Grandparents Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if there is already a Grandparents Thread, but I don't think I've seen one on here. So, I'm going to be a Nanny in October, so excited! ❤
I've read other threads where prospective parents to be have had difficulties with overbearing Mum's, Mum In Laws, Father In Laws, distant relations or whatever.....I am so not going to be that person. It's really difficult to know how not to tread on parents to be's toes sometimes. For me, I'll support to death if they need me but try to butt out when necessary. It's a fine line.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oooh I am exactly the same, treading ever so lightly so I don’t upset them the way my then mother in law did! I have told them I am there for anything but I won’t push in. He’s a proper wee cutie though 💙👣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bless you, don't know whether ours is 💗 or 💙 yet, should find out this week. I'm the same, I'll support them if they need me & they know I love them to bits but I'm not interfering at all, if they want my advice they'll ask. My mother was terrible when I was having my son, dear me, got to be involved in everything & if I didn't do as she said she'd go sour. She was always a brilliant Nanny to him though xx

Both mothers were like that when it was my first, and didn’t get enough access etc by 3 years later when there was 3 neither offered ANY help 🙈😂 Couldn’t see them for dust 😂😂😂 mind you I am sure the same would be said for the new grandad here 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Both mothers were like that when it was my first, and didn’t get enough access etc by 3 years later when there was 3 neither offered ANY help 🙈😂 Couldn’t see them for dust 😂😂😂 mind you I am sure the same would be said for the new grandad here 🫣
That's it, they pick and choose sometimes don't they!!! I do know it works the other way round too sometimes tho, that some people put too much on well meaning grandparents and use them as an unpaid childcare service, happened to my friend 😔
I'm a bit different as my son and wife live overseas so I can't do much practically for them, to help, if they were here of course I would.

• Heart
That's it, they pick and choose sometimes don't they!!! I do know it works the other way round too sometimes tho, that some people put too much on well meaning grandparents and use them as an unpaid childcare service, happened to my friend 😔
I'm a bit different as my son and wife live overseas so I can't do much practically for them, to help, if they were here of course I would.
They really do, never seen so many older people out every day with the prand, but then cost of living is so bad and child care so damn expensive 😣 I wouldn’t want to be doing it on one salary now either. Is it long distance abroad or easy visiting distance? My sis in law is serious flights away and we have only seen her wee ones once 💔 that’s so hard on both sides

• Heart
They really do, never seen so many older people out every day with the prand, but then cost of living is so bad and child care so damn expensive 😣 I wouldn’t want to be doing it on one salary now either. Is it long distance abroad or easy visiting distance? My sis in law is serious flights away and we have only seen her wee ones once 💔 that’s so hard on both sides
I get it some are really happy to babysit and help, bless them. Not easy for me, I work full time, they're in the states. I'll go visit maybe when bubba is 6 months next Easter time xx

• Heart
I get it some are really happy to babysit and help, bless them. Not easy for me, I work full time, they're in the states. I'll go visit maybe when bubba is 6 months next Easter time xx
Thank goodness for video calls eh, we got a portal for the tv so we could all chat to the wee ones… brilliant, far better than just a phone camera x

• Heart
Thank goodness for video calls eh, we got a portal for the tv so we could all chat to the wee ones… brilliant, far better than just a phone camera x
Yep, that's it, I always knew I'd be Nanny that lives in the square picture box thingy that Daddy has to switch on, I'm good with that, I can entertain from afar, it's no problem 🤣

• Heart