Handmade Christmas gifts 🎁

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone here making some handmade Christmas presents if so what do you make? I’d love to hear about them.

This year I’m making one thing each for my kids as part of their Christmas present. I’ll post a few pics once I’ve finished them. I got most of my supplies from Sostrene Grene and I’ve really been enjoying making little things. One being a car storage display for my middle boys. It’s a wooden truck that I’m painting and adding some lights.

Even if they aren’t 100 percent perfect.

Reactions: 4
I'm going to make scarves for my kids. Making something for my mum & I'm getting canvases made from some beautiful photos I've had done for my parents. I usually make most of my Christmas decorations, stockings etc too

Reactions: 3
Just marking a place on this thread as I would also love to hear and see what you all make!

Reactions: 2
I keep watching soap videos on youtube, I'd like to make a big batch of soaps if I get the chance. Not that it'll workout any cheaper than buying but does look fun.

Can't mind where I saw this idea on instagram somewhere but I'm dying to try making the snowglobe candle holder made from a wine glass

I normally make my children's teachers fudge and chocolates, but my son wants to attempt candles this year! My daughter wants to make them all a magical empty box the joy of 4 year olds haha!

I did a stocking filler for my SO last year that was handmade. It was a mason jar that I decorated then inside was sticks with different date ideas. They were colour coded so red for food (go to a new restaurant, make sushi etc), green for outdoors, yellow for free, etc.

This year I am making a photo album/scrapbook. In the time of digital photos, we don't have many printed photos so that I that it would be nice to give him

I'm making pickles and mango chutney this year!
Been saving my jars all year. Just as extra little gifts for people

I am famous for my sloe gin, and have made it as teachers presents, as well as neighbours this year. Last year I couldn’t find a beanbag a liked for my daughter so ended up finding a tutorial online and the result was pretty successful, it is yet to explode all over her bedroom anyway! I make chutneys and pickles, and include them in hampers for gifts, and also mini Christmas cakes, Nancy from gbbo has a great idea of using baked bean tins on her blog. Would love to give some more seeing a go in the future and I would really like to be able to knit!

Reactions: 1
I’m knitting hats & scarves for some friends in Canada (so cold they will get much use from them) and also a couple blankets for other friends.

I keep watching soap videos on youtube, I'd like to make a big batch of soaps if I get the chance. Not that it'll workout any cheaper than buying but does look fun.
I get a 2lb block of Shea butter (melt & pour) on Amazon and it’s $15. That makes about 8-10 soaps for me, it of course depends on the moulds you use. It is fun and you can make so many types.

Last edited:
My 18m old is obsessed with balls so I’m making him a bag of Pom poms - it’s only a little thing but he’ll love it!

Reactions: 5
Ah you’re all so clever!
I do try to make something each year, as gifts wether I do a cake or whatever the trendy thing is that year;, cookies, macarons, scones, I’m not great at it and I always get so overwhelmed so I do try to be good and shop local or go on Etsy and NOTHS instead of giving my money to Argos and other big shops.

I made a scrabble letter frame for my mum for my birthday and now my grandma and mother in law will be getting one