Friends and family don’t support your business

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for your responses. I never pressure anyone or bug anyone to like or share my stuff. Ive also never sent out requests to follow me etc. I did explain a while ago to people close to me how the algorithm works and they know all about the things I do. The responses here have kind of given me an insight into what my friends must be thinking about simply not wanting to like or share my posts and fair enough. It still hurts when I see them regularly interact with and share another relatives posts and not mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Are you sure they are seeing your posts? My work isn’t online but my parents have no idea what I do because they don’t give a tit & never ask… I'm
40! Is it worth this energy getting so negative about it & taking time to post about when you could direct that into your business instead! 🧘‍♀️

Are you sure they are seeing your posts? My work isn’t online but my parents have no idea what I do because they don’t give a tit & never ask… I'm
40! Is it worth this energy getting so negative about it & taking time to post about when you could direct that into your business instead! 🧘‍♀️
I wouldn’t say a few posts about it on here is being so negative. Its not like I spend every waking minute dwelling over it. I don’t have time for that. I direct a lot of my time and energy into my business. I really had no idea that supporting a friend or relative was such a big ask for some people tbh!

Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t say a few posts about it on here is being so negative. Its not like I spend every waking minute dwelling over it. I don’t have time for that. I direct a lot of my time and energy into my business. I really had no idea that supporting a friend or relative was such a big ask for some people tbh!
Can I ask what your business is? I can see a few people have asked but I can’t see an answer? I would generally give my friends posts a like/ share to support them, if I liked the product then even more so but if their business is something I don’t agree with, such as an MLM, then I wouldn’t like or share it as I don’t believe in the concept. The other thing for me is like mentioned above, if someone is constantly asking you to like/ share it does get annoying.

I have my own business (I’m a baker) and I have some friends who religiously post/ like/ share, tag my stuff and some who don’t tend to, it doesn’t really bother me, I think it’s just life 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Can I ask what your business is? I can see a few people have asked but I can’t see an answer? I would generally give my friends posts a like/ share to support them, if I liked the product then even more so but if their business is something I don’t agree with, such as an MLM, then I wouldn’t like or share it as I don’t believe in the concept. The other thing for me is like mentioned above, if someone is constantly asking you to like/ share it does get annoying.

I have my own business (I’m a baker) and I have some friends who religiously post/ like/ share, tag my stuff and some who don’t tend to, it doesn’t really bother me, I think it’s just life 🤷‍♀️
The type of business it is is not really relevant but it’s definitely not an MLM or anything like that. It’s just little old me on my own with my own ideas. As I’ve said already I don’t constantly ask people to like or share but them doing it anyway to show support would be nice because it would be a sign of support and belief in me.

The type of business it is is not really relevant but it’s definitely not an MLM or anything like that. It’s just little old me on my own with my own ideas. As I’ve said already I don’t constantly ask people to like or share but them doing it anyway to show support would be nice because it would be a sign of support and belief in me.
I get that you don't think it's relevant but a few of us here are telling you that we think it is, so that's possibly where your friends/family are coming from. I mean someone in my family has a business that focuses on a big film franchise that I've never seen and have no interest in, me not liking his posts etc about it isn't that I don't support his business or don't believe in him, I just don't want a certain film stuff plastered all over my social media platforms. Also, bear in mind whether it would even really be that helpful for people who aren't interested in your stuff to be engaging with it and the audience it would reach - I don't know a single person who is so into this film franchise that they'd want to buy my relative's stuff, so would it be helping him for me to boost his content to more people who almost certainly won't be interested? I understand this might all feel upsetting to you but I do think someone else was right when they said to focus your energy on boosting your content to the right audience, not just any old person who knows you but personally isn't interested in your content. I'm sure your friends and family want you and your business to succeed even if they don't want to fill their social pages with similar things.

Reactions: 3
Well they’re interested enough when they want something from the business. It’s fine. I get it. I had an off day when I posted this after seeing lots of interaction of a relatives post from people I know who also like my page and what I have to offer, but nothing off them for my posts so I wanted to let off steam. Tbh it’s not even the sharing so it’s “plastered” all over their socials that bothers me but as I’ve already said I didn’t think a quick like was much of an ask. Not saying anymore on this subject now.