Going grey.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m nearly 30 and have some grey but it’s not noticeable yet unless you get up close even with my dark hair. If genetics are anything to go by I’m expecting it to go more in the coming years. I’m not sure yet whether to just let it happen or dye it. My mum dyed her hair using box dyes for years and years to hide the grey (still does), and I have another relative who went fully grey at 20 and has dyed it ever since. I’m just not sure if I can be arsed with the upkeep. I don’t really care about the greys myself, but other people can be a bit mean about it, especially when you’re not fully grey and end up with ‘highlights’. I think people think it makes women look unkempt or something? I dye my hair occasionally for fun but that’s literally once a year or so when I feel arsed.

Sorry not really helpful😅

Reactions: 1
I started going grey at 19. I dyed it all the time (natural brunette). I’m now 37 and I’ve gone blonde so it camouflaged the greys so I don’t have to dye it so much. Bane of my life they are

I'm a couple of months into a forced grow out, became very allergic to the dye. 😔 I'm a mid brown colour, and it isn't as easy to turn that into beautiful grey hair, so many I've spoken to have had that done, and their hair is fried. Also heard that after ten years the chances of you becoming allergic go up, if you use the darker colours.
I'll be honest, I'd have dyed my hair forever, I do think it ages me. So much depends on what your colouring is, how much of your life and money you want to pour into it. You'll get to the point where every two or three weeks you can see the grey.

Reactions: 3
I've only got a few greys and they aren't really that noticeable, apart from a few that are a funny texture, have snapped off and stick up. I hope that they don't all come in like that.

My grandma had beautiful white hair when she was old so I hope I take after her.
My other grandma always had really dark hair with very few greys (she didn't dye it) and my parents were in the middle with a mix of grey and brown .

I’ve only noticed since I have dyed my hair back to black after several years of being blonde that I’m as grey as a badger haah

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have some greys coming through and at the moment I’m going to leave them. They’re quite a nice silvery colour. I’m hoping for a rogue stripe in my hair - the only thing is that they’re more curly than my normal hair so that’s difficult when I straighten it haha. I am very very low maintenance and I can’t be bothered with the cycle of dying it (and from previous experience it’s ruined the condition of my hair).

34 and very very grey. I have dark brown hair and I always box dye it but just got a new job and thought I’m gonna treat myself to the hairdressers. (I live abroad so they’re open here), I have an appointment in a few weeks and the struggle at the moment is real. My roots are horrendous. Luckily I WFH so don’t see anyone really. Looking to go a lighter brown so the growth isn’t as noticeable from now on 🤞🏻