Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Seagal

Hi everyone!
I've been a lurker on GG and here for ages and am generally content to hang out and enjoy the entertainment, but I'm in the legal industry in Canada and think I can help clarify a few things here.
- In Canada, a law degree is either an LLB or a JD. Both are exactly the same. LLBs were previously the standard but many law schools have now switched to calling their degrees JDs because that makes their grads more marketable in the US.
- Usually, a Canadian student will only go to the UK (or sometimes Australia) for a law degree if they could not get into a law school in Canada, because going to a foreign school makes it a lot harder to actually become a lawyer here afterwards. Some people do go to the UK for a degree simply because they want to, but that is not the norm. When law firms look at resumes of students who went to a UK or Australian law school, they generally assume (unless proven otherwise) that the student couldn't get in to a Canadian school.
- If you do a foreign law degree, one method of upgrading your degree so that you can actually qualify in Canada is to do an LLM. But that's all it is, most of the time. It's not necessarily a research degree, nor does it show any real area of specialization. It's typically a one-year degree.
- As another reader said, getting an articling position at McCarthy's is like winning the jackpot for most law students. If you article at a place like that and are kept on at the end, it can set you up for your entire career. But they don't keep on everyone. If you are offered a position at a place like that at the end of your articles, you take it, even if just for a year or two. To me, it's as clear as daylight that our friend Elle was likely not kept on. She just doesn't want to say so, which is fair enough because a lot of people never admit that they weren't kept on after their articles (well, that is, until they are secure enough in their careers to not care anymore). In law we are pretty much all Type As who don't like to admit failure. It may be true that she also just didn't like the experience and that working in the MFDA turned out to be a good route for her. But I am willing to bet that her hand was forced by the fact that she was not kept on.
- The UK internship was very likely a 2-week job shadowing stint that involved very little work. I've worked in the UK and seen lots of law students come through for internships like that.

I'm also familiar with the area where Elle's mom had her house. It's not affected in any material way by Vancouver housing prices as it's in a completely different city. That said, parking lot view aside, the house is in a fantastic and highly desirable location (right next to the beach!). In fact, that city as a whole is a great place to live. If she didn't want to work in a big law firm, I can't figure out why Elle never just decided to go live in her home city. It would have been a perfectly reasonable thing to do. There are lots of perfectly good jobs there (both law firms and in government) and the lifestyle is much more laid-back.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

bethannebodyworks

LOL omg Elle issued a copyright strike on one of your videos!
Lol, hi Elle! She must be reading here. Let's recap:

1) You are an unemployed, no future-having nitwit who insists on calling yourself a "girlboss."
2) You are nasty to people, slamming doors in their faces, walking in front of them as they ride down streets, getting mountains of packages delivered to homes where you are a guest and overextending your welcome.
3) You think you are "exotic." Your ancestors were from Europe, not you. Get over it.
4) You insist on pronouncing things like an idiot (Grissmas). You know it's Christmas. Stop.
5) You insist on over the top French pronunciation of French words which have been assimilated into English (like "in lieu of"). Get over yourself.
6) You do ridiculous "3-2-1"s in your videos and lie about why.
7) You have a shopping addiction and need help.
8) You're putting your cats in danger by allowing them onto the balcony.
9) You obfuscate the truth at every turn to make yourself sound better.
10) You have "European teeth." lol
11) You lied about why you had lingual braces many years ago. This is such a stupid, insignificant thing but represents your persona--fake.
12) You need to fix your crossed eyes.
13) You need to put your breasts away. You're not going to find a man on YouTube.
14) You are a 30+ year old woman who suckles on mommy's teat for a living.

Anything else?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

202leda

She has to stop equating her struggles with not fitting in/being bullied for being "European" (or just being snobby and unlikable...) because POC have actually faced racism and discrimination. And that her attempts to make herself seem foreign is coming from a place of extreme privilege. Most POC, especially Asians, even if they were born and raised in Canada are always asked "where are from... no where are you really from?" They constantly feel like they're never considered fully Canadian but here Elle is trying to be different because she wants to feel like a special snowflake.
As a POC, I can relate with this as well. Born and raised in America, plus my dad came here as a minor because my grandparents took him over here. It’s insulting when I get asked by well-meaning (albeit ignorant) people ask me where I’m really from because I’m not white and therefore, am not American enough. I don’t mind if people ask what my ethnicity is (and I have no shame in that), but to be asked where I’m really from conjures some really upsetting emotions especially having dealt with outright and casual racism from my mostly white community where I grew up.

