France cracks down on influencers - no promoting surgery and declare filters else up to six months in prison and a fine of €300,000

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Promoting plastic surgery in foreign countries, pills, miracle teas etc seems to be huge in France compared to other European countries (mainly driven by reality stars).

Well done on France for implementating this but this is just going to cause these influencers to emigrate to other countries such as UAE etc. (which is already the case for a big number of them).

Reactions: 3
6 months in prison is bonkers. Prison should be for violent crimes
I disagree. It’s a form of fraud, so a few months in prison (let’s face it, they won’t serve the full six months) seems okay to me.

Reactions: 3
I disagree. It’s a form of fraud, so a few months in prison (let’s face it, they won’t serve the full six months) seems okay to me.
Agreed, if one of them spends a few days inside it will very quickly persuade others to follow the law. Prison is for people who break the law.

Reactions: 2
I think this is needed because currently influencers have massive reach, impressionalble audiences, and are not regulated in the same way as legitimate businesses have to be - why should influencers get away with undeclared ads and pushing risky surgery?

Reactions: 1