Favourite perfumes #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New smells at M & S
Discover sunrise - Bergamot, Sandalwood and Jasmine
Discover Sunset - Pistachio, Tonka & Tuberose

both smelled nice - the discover sunset reminds me of Kayali ( the pistachio gelato one)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I got tons of initio samples this week and a couple other ones. Got a free eccentric molecules iris one with my order which is nice

So far I've tried:

Initio Paragon- I liked it at first but then it just ended up smelling to me as old style mens cologne, like something my uncles would wear lol don't know why

Xerjoff Alexandria II- smells weird at first then I just get whiffs of men's Armani code which I like but might as well get that since it's so much cheaper

Typical for me though to get into heavy fragrances when summer is coming and into fresh ones for winter 🤣

Reactions: 1
New smells at M & S
Discover sunrise - white floral, Tonka and Jasmine
Discover Sunset - Pistachio, Tonka & Tuberose

both smelled nice - the discover sunset reminds me of Kayali ( the pistachio gelato one)
Quite fancy trying both of these , I think they are £12 each, I think they would be good to take on hols, I don't like taking my expensive stuff with me as I once left a nice bottle of perfume (unopened) in a room in Kuala Lumpur

Quite fancy trying both of these , I think they are £12 each, I think they would be good to take on hols, I don't like taking my expensive stuff with me as I once left a nice bottle of perfume (unopened) in a room in Kuala Lumpur
I just amended the notes for the sunrise frag - it’s Bergamot, Sandlewood & Jasmine 🤦🏻‍♀️

they do a small 30ml version for £6.

I also spotted that m & s have two other perfumes I liked one called oud rose and another called Velvet amber. Both have an autumn/ winter feel to them though 🙂
---
I got tons of initio samples this week and a couple other ones. Got a free eccentric molecules iris one with my order which is nice

So far I've tried:

Initio Paragon- I liked it at first but then it just ended up smelling to me as old style mens cologne, like something my uncles would wear lol don't know why

Xerjoff Alexandria II- smells weird at first then I just get whiffs of men's Armani code which I like but might as well get that since it's so much cheaper

Typical for me though to get into heavy fragrances when summer is coming and into fresh ones for winter 🤣
I have noticed I seem to lean towards preferring autumn and winter perfume.

I really want to try Initio - Narcotic Delight.

I just amended the notes for the sunrise frag - it’s Bergamot, Sandlewood & Jasmine 🤦🏻‍♀️

they do a small 30ml version for £6.

I also spotted that m & s have two other perfumes I liked one called oud rose and another called Velvet amber. Both have an autumn/ winter feel to them though 🙂
---

I have noticed I seem to lean towards preferring autumn and winter perfume.

I really want to try Initio - Narcotic Delight.
I'm actually the opposite, prefer fresh and summery ones but sometimes just need something different.

Haven't heard of that one! Other samples I got are side effect, oud for greatness, and absolute aphrodisiac

I tried a few I was really looking forward to and was mostly disappointed.

Kayali - Yum Pistachio Gelato: on paper this should be THE perfect perfume for me. It was so bad I had to wash my wrist after trying it on.
Kayali - Vanilla: Love vanilla so should also love this one - it smelled cheap and I didn't like it at all.
TF Vanilla Sex - after I sprayed it it was the most horrible perfume I've ever tried. Smelled so bad! But after it dried down it was actually so so nice. I have no idea how it can go from something so bad to something actually pleasant. Would never buy it because I would be dying for the first hour tho 😂
Lattafa Khamrah: Blind buy but it actually smells like apple cinnamon pie, I like it. Will be better for winter I think and also everyone says it gets better after a while so I'm happy with it.
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia: Love it. Very summery to me and what I imagined Kayali Yum would be. Will probably purchase next summer.
TF - Soleil Blanc: I finally caved in and bought it. Really really pleased with it, summer in a bottle. Probably the only thing I'll be wearing from now till september. :D

Reactions: 2
I tried a few I was really looking forward to and was mostly disappointed.

Kayali - Yum Pistachio Gelato: on paper this should be THE perfect perfume for me. It was so bad I had to wash my wrist after trying it on.
Kayali - Vanilla: Love vanilla so should also love this one - it smelled cheap and I didn't like it at all.
TF Vanilla Sex - after I sprayed it it was the most horrible perfume I've ever tried. Smelled so bad! But after it dried down it was actually so so nice. I have no idea how it can go from something so bad to something actually pleasant. Would never buy it because I would be dying for the first hour tho 😂
Lattafa Khamrah: Blind buy but it actually smells like apple cinnamon pie, I like it. Will be better for winter I think and also everyone says it gets better after a while so I'm happy with it.
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia: Love it. Very summery to me and what I imagined Kayali Yum would be. Will probably purchase next summer.
TF - Soleil Blanc: I finally caved in and bought it. Really really pleased with it, summer in a bottle. Probably the only thing I'll be wearing from now till september. :D
I really like soleil blanc but longevity on me was rubbish at that price. I actually find Paco Rabanne olympea reminds me of it quite a lot and Is much cheaper so I will probably get that for the summer

I'm actually the opposite, prefer fresh and summery ones but sometimes just need something different.

Haven't heard of that one! Other samples I got are side effect, oud for greatness, and absolute aphrodisiac
Oud for Greatness is lovely. More suited to men though I think. The other two sound lovely as well. You will have to let us know your thoughts if you try them out.

I really like soleil blanc but longevity on me was rubbish at that price. I actually find Paco Rabanne olympea reminds me of it quite a lot and Is much cheaper so I will probably get that for the summer
I loveeee Olympea, my mum gifted it to me when it came out and it was the only perfume I wore for 5 years. :D Now I'm trying to change it and find something else I would love as much but it's really hard haha. And it lasts such a long time, you can't go wrong!

Reactions: 3
Oud for Greatness is lovely. More suited to men though I think. The other two sound lovely as well. You will have to let us know your thoughts if you try them out.
Will do, actually a lot of samples I got recently are unisex but leaning towards more masculine. Planning to give the samples to my husband after I try them out but it won't be appreciated since he doesn't care about nice fragrances 🤣

I loveeee Olympea, my mum gifted it to me when it came out and it was the only perfume I wore for 5 years. :D Now I'm trying to change it and find something else I would love as much but it's really hard haha. And it lasts such a long time, you can't go wrong!
Totally, it's great and decent price too!

I'm wearing the Penhaligons Solaris today, I got it last year and I forgot how much I love it, always get compliments on it but it's so pricey!
Hopefully this year I'll find a dupe haha!