Family healthy eating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone help with family recipes or links to recipes that a fairly fussy 5 year old would eat? I find his behaviour and mood changes when we are going through a spell of eating crap food and with school starting again I want to get lots of nutrition into him!

There's me, my husband and our 2 kids And we are in a total rut with food at the minute. My son likes things like chilli, bolognese, etc but I really want to offer more variety. He doesn't eat potato in potato form (he will eat chips but that's it) so I feel this make things a bit tricky sometimes!

Any meals that can be prepared and frozen in advance would be brilliant!

Please help us get healthy 🙏

Pasta bake with veggies
Chili con carne
Veggie lasagne
Stir-fry’s. (Chicken, beef, veggie)
Vegetable/Chicken curry
Shepherds pie
All these you can make in bulk and freeze.

Try and add fruit into a dessert or a treat for them too. E,g grapes, strawberries and berries with ice cream/yoghurt. Strawberries with melted chocolate.
Carrot sticks.

On the days when they want chips have something like grilled chicken, chips and salad or peas and broccoli so you’ve got a balance and still some greens in there.

BBC Good Food has lots of great recipes. Jamie Oliver is very big on healthy eating and has lots of kids so I reckon he’ll have a lot of inspo on his Instagram. Then there’s the Body Coach who has great meal plans.

Reactions: 1
Pasta bake with veggies
Chili con carne
Veggie lasagne
Stir-fry’s. (Chicken, beef, veggie)
Vegetable/Chicken curry
Shepherds pie
All these you can make in bulk and freeze.

Try and add fruit into a dessert or a treat for them too. E,g grapes, strawberries and berries with ice cream/yoghurt. Strawberries with melted chocolate.
Carrot sticks.

On the days when they want chips have something like grilled chicken, chips and salad or peas and broccoli so you’ve got a balance and still some greens in there.

BBC Good Food has lots of great recipes. Jamie Oliver is very big on healthy eating and has lots of kids so I reckon he’ll have a lot of inspo on his Instagram. Then there’s the Body Coach who has great meal plans.
I love bbc good food!

So many ideas on there all for free

Curries
Casseroles
Shepard’s pie
Tacos, suitable with beef chicken or fish
Pasta bake
Lasagne
All can be made as veggie if needed and also a great way to hide veg in sauces. Also freeze well and can be made in advance.

Fajitas
Quesadillas
Salmon baked, rice/pasta/veg
Homemade pizza
Home made burgers, can be beef or chicken, serve with corn on the cob
Panfried chicken with lemon and rosemary is delish but not overpowering. Serve with mash

You can also one pot chicken with rice, use stock and season. Takes 20 mins and is tasty.

Omelettes

Grilled cheese with tomatoe soup is a favorite here on lazy dinner days

Breaded fish with wedges
Typical roast dinners

Carbonara

Reactions: 2
Some of our favourites (other than those mentioned)

chicken wraps (chicken goujons and lots of raw veg and grated cheese)
Toad in the hole
Standard roast dinner

I make a massive batch of pasta sauce with aubergine, courgette, mushrooms, celery, onion, peppers, carrots and lentils. I bung it al in the slow cooker with pasatta, garlic and herbs and blitz it up, then freeze in batches. It is great as is for pasta, or I’ll use it for bolognese and lasagne as well (usually add a beef stock pot for those). It means even a quick dinner like pasta has lots of good stuff in there.