Elle Wright - feathering_the_empty_nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know what has happened recently (and I am NOT fishing for info) - but I really do feel for her. It always seems to be the nicest people who go through these really bad times!!

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry but I don’t buy it! Yes bad things happen to people all the time, but she’s been posting the odd cryptic story including the standard attention seeking hospital band picture, to keep people’s interest and for validation. Then “oh I’ll write about it when I find them words”....probably segwaying seamlessly to book number 2 or a blog for her all “famous wives” clan to swoon over and send those awful t shirts. At least her other overly entitled mate Charlotte actually deactivates her account when she wants time away

Reactions: 1
Profiting off grief isn’t right. End of.

Just because of what happened, doesn’t mean you should be advertising the white company.

Reactions: 5
Are we talking about feathers? I can’t even imagine what she’s going through. I know they have been trying again since their son died and have had a miscarriage in that time. I hope she hasn’t had another one.

She got a bit of stick for writing the book but I don’t understand why. Everyone grieves differently and I’m certainly not going to judge her for how she grieved. She wrote a book which has helped so many other women and surely that can only be a good thing? The money her and her husband has raised is outstanding.

Reactions: 20
Who is this? The thread title needs to have the actual account name in it, otherwise it's confusing

Are we talking about feathers? I can’t even imagine what she’s going through. I know they have been trying again since their son died and have had a miscarriage in that time. I hope she hasn’t had another one.

She got a bit of stick for writing the book but I don’t understand why. Everyone grieves differently and I’m certainly not going to judge her for how she grieved. She wrote a book which has helped so many other women and surely that can only be a good thing? The money her and her husband has raised is outstanding.
They have raised money yes and that’s great but she’s still lined her own pockets, does all the money from the ads go to Tommy’s, a neonatal charity, a maternity ward etc? No. It goes into her bank account and she £££ signs are rolling in her eyes.

It’s sad what’s happened and I appreciate grieving, the pain of losing a child etc. But in essence she is profiting from it. Her and her band of “strong mummas” 🤢

Look up legacy of Leo. She doesn’t advertise high end shops and spends her time raising awareness, funds and memory.

Reactions: 4
Oh fgs.. she lost a child if by doing what she has done has helped one person along the way then surely thats a good thing. We need to normalise child loss rather then not talk about it because of how awkward people may feel.

I think from her insta stories over last few days that she may have had a miscarriage and that is so so sad.

The hate she is getting i dont think is deserved at all.

Reactions: 21
Elle here. Just to clear things up, I’ve been in and out of hospital following our 8 weeks of IVF treatment. I’m not being intentionally vague or trying to “keep up people’s interest”, I just felt I wanted to explain my absence as I had gone from posting daily stories and lots of people had been genuinely concerned about where I was.
I can confirm I have absolutely no plans for another book, I don’t have another subject to write about and have told Teddy’s story in full. I wrote Ask Me His Name as a genuine effort to support other bereaved parents and hopefully help others to support them too. I make very little money from Instagram (I’ve written about this very honestly in blog posts that are still there to read on my blog if you wish to look), and I was paid a small fee for the time it took for me to write my book; the book now donates to Tommy’s The Baby Charity. I am most certainly not “profiting from my grief”, any of the (few) sponsored posts I have done are unrelated to Teddy and have been either home or fashion related work.
My main focus is fundraising, so that less parents have to experience what we have. So far we have raised £125k for the neonatal unit where our son died, and as a volunteer on the charity committee there that remains my main job. I use Instagram as a platform to raise awareness, and hopefully make other people feel like they too can carry on after a devastating loss. It may not be the way everyone would choose to deal with a loss, but it’s how I have chosen to. I hope this helps to explain my situation a little better. I understand that there will always be accounts on social media that aren’t to everyone’s taste, and my advice to anyone who dislikes an account would just be to unfollow, as opposed to wasting your time writing hateful, hurtful and personal things about that person.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Elle here. Just to clear things up, I’ve been in and out of hospital following our 8 weeks of IVF treatment. I’m not being intentionally vague or trying to “keep up people’s interest”, I just felt I wanted to explain my absence as I had gone from posting daily stories and lots of people had been genuinely concerned about where I was.
I can confirm I have absolutely no plans for another book, I don’t have another subject to write about and have told Teddy’s story in full. I wrote Ask Me His Name as a genuine effort to support other bereaved parents and hopefully help others to support them too. I make very little money from Instagram (I’ve written about this very honestly in blog posts that are still there to read on my blog if you wish to look), and I was paid a small fee for the time it took for me to write my book; the book now donates to Tommy’s The Baby Charity. I am most certainly not “profiting from my grief”, any of the (few) sponsored posts I have done are unrelated to Teddy and have been either home or fashion related work.
My main focus is fundraising, so that less parents have to experience what we have. So far we have raised £125k for the neonatal unit where our son died, and as a volunteer on the charity committee there that remains my main job. I use Instagram as a platform to raise awareness, and hopefully make other people feel like they too can carry on after a devastating loss. It may not be the way everyone would choose to deal with a loss, but it’s how I have chosen to. I hope this helps to explain my situation a little better. I understand that there will always be accounts on social media that aren’t to everyone’s taste, and my advice to anyone who dislikes an account would just be to unfollow, as opposed to wasting your time writing hateful, hurtful and personal things about that person.
My friend’s baby was stillborn several years ago and she really got a lot from your book, as did other mums she know who also lost babies. Ignore the haters. Picking on someone who has lost a child and used that to try and help others is about as low as humanity gets.

