Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Nut Free

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vegan

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have coeliac disease, so I’m gluten free because I have to be, it definitely isn’t a choice for me.

Becky excell’s books have been really helpful for me for cooking my own gluten free food and doing my own gluten free baking.

I’m pretty lucky to have a gluten free Chinese near me and the burger chain “Honest Burger” are incredible.

I can’t stand any of the “Genius” range, but I love the Warburton’s stuff.

I think the hardest thing for me is not being able to eat whatever I fancy. I’m sick of watching people eating donuts and kfc while I go hungry 😢.

Reactions: 2
@Rippedjeanmaybe
Yes I can relate so much! I have a condition called eosinophilic esophagitis and can’t have gluten or dairy. Making dinners is fine usually it’s like you say, when I’m out and about and everyone else can just grab anything and I have to either find somewhere that does free from or just go hungry! Leon do great gluten free chicken and chips which is great. And yes Honest burgers are great!

I really like the Warburtons stuff and today discovered the tiger cob in Waitrose which is the best bread I’ve found so far (but it does cost 3!)

I've given up milk and can't have cheese made with cow's milk. Cheese flavoured things are fine though.

I am sugar and grain-free. I have to keep in ketosis for my mental health it also helps my joints.

I was vegetarian for years, over time I found myself instinctively gearing towards more vegan products. It's been a natural progression. I wouldn't say I'm vegan as I am not completely strict on some things, but hopefully in the next year I'd have made the change completely.

Also I don't have coeliac disease but I do have an intolerance to gluten.

I’ve been DF and part GL for over 10 years and I hate any ‘free from’ ranges. It’s overpriced, tasteless and crap. I manage by eating fresh and looking for things that are dairy free without being specifically aimed at those groups.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been DF and part GL for over 10 years and I hate any ‘free from’ ranges. It’s overpriced, tasteless and crap. I manage by eating fresh and looking for things that are dairy free without being specifically aimed at those groups.
Agreed. I don't think I ever found a decent cows milk cheese. I end up buying sheep or goats cheese.

I’ve never found a dairy free cheese that doesn’t taste bad 😒 I just eat goats cheese now

Reactions: 2
Little one has to go on dairy free elimination diet. Would like to have alternatives in the house just to try to see if it makes it any easier for us, as we will all be doing it with him to try to make it to a bit smoother!
can Anyone recommend which grocery shopdoes the best dairy free range please? I have a Lidl, tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, and m&s within my area!
thank you!

• Heart
Little one has to go on dairy free elimination diet. Would like to have alternatives in the house just to try to see if it makes it any easier for us, as we will all be doing it with him to try to make it to a bit smoother!
can Anyone recommend which grocery shopdoes the best dairy free range please? I have a Lidl, tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, and m&s within my area!
thank you!
I wouldn't say 1 is better than than the other as they all sell mostly the same products but they have individual products that are better than others.
Tesco do soya milk for 55p which had added vitamins and minerals (including b12 and iodine) whereas asda 55p soya milk is just soya milk. Does that make sense?

I wouldn't say 1 is better than than the other as they all sell mostly the same products but they have individual products that are better than others.
Tesco do soya milk for 55p which had added vitamins and minerals (including b12 and iodine) whereas asda 55p soya milk is just soya milk. Does that make sense?
Yes thank you for answering!
I think it might just take a little shopping around maybe to get substitutes for what we would usually have. I read above and a lot of adults say they just cut it out but because little one is only 3, I want to make it as easy as possible, and kind of fool them into thinking they aren’t missing out onanything 🙈😂

I think it might just take a little shopping around maybe to get substitutes for what we would usually have. I read above and a lot of adults say they just cut it out but because little one is only 3, I want to make it as easy as possible, and kind of fool them into thinking they aren’t missing out onanything 🙈😂
i think you’re doing the right thing! If it helps when I went vegan I just bought substitutes for what I already had. Takes awhile to get used to but you adjust eventually.

if there is anything specific that you want to know where is best to get it let me know as I’ve tried and tested a fair amount lol. Also if you haven’t already have a look at the vegan and veggie recommendations thread.

thank you!
I find tesco good , their vegan range has loads of choice

I’ve been dairy free for 10 years. I don’t buy free from versions and just find foods that don’t contain milk.

Seems I already commented on this thread last year.

I have/had three vegan grandchildren their fav milks fro drinking and cereals are coconut and hazelnut. two are no longer vegan ( one is pescatarian the other veggie) but still prefer those milks over cows.