Family Fortunes with... Max Bygraves

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've become fascinated with watching Max Bygraves' episodes of Family Fortunes (1983-1985). Honestly he's so bad it's funny. Apart from the fun of playing along at home with the game, watch, enthralled, as, especially in his earliest episodes, his "jokes" fall flat, he insults the contestants and where they live, doesn't show much interest in the contestants, fails to need the sound of spot prize alerts and then overacts when he realises. The errors go on. I particularly love his face when he says "Biiiiiiig Money!". Been trying to find out how he got the job, like, who actually thought it would be a good idea to have him host, and I cannot find anything. I'm sure he was a great entertainer (my mother even had one of his albums) but a a good game show host he was not. Some of the contestants clearly didn't like him or his remarks. But God it's funny. And of course during his tenure we had the infamous "Turkey!" saga. My partner and I basically watch it to slag it off. Thank God Les Dennis came along to rescue the show.