Grudge holders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kinda random, but I just wanted to say how beautifully you write!

That's exactly what I do, and try to put them out of my mind completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Thank you . I’d had a slightly out of date sleeping pill and my brain was fuzzy

Reactions: 1
I’m another who can’t be dealing with grudges, especially over petty stuff. For example one of my Aunties has never really forgiven her sister in law for a comment she made to her at a family wedding in the early 1970’s, so you are talking 50 bloody years ago or thereabouts. They are civil to each other but there is always an underlying friction there.

If you knew what the comment was you’d realise just how pathetic it is.

Go on...what was the comment?
I won't repeat it on the off chance someone knows me posts on here and sees it. You'll just have to take my word for it that it was a massive overreaction.

Speaking about myself i feel like even if time makes me forgive and get back to normal with someone whenever they do a new thing that hurts me i just remember it all and overreact, bearing in mind all the things they did in the past.
Sometimes they r close family or friends. And i find myself avoiding them for some time and during that time i feel guilty and bad about it. I realize that holding grudges only hurts me the most cuz I think I'm a crowd pleaser.
The reason for holding a grudge even for a short time is mainly because it hurts my ego when someone for example shouts at me during an argument or refuses to hear my side of the story. I also find it hard to apologise when the other person has made more wrong that me if that makes sense.

I rambled so much i know

Reactions: 3
Marvellous! How very dare she!!

Sounds normal and reasonable to me

We had similar a fall out after a night out just before my wedding. There was some tit for tat bitching and then nothing for 10 years. We would check up on each other on social media (she admitted this)
I got drunk and was thinking about events that had occurred in the last 10 years and how I'd grown so I emailed her. She replied!!! We caught up and forgave but have never met up I don't think we will ever have that friendship back

But maybe the basis is there if you both wanted to put in the work and build on the friendship. That would have been my dream.