Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

flinzs

yeah it just came back on. some kind of glitch probably. Hope it won’t happen again 😅
On the McLaren app they say that it was the only window to restart as more (and heavier) rain is announced later.

I hate seing that little « NOR » at the end of the list 🥺

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2

Smile24x7

Its a bit bizarre to me how Lando is not so shy anymore... he probably has matured a lot or got himself a gf..?

I personally don’t think they’re together but a lot of fan pages follow her
Ohh this is the girl Pierre's been dating. She was linked to both of them back in Jan and people joke that is why Lando and Pierre got covid at the same time. But definitely with Pierre now

Me_over_here

The penalty system is an absolute joke in this sport. Hamilton takes out his main championship rival, wins, claws back the majority of the points deficit in both championships and all the punishment falls onto the victim.

It will further impact Max in the next race too, because ain't no way any of that Honda PU is getting reused after that 51g impact, so he'll need to take grid penalty incurring replacement parts or risk a dnf by using old worn out parts from the first PU. Piss off 😡
I'm inclined to agree. I'm not suggesting for a moment Hamilton did or ever would crash into Verstappen on purpose, but having no real consequences does leave open the possibility of a Prost/Senna or Jerez 97 scenario (although that didn't really work out as Schumacher wanted), further compounded by the parts issue and no one wants to see championships won and lost that way. I'd like to think none of them would be stupid enough to do that, but then I thought no team would be stupid enough to tell one driver to crash to benefit another 🙄

I watched a recording (and wasn't entirely sober ☺) so I fast forwarded the red flag period. I don't therefore know if Hamilton had any damage he was able to repair during the stoppage but if he did, that also seems unfair. He made a mistake earlier in the season too, which he was able to rectify because of a red flag (albeit not one he caused), that could have a massive effect on the championship.

Lola123

VIP Member
Its a bit bizarre to me how Lando is not so shy anymore... he probably has matured a lot or got himself a gf..?
He has a girlfriend, personally I think he’s no longer worried about getting an F1 seat if mclaren dropped him. I also think he’s just matured and realised people will like him if he’s himself

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I was actually thinking about this at the weekend because they showed all the Quadrant flags in the crowd and I wondered whether McLaren would be a bit annoyed as these would probably have been McLaren flags pre-Quadrant. Zac being behind it makes sense!
We've got to remember Zak is a marketing man. That was one of the key attractions of McLaren hiring him - for him getting the sponsorship deals done. So Quadrant is just a really good way for him to get brand engagement from that younger audience. They go through Quadrant > Lando > McLaren. It all filters through to be good for McLaren.