George Michael

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After all the Yog adoration in the Secret Celeb Gossip threads, I think it’s time the man, the legend, got his own thread (let’s face it, he’s more than worthy of one!)

I’ve been a fan of his since the early 90’s as I grew up listening to both him and Wham! My favourite solo album of his was Listen Without Prejudice.

He was a fantastic artist, an incredible human being, and was the first to have a laugh at himself. One of my favourite videos of him is where he’s refused entry into his own concert 😂😂😂 I can’t think of an artist since who can take the piss out of himself and kept it real as well as George did.

He is so, so missed 💔

 
  • Heart
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
What a great man, who seemed to have a warm, kind, caring heart. An incredible talent, terribly missed.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
A man who gave many a closeted burly truck driver a good time on Hampstead Heath.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Loved the Wham documentary on Netflix and what a change to watch something so life affirming. He seemed to be such a great friend and really relatable in so many ways.
I also loved George at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, he had an amazing voice too. Seeing him gain more and more confidence was brilliant and the video for Outside after his arrest was just a genius. The first time I saw it I remember laughing with genuine delight at the massive duck you to those that would shame him.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Another long time fan here. I have mentioned this previously on another thread but here goes. An old school friend of mine used to work on the security queues at Heathrow. She worked on the VIP area , the rule was to never ask anyone for autographs. This was long before the selfie was a thing. We had a discussion that if George ever came through she would chance her luck and ask. One morning he came through, she said he was charming. She asked him for an autograph for me, he wrote my name and then love George Michael. She thanked him and as he went he said don’t get told off ! This must have been 25 years ago, I still have it in a frame ❤
I saw him at Earls Court, Wembley, The Royal Albert Hall and my fave was when he played at the Royal Opera House for an AIDS benefit for Elton Johns charity. I think we all knew he was amazing but the hole he left when he passed away is immeasurable. His music is timeless and his talent rare. RIP wonderful George ❤
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 43
Loved the Wham documentary on Netflix and what a change to watch something so life affirming. He seemed to be such a great friend and really relatable in so many ways.
I also loved George at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, he had an amazing voice too. Seeing him gain more and more confidence was brilliant and the video for Outside after his arrest was just a genius. The first time I saw it I remember laughing with genuine delight at the massive duck you to those that would shame him.
I suppose I didn’t realise how good pals they were before I watched the documentary. Andrew encouraging him to spread his wings as Wham! would never be enough for him. Didn’t George make sure that Andrew was credited somewhere on a song he didn’t write so he still gets royalties? I think maybe have been something like Last Xmas or Careless Whisper.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've got to bed myself in here, scooch up. George Michael is such a key part of my life. From "Last Christmas" being there since I was in nappies, to "Freedom" with the pinnacle of 90s supermodels in the video, to the way he lived life on his own terms, especially after the bull sting operation in LA.

Such a good heart and the irony of how he went isn't lost on me any more than dying on Christmas day was. The fact we're still talking about him and learning new ways in which he helped people without alerting everyone tells its own story.

 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 26
A man who gave many a closeted burly truck driver a good time on Hampstead Heath.
I believe there was a part of Extras where Ricky Gervais was talking to him on Hampstead Heath 😂😂 He could take the mick out of himself like nobodies business
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I have mentioned this on here before but I heard in February 2016 from a journalist friend that George wouldn't be around much longer, such was the condition of his health. Seems like the media were actually being respectful for once and chose not to go public with this. Still horrible to hear of him passing when he did but consequently it didn't come as a shock.
 
  • Sad
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Such a lovely kind person. Was lucky enough to meet him a few times, he was just lovely and very very funny. He was very down to earth and so very generous.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Love love love the man. From his talent, generosity, respect of other artists and his ability to laugh at himself, he had his flaws of course, don't we all, but he was one of the greatest singer/songwriters we will ever know.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 16
I adored him as a musician and performer but especially as a gorgeous human being who was 'genuine', in his kindness and living his life the way he wanted.♥

His philanthropy was all the more beautiful because he kept it quiet. I could go on and on but on a lighter note I loved the way he could send himself up. The skit with Smithy , just brilliant &with Ricky G, sheer p&ss take of himself at it's finest. 😂
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I saw him at Earls Court, Wembley, The Royal Albert Hall and my fave was when he played at the Royal Opera House for an AIDS benefit for Elton Johns charity. I think we all knew he was amazing but the hole he left when he passed away is immeasurable. His music is timeless and his talent rare. RIP wonderful George ❤
I also attended these shows so we would have crossed paths for sure! Loved when he opened the new Wembley - we had great seats in the lower tier and for the 2nd night up in the nosebleeders but it was so worth it!

I was a huge Wham! fan and my gay uncle told me at the time of their split that it was due to George being gay so I've always known he was - it was not a shock when he was finally outed! My mum denied me from seeing Wham! when they came to Bournemouth as she was absolutely disgusted with George shoving shuttlecocks down his shorts and not something a young teenager should be seeing! Cut to George releasing A Different Corner and suddenly my mum is his biggest fan - she got to be front row for the first night of Live 25 at Earls Court. I kept reminding her of what she said but she claimed not to remember!

We were away for Christmas and I was woken in the early hours by my phone pinging continuously. Friends knew how much I adored George and I cried myself back to sleep that night.

Kissing A Fool is my all time fav George and was lucky enough to see him perform it a few times.

I'll always remember the Royal Opera House gig and passing Marcus Wareing (chef) on the escalator - wow his piercing blue eyes you could dive into!
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 16
George was just a wonderful person. I'm not surprised there are so many lovely stories about him.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 13
I attended his Concert in Stuttgart and Dublin and both were the best I have ever been to. He was sublime. ♥

@VicksterIcon I was the same the day he died, all my friends and family were calling, they knew I loved him. I cried my eyes out for the day.
 
Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 11