Gifted items...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had enough of seeing so many instagrammers being #gifted items from big companies. These people are usually wealthy enough to buy said items themselves with the money they've acquired through their social media accounts.
I've begun to boycott every company who I have seen gift items to instagrammers, so this is saving me money (literally have no where to shop anymore!) and will hopefully send a message to these companies that we shouldn't have to pay over inflated prices to make up for the freebies they constantly give away.

Is anyone else like me, or do you all have more interesting lives and don't care?!! 😂

Reactions: 8
I've had enough of seeing so many instagrammers being #gifted items from big companies. These people are usually wealthy enough to buy said items themselves with the money they've acquired through their social media accounts.
I've begun to boycott every company who I have seen gift items to instagrammers, so this is saving me money (literally have no where to shop anymore!) and will hopefully send a message to these companies that we shouldn't have to pay over inflated prices to make up for the freebies they constantly give away.

Is anyone else like me, or do you all have more interesting lives and don't care?!! 😂
So with social media now it’s cheaper for companies to gift instagrammers items than pay for them be in a magazine and there actually getting more exposure through the instagrammers it’s annoying but I get it

Reactions: 4
I know that.
It's just sad when there are families that cannot feed their children or purchase milk, but companies choose to gift food or daily milk to instagrammers who can afford it.

Reactions: 5
I know that.
It's just sad when there are families that cannot feed their children or purchase milk, but companies choose to gift food or daily milk to instagrammers who can afford it.
Yes I always though that about when Kim kardashian is paid 1M to advertise a product
Almostmrsgray used to still does not sure give away her baby items once she has used them

Yess . I follow someone who seems to be gifted Lol surprise dolls once a week . And her kid if she has a bad day in school then gets to go to Smyth's for a ( you guessed it ) lol surprise. Parents using their kids for " gifts and advertising" makes me nervous, like it's not teaching good values . Do it for yourself keep your kid out of it .

Reactions: 3
Gifted items only infuriate me when I see them sending to an account who is not worthy (in my eyes) as I then question who is running the PR for big brands and why they've not invested time really researching who they are sending items to. It makes me mistrust the brand, other than that, Im fine with people getting gifted items, especially the smaller accounts and by that I mean those with 20k and not millions as the majority of those sized accounts are honest. I find the ones with less will take anything and say everything is good and the ones with more are obliged to say its great as they're usually in paid partnership with the brand so the micro influencers I find are more genuine as they owe nothing to nobody.

Its when celebs get gifted trips to disney that they could easily afford themselves is what annoys me.

Reactions: 4
Its when celebs get gifted trips to disney that they could easily afford themselves is what annoys me.
Yup this * gifted stuff just needs to be a straight up #ad . They are getting something for free for advertising purposes. This gift ho-ha is just a cheeky way for them to get away with it .

It's the fact they get this as a payment, but yet it's tax free. They need to crack down on this

Reactions: 7
I can’t believe the lavish trip to Tokyo Sophdoesnails got just for the launch of a damn eyebrow product with Benefit. They flew her and her boyfriend there business class as well as some other influencers and their plus ones, it’s all ridiculous now what they’re gifted.

• Wow
It's the fact they get this as a payment, but yet it's tax free. They need to crack down on this

It’s not legitimately tax free though.
They should be declaring each and every. Gifted item/experience/holiday to HMRC

Those who aren’t may find themselves in hot water, should they ever be investigated by the tax man......

Reactions: 2
It’s not legitimately tax free though.
They should be declaring each and every. Gifted item/experience/holiday to HMRC

Those who aren’t may find themselves in hot water, should they ever be investigated by the tax man......
Do we think the tax mans onto this?
A lot appears on stories not the grid
Its hard with some of them keep track how many gifted they accepted each month.
Maybe inland revenue need a new guide for influencers

Reactions: 1