When I saw that idiotic video of her complaining that her classmates didn’t like her due to being “foreign” I couldn’t help but think, “Bitch, you have no idea what it’s like not to be considered North American by some people. Shut the fuck up.” 🙄

Reactions: 21

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Girl just can't accept being AVERAGE. In Vancouver, populated with Canadians, it made her EXTRA SPECIAL to present herself as an AMERICAN (because she was BORN in NYC...) to a BELGIAN mother and FRENCH father (who probably never even saw her so her relationship with France is literally non-existent). Then she lived in Belgium but I believe her entire schooling and formative years were in Canada. She also has a CANADIAN citizenship. Therefore, why can't she just say 'I'm Canadian but my parents are European'? Couldn't she simply embrace the country that she spent some 20+ years in? I'm surprised she doesn't claim she has HK roots since she spent some 4 weeks on an internship there? 😂 😂

But overall, her 'nationality' narrative is sooo redundant. In the age of globalisation, it's very common for people to migrate, marry foreigners, have mixed ethnicity kids etc. She probably thinks of herself as an heiress who arrived from the OLD WORLD on some goddamn Titanic-type liner and embarked on a difficult journey of bringing CULTURE and GUD PASTA to the uncouth indigenous folk of North America. Unfortunately for you, miss Smelle, you're just as 'exotic' as your face is 'naturally beautiful' - i. e. Very little 🤭
I think it's really hard for Elle to accept that although there may be some distinctions between her and say, your typical, been here multiple generations Canadian, there is nothing striking or exotic about her: she is your run of the mill, white, Canadian girl to everyone but herself.

I hate using the word "exotic" to describe women (makes me think of creepy fetishers) but a girl with Elle's looks isn't considered exotic by anyone in North America. I have two friends that come to mind when people think exotic. One of them is Afro-Caribbean mixed with German and she has the most amazing curly brown hair, tanned skin, and striking blue eyes and another friend is Swedish-Chinese, with long legs that run for miles and straight dark hair, but green-hazel Asian eyes. I think Elle hates that if you put her in a crowd (now and especially before she got work done), no one would look at her twice. Also none of the friends I mentioned above go around calling themselves "European/German/Swedish" or "Chinese" or "Barbadian" lol. They only refer to it when someone asks what their mix is but are proudly Canadian/American, respectively. They're also both much more in touch with their "roots" than Elle is, speaking the languages well and adopt a lot of the customs of the cultures their families are from. Elle thinks making a lot of pasta and putting cheese on it makes her Italian/European...by that definition, I am definitely Mexican despite having no Hispanic heritage because I'm always cooking Mexcian food at home.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Phoebe.Tallulah

Omg her response to this criticism. Actual professionals have to video conference pretty frequently and none of these outfits would be appropriate. "Summer dresses " would have been a better title for this video.View attachment 179778
My God she's insufferable!!! She titled the video and gave it a certain nuance! Then has the audacity so get snarky when people point out those arent really the WFH choices of a "young professional"? Since we all know her only "work" is her pearl stringing and lack of YT videos she should've just called the damn thing what I wore M-F. If she's trying to manipulate the algorithm then she's got to get better at keeping her thin skin under control lol!

MONDAY TO FRIDAY WORK FROM HOME OUTFIT LOOKBOOK

• Heart
Reactions: 20

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Based on highest number of votes, here is the continuation of the Elle Florence (Eleanor/Eleonore/Elle Florence Marie Lecocq) thread.

Ladies, gossip away. :cool:

Also, how annoying is it that this girl spells her name a million different ways?? Afraid people doing background checks will discover her scamming?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

thecatlass

VIP Member
I think as a child Smelle felt 'bullied' because other kids made it clear they wouldn't put up with her princess-y behavior and mocked her beaver chompers. We all know children have no filters. It was only her mother who was constantly praising Smelle and never uttered a word of criticism at her daughter. That's why she can't take criticism now - she was never exposed to it in her formative years. This is very bad because life is full of various challenges and no one is there to constantly pat you on the back.

Growing without a father and basing her knowledge of relationships on YA novels and TV romances, she has a fake idea of marriage/ serious relationship. From what we've seen in the videos, she intends her romantic relationships to mirror the relationship with her mother. Men, like ginette, are expected to provide for Smelle financially. She needs them to validate her idea that she's beautiful, clahwsy, ladylike and a domestic goddess.

