Family Arguments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dont think im the firm fav with my hubby's family atm , had a bust up the day after our wedding and called his sister out on her tit and then called his aunty out on her tit for beiing a covidiot since last march 🙈

Yep, my SIL is the problem, she’s making it awkward for us to see her children. My partner at the moment doesn’t want to sort things out with her but for the sake of the children when we do go over to drop birthday, Christmas etc presents off he will be civil with her so it’s not uncomfortable for the kids.

But the other issue is my SIL and MIL have been bitching and moaning about the situation in front of them and the last time we went over the oldest nephew wouldn’t talk to us or even say hello he just said go away. (He’s 11).

They’ve stayed at ours many times and we just want them over again to spend time with them after not seeing them properly over the last year.
I don’t understand what your SIL is upset about though?

She had little or no relationship with her grandmother. Then when her grandmother died she was annoyed that she wasn’t one of the first to be told? Even through they didn’t have much of a relationship and she was told about her passing the following morning? Is that seriously why she’s being like this now?!!!

it sounds like she’s harbouring resentment about this against your partner for some reason. This is likely to be something that goes way back. What was the cause of her not having a relationship with her grandmother/why did your brother have a close relationship with his grandmother when his sister didn’t? What happened between the 3 of them to cause that situation to occur?

I genuinely don’t think that you can really do anything here. This is clearly something that’s been brewing between your partner and his sister for a while.

I think your partner is going to need to try to sit down with his sister and talk about this - alone. They need to mend whatever it is that’s been broken between them. You alone won’t get anywhere without that happening.

Yes I agree Betty.

Also from the sister in laws point of view if she and your partner aren't speaking to each other and have an issue I can see why she wouldn't really want her children to be spending time with you two. She's probably annoyed that you're desperate to see the kids but her brother isn't attempting to make up with her.

Good luck though, life is way too short to fall out with family members if you don't need too so I really hope it gets sorted

I don’t understand what your SIL is upset about though?

She had little or no relationship with her grandmother. Then when her grandmother died she was annoyed that she wasn’t one of the first to be told? Even through they didn’t have much of a relationship and she was told about her passing the following morning? Is that seriously why she’s being like this now?!!!

it sounds like she’s harbouring resentment about this against your partner for some reason. This is likely to be something that goes way back. What was the cause of her not having a relationship with her grandmother/why did your brother have a close relationship with his grandmother when his sister didn’t? What happened between the 3 of them to cause that situation to occur?

I genuinely don’t think that you can really do anything here. This is clearly something that’s been brewing between your partner and his sister for a while.

I think your partner is going to need to try to sit down with his sister and talk about this - alone. They need to mend whatever it is that’s been broken between them. You alone won’t get anywhere without that happening.