Female solo UK hikes!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys!
I want to start hiking/going for long walks especially if this beautiful weather continue over the Easter Weekend!
Except I’ve got massive anxiety doing it alone but has anyone got any suggestions where I can go do it to ease myself into it.

I’m midlands so I can travel to the Yorkshire dales or Peak District the best!

and i thought we can use this group to discuss hikes/walks too! 😊

I am also a solo female hiker living in the West Yorkshire area, can’t recommend the app All Trails enough - it’s £30 a year subscription and worth every penny. Shows you loads of amazing hikes as well as pictures and reviews. I have never felt unsafe hiking by myself but I do always have my dog with me, I always tell someone where I’m going too. Also don’t worry about being on your own, literally nobody cares, and so many other people are on their own too!

Reactions: 2
I do a lot of coast path walking and trail running (or pottering, I'm not a very good runner). I never felt anxious about it until Nicola Bulley's sad disappearance when she was walking her dog. I have my location shared with my husband on Google maps now. I saw a lone female runner carrying one of those deterrent sprays when I was out walking my dog today, that made me feel pretty sad, but my worry is more if something happened if I fell off a cliff etc.

Have you considered joining a walking group until you have done a few hikes and have found your feet? Alternatively, find a purpose, if I'm travelling alone I always have my camera with me and I think mentally it makes me feel less alone.

Reactions: 1