Reactions: 11
I agree totally with Bex - did try to quote her post but it didn't work for some reason.
I think anyone trolling a person who has lost a child, needs to take a serious look at their life.
Why did she get so much stick for her book though? I've not read it. Surely talking about baby loss is a good thing?

Reactions: 5
They have raised money yes and that’s great but she’s still lined her own pockets, does all the money from the ads go to Tommy’s, a neonatal charity, a maternity ward etc? No. It goes into her bank account and she £££ signs are rolling in her eyes.

It’s sad what’s happened and I appreciate grieving, the pain of losing a child etc. But in essence she is profiting from it. Her and her band of “strong mummas” 🤢

Look up legacy of Leo. She doesn’t advertise high end shops and spends her time raising awareness, funds and memory.
I agree, people should follow Jess @thelegacyofleo she is one of my close friends, and her and her wife Natalie were some of the first bereaved parents who I made contact with after Teddy died. Jess formed a WhatsApp group for 6 of us in those early days of grief, and we began to meet up as friends. We called ourselves the Warrior Women. I’ve written an entire chapter about them in my book, and mentioned all of the wonderful things they do. Jess and I also did an event together in December, a free, non-profiting event for bereaved parents to attend in London to meet up and talk. As a friend, I continue to support all of the work that she does and share it across my Instagram, as she does with what I am doing.

Reactions: 7
I am so sorry that you feel that you have to justify your reasons here for doing things and even have to comment on this.

I think what your doing is fantastic and if you can help anyone else who is going through the same thing then surely thats a good thing. Really really admire you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I haven't seen your Instagram, but now I will go and follow you.... I am so sorry for your loss... I have had many miscarriages and they broke me but I can't even imagine your pain. Well done on writing your book, if it has helped only 1 person then surely its been written for the right reasons... I really believe this thread should be removed and let this family grieve in piece

Reactions: 6
I haven't seen your Instagram, but now I will go and follow you.... I am so sorry for your loss... I have had many miscarriages and they broke me but I can't even imagine your pain. Well done on writing your book, if it has helped only 1 person then surely its been written for the right reasons... I really believe this thread should be removed and let this family grieve in piece
Totally agree... there shouldnt be a thread on Elle x

Reactions: 9
Dear Admin, please could this entire thread be deleted and not just my OP? I wanted it to be a positive one but clearly that's not going to be the case. Thank you.

Reactions: 1
I’m confused as to why the OP even started this on a trash forum apparently “not fishing” for information. If there are accounts you love pop over to the rave section.

All the best Elle

I’m confused as to why the OP even started this on a trash forum apparently “not fishing” for information. If there are accounts you love pop over to the rave section.

All the best Elle
I am genuinely not fishing!! I have just joined and didn't know about a rave section.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.