Gender Discussion 112

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you JK for the quote Gloria Steinem said: ‘“Feminism has never been about getting a job for one woman. It's about making life more fair for women everywhere.’
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
There’s so much pushback on women’s rights now with falling birth rates used as a big excuse that I sometimes worry what state the world will be in for us then I remember that AI will finish us all off soon enough anyway.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
It's going off on the Celeb thread again, surrogacy this time. I never thought too much about it until looking further into what it does to a baby and the mostly male-run evil behind it.

Drew Augustine's third novel addresses surrogacy in Eastern Europe and it's quite a harrowing read but very good.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Started my new job last week. Not sure if people remember but I was concerned I'd be forced to do pronouns in emails and wear rainbow lanyards. Thankfully it seems the pronouns are optional and my manager doesn't have them in her signature and the lanyards are either occupational or union.

I did overhear a discussion about JKR and had to bite my tongue for now because a colleague said she wouldn't watch the new show as any money made by her is being given to anti trans organisations. Give me a while longer before I raise my head to ask more, it wasn't a work discussion and it wasn't including me.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
It's going off on the Celeb thread again, surrogacy this time. I never thought too much about it until looking further into what it does to a baby and the mostly male-run evil behind it.

Drew Augustine's third novel addresses surrogacy in Eastern Europe and it's quite a harrowing read but very good.
Julie Bindel talked about surrogacy at the recent women's rights network conference. She said she was in Cambodia (I think it was there) and she was shown a breast milk factory. Two rich white men from America had set it up to make money from selling breast milk from nursing mothers to surrogate parents in America. She said the women were lined up pumping their breast milk, it is then frozen and shipped to America and the women themselves had obviously not long given birth to be able to still produce the milk.
 
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Julie Bindel talked about surrogacy at the recent women's rights network conference. She said she was in Cambodia (I think it was there) and she was shown a breast milk factory. Two rich white men from America had set it up to make money from selling breast milk from nursing mothers to surrogate parents in America. She said the women were lined up pumping their breast milk, it is then frozen and shipped to America and the women themselves had obviously not long given birth to be able to still produce the milk.
Women are just a commodity for men in one way or another not all. II have liked and loved a few comments on the celebrity thread but after the telling off I thought I had better behave 😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Julie Bindel talked about surrogacy at the recent women's rights network conference. She said she was in Cambodia (I think it was there) and she was shown a breast milk factory. Two rich white men from America had set it up to make money from selling breast milk from nursing mothers to surrogate parents in America. She said the women were lined up pumping their breast milk, it is then frozen and shipped to America and the women themselves had obviously not long given birth to be able to still produce the milk.
It's like that scene from Mad Max, women hooked up to breast pumps so men can benefit financially. It's always men profiting from the suffering of women and girls.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
It's going off on the Celeb thread again, surrogacy this time. I never thought too much about it until looking further into what it does to a baby and the mostly male-run evil behind it.

Drew Augustine's third novel addresses surrogacy in Eastern Europe and it's quite a harrowing read but very good.
I dont like to discuss other threads, but for a celeb goss thread that can discuss everything random things from marmalade to frozen poo, as soon as women's rights come up eg trans, drag, surrogacy - some become genteel and terrified of chat and it's back to this is cEleB g0sSIp hun.
Aside from that, it's a great thread.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It's going off on the Celeb thread again, surrogacy this time. I never thought too much about it until looking further into what it does to a baby and the mostly male-run evil behind it.

Drew Augustine's third novel addresses surrogacy in Eastern Europe and it's quite a harrowing read but very good.
Soz, that was partially me, but I bleeping hate it when people equate adoption and surrogacy, they are not the same.
I was adopted in 1977, I'll never know the truth about the circumstances, but I do know I wasn't created for that.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 37
I was at Pink Ladies in Glasgow too ffs, obviously multi tasking because I'm a tina owner.
Great event btw, no nazis, lots of cute dogs.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Drew Augustine's third novel addresses surrogacy in Eastern Europe and it's quite a harrowing read but very good.
I thought it was the second one (first TERFS, second surrogacy, third grooming gangs?) So does that mean I've missed one?
Must have been you that recommended them on here. I just finished reading the grooming gangs one, by duck that was not an easy read (especially coming straight off the back of the surrogacy one)
I'm reading something a bit lighter this time
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought it was the second one (first TERFS, second surrogacy, third grooming gangs?) So does that mean I've missed one?
Must have been you that recommended them on here. I just finished reading the grooming gangs one, by duck that was not an easy read (especially coming straight off the back of the surrogacy one)
I'm reading something a bit lighter this time
What thread is the grooming gang one?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I thought it was the second one (first TERFS, second surrogacy, third grooming gangs?) So does that mean I've missed one?
Must have been you that recommended them on here. I just finished reading the grooming gangs one, by duck that was not an easy read (especially coming straight off the back of the surrogacy one)
I'm reading something a bit lighter this time
Yes, you're right Pegster. I got mixed up. You haven't missed one. The grooming one was definitely the hardest out I couldn't put it down, thinking and reading about those poor girls is nothing compared to what they went and are going through.

I went lighter too, a JD Kirk novella then a Freida McFadden thriller that had me rolling my eyes but it was only $1.49 on Amazon Kindle.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Julie Bindel talked about surrogacy at the recent women's rights network conference. She said she was in Cambodia (I think it was there) and she was shown a breast milk factory. Two rich white men from America had set it up to make money from selling breast milk from nursing mothers to surrogate parents in America. She said the women were lined up pumping their breast milk, it is then frozen and shipped to America and the women themselves had obviously not long given birth to be able to still produce the milk.
Oh Jeez, I shouldn't be shocked, but I am, it's almost milking women.
The transwomen are having a good go at it, and not succeeding, and no one is picking it up as paedophilia.
It's all so horrible 😫
 
  • Like
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Julie Bindel talked about surrogacy at the recent women's rights network conference. She said she was in Cambodia (I think it was there) and she was shown a breast milk factory. Two rich white men from America had set it up to make money from selling breast milk from nursing mothers to surrogate parents in America. She said the women were lined up pumping their breast milk, it is then frozen and shipped to America and the women themselves had obviously not long given birth to be able to still produce the milk.
I saw that film - Max Max Fury Road - a post apocalyptic dystopia

Stop the bleeping world

@MaineCoonMama saw it too obvs
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It's called the Forth View Murder, it's really good apart from making you infuriated and sad for the girls.
I don't know if you know this Mama, being overseas, but a lot the quotes at the beginning of each chapter came from the Casey report into the gangs.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I don't know if you know this Mama, being overseas, but a lot the quotes at the beginning of each chapter came from the Casey report into the gangs.
I googled Baroness Casey as I had a feeling they were real life quotes. Before search engines I'd read with a dictionary on my lap, if I come across something I don't know I need to know it.

I was one off the "But why?" kids.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 10