Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

atomic

I saw Travis last week and god they were brilliant. I feel very strongly that they don’t make em like that anymore!!

Reactions: 7

PollyPerks

I’m just back from Gorillaz at the O2. OH MY GOD. Two and a half hours of dancing, singing, screaming and leaping about. I haven’t done that in so long and it was AMAZING. I ache in every single bit of my body now but it was so worth it. My first time seeing them live and they were incredible! Live music is back and I am so happy 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Polkadot123

VIP Member
So many to choose from.

Fleetwood mac - dream come true

Taylor swift- I just love her live.

The 1975 - seen them a few times and always a good time.

The killers - at latitude festival. It was unreal, such a good atmosphere.

The national - also latitude festival. Lead singer is amazing, so much passion.

Sigrid - she really gives it her all.

Def Leppard and motly crue - felt like stepping back in time. Great mosh pit.

The vaccines - so good and great energy

Noel and Liam Gallagher - separately of course.

Freya ridings - stunning live. And I saw her in the pouring rain at a secret gig in the middle of the woods, I was stood directly in front of her.

I could go on and on!

I don't really have bad ones, some at festivals that weren't great but I just move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Best - The 1975 at Parklife 2017 just after the Manchester bombing. I was front row and had waited in the mud all day for them and they brought out the Mayor of Manchester and all the staff that had been first on the scene after the bombing which was a really touching moment. Major Lazer were incredible at Reading 2017 too. I don't even listen to them but they absolutely stole the show and they weren't even headlining. Never danced so much in my entire life and would 100% see them again

Worst - probably Pale Waves in 2019. They're so bad live, Heather's voice is super whiny and they didn't speak to the crowd much at all which is a shame as I quite like their songs! I found myself checking the time throughout the gig which I never do. I went to see Blackbear in 2018 and he sucked. I absolutely ADORE Eminem and was so looking forward to seeing him but when I saw him at Reading 2017 it wasn't great and felt really rushed. He would perform like half a song then talk for ages and do skits. I get that he has a huge catalogue of songs but at least play some all the way through ffs

Gigs I'm going to soon - Blossoms at the Manchester Arena in a few weeks! And The Weeknd next year which will be 3rd time seeing him 🥰

Would love to see - Nine Inch Nails, The Killers, Radiohead 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 hopefully one day

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

PollyPerks

The Cure just announced a European tour 😭 has anyone been to a gig by themselves? I’m tempted to go but haven’t ever been to a gig without friends and I’m not sure how enjoyable it would be alone.
Hello! I have been to many, many gigs on my own since the 90s and I love it. I actually prefer to go on my own. You can arrive when you like, stand where you like and go totally mental without worrying about what anyone else is thinking if you want to! Once the band is on stage it’s just you and the music and nothing else matters. Definitely go!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

ot55

VIP Member
Love this thread!!!

Best - I can’t pick one specific gig but Panic! at the Disco are my favourite ever band. I’ve been lucky enough to seem them 9 times across gigs and festivals and it’s always been so special and I end up an emotional mess every time. Phenomenal live.

I don’t have a worst, but one that always makes me laugh is when I saw you me at six at sundown festival a few years ago. They really didn’t fit the vibe of the other acts so their crowd was pretty dead (great for me though😂). They made a speech about how this had been their best gig of the summer so far. And I was like ehhh 😅 because i’d seen them a couple weeks before this at reading festival and the crowd was insane by comparison lol. So it was definitely a bs speech

As for upcoming…I’ve got a day ticket for reading in just over a week! I’m sooooo excited to see yungblud. And hopefully machine gun Kelly but there’s rumours he may not be coming over now 🥲

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Fully prepared to be disappointed by Arctic Monkeys next year but I've waited so long to see them. Gutted I couldn't get Paramore tickets - we were on Ticketmaster and Seetickets from the second they were released 😭 😭

• Sad

strawb

VIP Member
i just saw the cure a few days ago for the 2nd time 😊

they were incredible, r. smith even cried at one point when they performed a song from the new album about his late brother. really perfect experience! i felt so sad for him, what a sweet, sweet man

