Friend constantly asks me for advice, listens but never takes my advice or suggestions its constant, everyday she asks something new

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The emotional vampire sums my friend up! Since posting on here I've made a conscious effort not to get emotionally involved. When's shes called or texted I've said I dont know what do you think, stayed neutral and I feel much better. Interestingly the friend has started saying can you call me I need to tell you something, but when I called her it was trivial. I will continue to keep an emotional distance, I feel so much better for it, so thank you all for your help. 😍
Yep, my emotional vampire did this too. Starting text and IM conversations with just ‘OMG’ to reel me in. If like me you reply to messages quickly, this is one person who can be left hanging for a little while so they get used to not getting an immediate response and realising you won’t drop everything straight away just for them. And if it’s really that important what is stopping her from calling you?!

Reactions: 1