Reactions: 19

Lovely

Chatty Member
However, Elle ages as we all do, and didn't catch the train.
I think in Elle's mind she is still that early 20s, just-out-of-college girl living in the big city alone for the first time. It's why she still refers to herself as a 'young professional' even though she's now nearly a decade into her 'career'. Her brain has not caught up with her reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
My time to shine! I've always been a huge fan of home tour sorts of videos and I actually got through the entire video this time (the first in a very long time) and here are my thoughts.

TOO. MUCH. CLUTTER. The sheer amount of stuff is overwhelming and makes her space look disorganized and tiny. The theme isn't cohesive at all: we have her old furniture, her "antique heirloom" pieces (which are all way too big for her tiny apartment), and Smelley seems to have doubled down on the PNW/Seattle theme with all the random rustic pieces (runner, all the mountains and woods pieces, etc.). The clam chairs are also really random and don't go with literally anything else in the apartment. The rugs range from modern to Persian to rustic and super colorful. Her stuff all clash against each other and it seems like it was picked out of a thrift shop + west elm + ikea + garage sale.

I like the kitchen set-up overall with the exception of the corner with her oils and Smeg appliances. I know Smelley wants to show off her "Italian oceanic blue appliances" but there's too much going on in that corner and those should have been put in the nook where her Nespresso is. Then again, if they moved there, girlboss would not be able to point to them as soon as you entered her apartment and I'm sure she wants to show that off. :rolleyes:

New Nespresso machine because her old one broke, and of course, she called "Madame le bóss" (shoutout to @Behindthescreens for the nickname :cool:) and whined, and mama G had to buy her a new one as a housewarming gift. Eleanor is practically hemorrhaging her mother's money at this point with the Seattle move, new lease, and tons of new appliances and furniture.

The round dining table is WAY TOO BIG for her small apartment, and the clam chairs don't fit with them at all aesthetically. Also that whole area is way too small for that table + 4 chairs...what was she thinking? Unless she's inviting multiple tinder men over at the same time, she only needs 2 chairs for her and new guy of the week or her and Ginette.

Lots of boob (new normal for Smelley? When was the last time she didn't expose her cleavage to the world in a video?) and her thighs and mid-section are looking thicker. Definitely new man, guud pasta, or she's given up.

I know sectioning off a larger area is a popular design strategy for small spaces to make it seem like you have multiple areas for different purposes but the way she did it makes her place look even smaller. That Washington state pillow is also kinda immature looking (I know it's a popular design on jewelry and stuff...for teens and people in their early 20s maybe) and seems like she's trying too hard to emphasize the Seattle thing.

The bedroom furniture doesn't go together: her old dresser with the mirror is just old looking, the new pieces seem kinda rustic, and the random clam chair is just chilling in the corner. No cohesion.

Bathroom is wayyy too busy and all the PNW designs are making me dizzy.

Poor kittens' litter box is of course, relegated, to the "ugly room." She has so much clothing and shoes in there...won't it smell bad from the litter box from two cats?? Then again Smelley doesn't shower after the gym or wash her hair so maybe she won't be able to tell.

Overall, just the sort of thing we've come to expect from Smelley, with a new PNW tilt. Maybe it's just the East Coast girl in me, but I find that sort of style works better in houses and if they are in apartments, you should try to leave as much open space with some plants to give off that nature vibe, which Smelley is clearly not doing. It also gives off serious hipster + hiking + outdoor vibes to me which doesn't go at all with Elle's general aesthetic so I'm not sure why she's so adamant on incorporating it into her home.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Katrina_AK_0099

Deleted video - Girlboss Weekly Vlog - Wedding. I believe this video was filmed a few weeks before Joe dumped her.

Link to download: http://we.tl/t-ckNRzV7mhu

Timestamps

02:00 - Elle explains how every pet she has ever had only speaks French. Then she screams MUJI! MUJI! MUJI! at Bebe.

09:40 - Elle's postcards unboxing. Those photos though...

21:30 - Elle shows us her "impulsive" side by running out mid-dinner to get rigatoni, because she cannot do bucatini. Must be her Italian heritage!

29:15 - Nordstrom fitting room time. Elle is "so excited" to "treat" herself to two dresses and a blush brush.

