Emma Hoareau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hellooo, I do think she has good style and I like that she looks a little different to the other influencers out there, I also like her skincare advice (most of the time) and I like the dreamy vibe of her photos and all that but I do take issue with her not disclosing ads properly and I don't really agree with her not sharing the sources of where she got her knowledge from because she is not a skincare professional. I guess I have outgrown "professional influencers" in general and prefer other skinfluencers who recommend cheaper stuff too, don't do ads in general - I just realised how much money I was spending on products that aren't inherently better and that was definitely because of influencers recommending stuff and me feeling pressured thinking I had to buy all these products because I am turning 30 (!!!!! so dumb) I mean Augustinus Bader makes a nice moisturiser but it is bloody expensive and it is really sad that people (esp women) feel the need to spent that amount of money on skincare (money they could invest in ETFS or something, I don't know) or otherwise their skin will suffer, when a 3€ Nivea night cream is just as good. So, I am not her biggest fan but I do enjoy her content.

Reg the emojis, I do agree that I consider it to be digital blackfacing to use brown/black emojis as a white person, however, I would like to jump in and mention that I do remember her saying that she is mixed or like half Creole. So maybe that's why.

Reactions: 1
Correct me if I’m wrong here but I’m pretty sure she’s just white - her Dad is French (white) creole.

Agree with everything being said here though. She likes to harp on about how she’s self made as has ‘built a life for herself where she can spend and save’, but like it’s not hard when you’re paid through the roof for a one minute video on applying moisturiser and get sent everything for free. So frustrating.

Reactions: 2
My biggest issue with her is how she NEVER credits her sources. She is NOT a dermatologist, and she has never done a course in skincare and yet knows so much about it. She’s obviously done her research, but it will only be learnt from the experts in the field who have trialled, tested and understand the science. She never credits the books she’s read, the dermatologists she’s essentially just copied word for word, and her influences.

I also find her very pretentious. Every response is very arty and serious, and she has a real mean girl, judgy vibe

Reactions: 2
All the recent undisclosed ads for Faithfull The (slim, white women only please) Brand when she was on holiday really got on my nerves. She tags one post on stories as a paid partnership, but leaves the 10+ other stories without even the AD hashtag. Like, it's NOT HARD to disclose ads Emma. Do better!

All the recent undisclosed ads for Faithfull The (slim, white women only please) Brand when she was on holiday really got on my nerves. She tags one post on stories as a paid partnership, but leaves the 10+ other stories without even the AD hashtag. Like, it's NOT HARD to disclose ads Emma. Do better!
Agreed. What a life, eh? Goes on an all expenses holiday to the Cayman Islands and calls it work, comes home to endless gifted luxury items that she fails to disclose were gifted, and then shoves her most likely gifted flat renovation in our faces. If only.

Some of her interior choices stress me out. She got that beautiful bathroom renovation in all cool toned white, black, silver hardware... and then slaps a warm, brass light on the wall?

I just went to take a look but she's made her interior account private? Why do that when you've got £17k followers? Also so glad I unfollowed her - just had a look through her main account feed and see she's as insufferable as ever!

I just went to take a look but she's made her interior account private? Why do that when you've got £17k followers? Also so glad I unfollowed her - just had a look through her main account feed and see she's as insufferable as ever!
Also got “supplied” that mantelpiece she’s been rambling on about. What a surprise.

Probably so she doesn't have to disclose ads on it... The post on her interior account for the mantelpiece doesn't have a #gifted or #supplied tag like the one on main 🤔

The horrid light in question...

Attachments

• Sick
Has anyone seen she has a boyfriend that is moving in with her ? Never pictured her with a man before. I’m starting to get tired of bloggers who starting to hide their bf as if we might want to steal them.

Didn’t she say not that long ago in a Q+A that she pays for all her trips, yet she’s on yet another gifted one?