Hair thickening shampoo?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hi everyone.

I’ve got really thin hair, and was just wondering can anyone recommend a thickening shampoo perhaps that will work?

It’s more round my scalp area and because I’ve got dark hair you can really notice my scalp more because it’s thin. I wish I could backcomb properly and I’d just backcomb my hair over my scalp 😂

Reactions: 1
Not a shampoo and it’s a bit rank but I use rice water on my hair and it thickens it lovely. Basically just soak rice (the water you use to rinse rice is fine or the one you’ve boiled it in, I personally prefer to soak it) and then spray it on your hair. Leave to sit like a hair mask and wash it out as normal.

hi everyone.

I’ve got really thin hair, and was just wondering can anyone recommend a thickening shampoo perhaps that will work?

It’s more round my scalp area and because I’ve got dark hair you can really notice my scalp more because it’s thin. I wish I could backcomb properly and I’d just backcomb my hair over my scalp 😂
Join the club. I've tried so many different shampoos and supplements with no success. Horrible seeing your scalp showing.

• Sad
It's not a hair fix but I have thin/bald patches due to having psoriasis on my scalp, I use root spray to darken my scalp. Home Bargains sell a brilliant one for only £1.99. I wash my hair every 3rd day and the spray is brilliant at lasting until washed out.

It's not a hair fix but I have thin/bald patches due to having psoriasis on my scalp, I use root spray to darken my scalp. Home Bargains sell a brilliant one for only £1.99. I wash my hair every 3rd day and the spray is brilliant at lasting until washed out.
Have you heard of stinky stuff for humans? Bought it for my dad's psoriasis and it can be used on the scalp. Amazing before and after pics on facebook.

Have you heard of stinky stuff for humans? Bought it for my dad's psoriasis and it can be used on the scalp. Amazing before and after pics on facebook.
No I haven't and I'm open to using anything after trying a million and one things 🤣 Thanks for recommendation 🙂

No I haven't and I'm open to using anything after trying a million and one things 🤣 Thanks for recommendation 🙂
Give it a try. I'm getting a pot for my Niece to try. They refuse to refer her to a derm and she's covered in marks and bleeding from itching and it's in her scalp too. She's only just a teen so hopefully she will stick to using it properly. You mainly see pets on the facebook page but if you scroll through you will see people. Anything is worth a try I think.

JVN Embody Shampoo and Conditioner (you can buy from SpaceNK). It’s not cheap but it really works. The shampoo makes your hair feel quite dry/knotty when you’re putting it through (rather than silky smooth) so I use the conditioner on the ends of my hair (I have long hair) so it’s not hard to comb through, but when you dry it you definitely have more volume that lasts. I used to have to wash my hair on a daily basis because it would look so flat, but now I can wash every other day. There is also a new styling foam that has been added to the range but I’ve not used that so can’t vouch for it.

Not sure if there is a SpaceNK near you but they’ll often give you samples to try so you might want to see if they can. The range is not cheap but a little goes a long way - I got 3 months out of a bottle.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
JVN Embody Shampoo and Conditioner (you can buy from SpaceNK). It’s not cheap but it really works. The shampoo makes your hair feel quite dry/knotty when you’re putting it through (rather than silky smooth) so I use the conditioner on the ends of my hair (I have long hair) so it’s not hard to comb through, but when you dry it you definitely have more volume that lasts. I used to have to wash my hair on a daily basis because it would look so flat, but now I can wash every other day. There is also a new styling foam that has been added to the range but I’ve not used that so can’t vouch for it.

Not sure if there is a SpaceNK near you but they’ll often give you samples to try so you might want to see if they can. The range is not cheap but a little goes a long way - I got 3 months out of a bottle.
Not the OP but I have the same problem and have tried so much but will give this a go. Thanks, I'd like to try and find some samples online rather than buying the bigger size and ending up chucking it.

Rosemary oil seems to be a popular trend on social media for hair, has anyone tried this and would they recommend?

Not the OP but I have the same problem and have tried so much but will give this a go. Thanks, I'd like to try and find some samples online rather than buying the bigger size and ending up chucking it.
I’ve tried so many things and this is genuinely the only thing that has worked for me. I would get some root lift with that talc stuff in my hair but texturally it would feel awful and it wrecked my hair trying to brush it out, and with the scalp build up from it.

Rosemary oil seems to be a popular trend on social media for hair, has anyone tried this and would they recommend?
I’ve tried it (even have it in currently!) and I think it’s working really well. My hair is naturally thick and long anyway but I’ve felt like it’s growing much faster since I’ve started using it

I use the mielle one