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
The Killers in Doncaster a couple of weeks ago were amazing. Got Harry Styles next week which could possibly be the best night of my life;)

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Clairer86

VIP Member
Can i just say- i saw Joan Armatrading at Glastonbury one year and oh my fucking god- she was amazing!! She was the highlight for me. :)

Clairer86

VIP Member
Fleetwood Mac was the absolute best. Just to be in the same place and breathing the same air as Stevie Nicks was fucking amazing. Plus they are a great band. I was so lucky to see them with the line up of Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie. And i will always cherish that memory. Tbh i wouldnt be as excited to see them now since they sacked Lindsey as i absolutely love his guitar skills and the chemistry between him and Stevie.

Paul Simon in Hyde Park was another amazing day. Graceland is one of my all time favourite albums, so to see him perform songs from it live was another dream come true.

Bob Dylan- well what can i say about my idol other than its fucking Bob Dylan! I am totally biased because he is my absolute favourite, my son is called Dylan after Bob Dylan, to me he is the greatest songwriter of all time blah blah blah. But his voice has gone now, but still, i am able to say i have seen Bob Dylan.

Bruce Springsteen- he knows how to put on a show. My friend, her mum and I went to see him a few years ago. My friend and I were absolutely drooling over him ( even though we were probably some of the youngest people at the concert).

The Waterboys were good fun, they didnt sing Bang on the ear though! So i left a bit disappointed tbh.

I have been to Glastonbury quite a few times so ive seen loads of people. But the most memorable for me was defo the Rolling Stones in 2013, Arctic Monkeys in 2007, and surprisingly the Streets in 2019! Also Neil Diamond in 2008. Oh my god, he was amazing and that was another thing ticked off my bucket list.

I dont really have a least favourite tbh, i was bored watching Christy Moore so its probably that one.

PollyPerks

Just booked to see Blur at Wembley Stadium next year, beyond excited! I saw them three times in the late 90s/early 2000s and they were always amazing 😍

• Wow

strawb

VIP Member
The Cure just announced a European tour 😭 has anyone been to a gig by themselves? I’m tempted to go but haven’t ever been to a gig without friends and I’m not sure how enjoyable it would be alone.
i got tickets to see them in october! 🖤

i've been to a gig on my own before and had a great time! i had three tequila shots & two vodka red bulls as soon as i arrived and by the end of the night i made some great friends 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2

iLoveMeSomeCanoles

Chatty Member
Best - Pearl Jam, Pixies and Tool
Glad to see Tool were one of your best gigs - I just booked a ticket to see them at the O2 in May 2022!!!

The best gigs I've been to were A Perfect Circle (2004), Queens of the Stone Age (2002) Garbage (2002) and - don't laugh - the first time I saw Status Quo (2004) 😂😂 Seriously, I bought tickets for my Dad for a birthday or Christmas as he was a long-time fan and was pleasantly surprised!

Also must mention the first festival I went to which was V2001 (Staffordshire). Saw RHCP, Foo Fighters and Placebo! (That I can remember anyway 😂😂)

Last edited:
  • Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Seeing Noel Gallagher on Saturday... looking forward to it as I could hear his Heaton Park gig in 2019 from my house and it sounded incredible

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
A gig I went to that really surprised me was Bruno Mars.
A friend was going and had an extra ticket so I tagged along, and honestly he was INCREDIBLE.
His voice, energy, stage presence, choreography etc was amazing.

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
oh that’s a shame! I saw panic live in Florida a few years ago, I thought they were amazing but I’m from the UK so it might have been the excitement of seeing a gig in a different country that made me love it. I also saw blink 182 in Florida in 2017 and I thought they were amazing but my childhood crush tom delonge had left the band at that point so wasn’t the same without him lol.
TBF I think if it had been the other way round I'd have really enjoyed the Panic gig, it was just the TOP go so OTT with everything (staging, effects etc.) that someone just standing and singing was a bit dull! Plus we had seats kinda to the very side of the stage, so we didn't get a great view.