36:50 - Elle talks about how her hair is "so greasy" and she can't wait to have the staff at Drybar wash it for her.

52:35 - Elle is glowing because she is going to a wedding show with a friend. She loves the off-the-shoulder dress...

• Haha
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Yes, she needs a sugar daddy. Unfortunately she wants to have her gin and drink 3 bottles too 😂

She wants a prince!
He should be kind!
He should be handsome! (To think, she thought Rick was attractive...)
He should be wealthy!
He should be funny!
He should be smart!
He should always love my cucking and never choke on my dry desserts! (Interpret that however you want 😂)
He should sweep me off my feet!
He should never question my purchases!
He should treat me like the princess that Mamma always told me I was!
He should feel lucky to be blessed with a Parisian sex symbol wife... THAT'S ME!!!
Parisian sex symbol wife, but is made in Canada and can't actually speak French properly (and is also mostly Belgian...). Also a body shaped like a whiskey barrel... :unsure:

She's as French as she is an in-house counsel as she is a girlboss. Which is to say...not at all. :ROFLMAO::m

• Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

I really do think Rick suited her
Me too!! ❤❤❤ They need to get back together to minimize the contamination on the dating pool. Because right now Elle is shimmying her boobs so hard that Seattle has declared an 8.5 on the Richter; and Rick is sliding into an innocent 25 yo just-dumped girl’s DMs and bobbing his head (mating ritual) so hard that Florida also just felt its first tremors in history.
Please contain the disease!
The US is in too fragile a state to handle these two giant FAULTS (😇) at opposite corners ripping tectonic plates apart. Get back together so that you, Elle, can sync your shimmying to Rick’s head-bobbing and effectively cancel your seismic phases out.

• Haha

bethannebodyworks

She really is a dolt. The truth--as horrible as it is--is that if you are European and you emigrate to the US or Canada your type of foreignness is appreciated. You will be seen as worldly, sophisticated, and urbane (caveat: unless you are from Eastern Europe whereby people will discriminate against you). If you are from Asia, Africa, South America, the Middle East, etc. you will face discrimination even if you are worldly, sophisticated, and urbane. It's the way the world is, and the world is ugly.

Elle needs to stop with this bullshit. People bullied/disliked her because she's a stuck up brat with a lisp and crazy eyes who eye fucks herself every time she sees her own image. Not because her mom is Belgian, for fuck's sake...

Last edited:
  • Heart

LetThemEatLipstick

Every time she embellishes or lies, she touches her hair and looks away. Look for it in all of her still-posted videos. She’s subconsciously telling us she knows she is lying and the cognitive dissonance causes her to break eye contact and adjust her hair. I’ll find more examples. Until she privates ALL OF HER VIDEOS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I can see him doing that. There were times in the videos where Joe was pretty blunt with a nice tone of voice. Princess Smelle always laughed it off to avoid having to deal with it. She's really not good with boundaries.
But for as much as Joe rolled with Elle's antics in the vlogs, I do think he might have (gently) laid out the reasons why and firmly walked out, despite her clinging and crying.
Joe seems like the type to care a lot about his image, even if he isn't explicit about it the way Eleanor is (I also believe it's a different way). I'm guessing he was pretty humiliated by antics like La Mer Camping and Mount Nordstrom but because he hadn't decided to break up with her yet, he didn't say much. I bet Joe is the type that actually cares a lot about how intelligent and respected he is and the same standards are extended to his partners. I think there's a reason that the girl he dated after Smelle is well educated and practicing in a specialty that is widely respected, even if it's not the highest paid. Joe definitely wants to be part of a typical well-traveled, fitness focused, yuppie couple and that's the image Elle initially portrayed. But after he got to know her well, he realized that she was less of a girlboss and more of an aspiring real housewife and he bolted. Elle is bad for his image and makes him look like a pushover whose been duped by a fake, shallow, golddigger.

MissGlam21

So she took out the 321s (except for one) and repetitions about the bar cart and “Snow-White-esque” mirror in the home tour and also put in an ad near the end. I think what’s also worth mentioning is that she no longer pronounces cushion as “kuh-shin” anymore 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

ccc123000

Chatty Member
This is pure gold, you guys!

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.38.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.38.12 PM.png

Feeling herself:

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.40.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.39.43 PM.png

"Okay, I give up. I just want to be a sister wife."