clinics very obtuse in pricing and a lot of them charge for the original consult so there is a limit to how many quotes one can get.

My friend had one 35 years ago (I didn't even know they were a thing back then) and it's still going strong. I've got a consultation at a Brighton clinic end of May but I'm seriously considering going to Croatia. I think £2000 is a fair price but 3k+ is outrageous.
I'm finding the clinics very obtuse in pricing and a lot of them charge for the original consult so there is a limit to how many quotes one can get.
Don't know where you live but the place my dad had his done you could go to London for the initial consultation and check ups but have the work done in Budapest as it was cheaper there. You had to pay a little extra for the London access, which he didn't do. Although he had an issue with his coming loose after a week or something so they did let him go to the London clinic for free. But it's a good option I think as it won't mean you have to go abroad each time if there is multiple stages

Don't know where you live but the place my dad had his done you could go to London for the initial consultation and check ups but have the work done in Budapest as it was cheaper there. You had to pay a little extra for the London access, which he didn't do. Although he had an issue with his coming loose after a week or something so they did let him go to the London clinic for free. But it's a good option I think as it won't mean you have to go abroad each time if there is multiple stages
I saw that on the other thread. Any idea which clinic it is.

ETA I think I've found it, Hungarian Dental Centre, I'm in Zone 6 so convenient for me.

Reactions: 1
I had a single implant fitted around ten years ago and have had zero issues. When I point it out in relevant conversation, most people have no idea it's a crown as it looks pretty natural.

It's a large expense but the dentist I used offered a 0% interest payment plan which I happily took them up on. I also paid extra for general anaesthetic which I don't regret.