Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Jumping on this to ask if anyone has experience of adult work... I’ve been looking into text chat services. I don’t want to do anything on camera or anything where I’m identifiable because of my full time job, but thought it could be an extra earner.
Jesus I would make about £2.27 ... could tie my tits in a knot these days!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

littlepup

VIP Member
It is, however with a massive difference. You pay nothing of your own money in to it, therefore are not able to lose any either. I've earned £2k since I started in August.
No but the problem with a lot of MLMs, amongst many, is that even if you don’t pay in, when you work out the hours you’ve put in, delivery etc you’re getting pennies on the hour. You might as well have gone and taken a shift in a cafe and been paid according to your effort.
Many are ok if you have lots of friends and a large audience but you have to quite aggressively target your friends and acquaintances. (And people aren’t going to be buying a new perfume every other month, your market is soon exhausted and flooded by recruiting other sellers.) It’s not really an option for someone who doesn’t live in a very social media driven world or doesn't have a big pool
of people at their disposal who’d be willing to drop £15-25 on perfume.
Any company that encourages you to actively recruit your own competition is not about their ‘presenters’.
Have a watch of ‘secrets of the multi-level millionaires’ on IPlayer.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I work as a perfume distributor for FM.. I absolutely love it, best decision I have ever made in terms of financial improvement and confidence.
Is FM not another one of these pyramid/MLM schemes I see everywhere I look online?

If you're good at typing (ie: quick and accurate) some websites pay people to type documents which have been dictated. I've done this a couple of times now ! My job as a legal secretary involves a lot of typing anyway, but in my spare time I thought "I know I'm good at it, so why not earn a bit extra from it?". You do have to be quick to snap up to assignments though as they get taken fairly quickly. Just google paid online typist work.

Reactions: 8

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
Buying cheap tat:blankets from alibaba and selling them for over inflated prices aka Sarah Ingham.
Joking aside any kind of hobby or skill you have is always a good bet.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Jumping on this to ask if anyone has experience of adult work... I’ve been looking into text chat services. I don’t want to do anything on camera or anything where I’m identifiable because of my full time job, but thought it could be an extra earner.

Reactions: 5

Casperron

VIP Member
What about a cleaning company or ironing service ?
Cleaning company I’ve been looking into doing that. However I just hate working with the public, I feel like I’ve done my time and now I want out. I would honestly have a breakdown if I had any complaints

With working from home I've had a massive sort out of my wardrobe and have sold some bits on eBay.
I tried selling things on eBay. Things I had to get rid of and also dropshipping but I had too many people scam me and say the box was empty or didn’t arrive

What are you good at and what do you like to do? Are you a people person? Do you have space to make things/hold stock? Are you fit and healthy?

I keep seeing people doing a few days courses then trying to set up in business but they’re terrible. It’s important to have some natural skill in something if you want to make it into a business I think.
Well I’m good at business, I’m doing a degree in business so I’m now looking at setting up as a virtual assistant freelancer. I think it’s one of those things that takes a lot of time and effort to get started but once I get those clients I’ll be great.

btw I made this post for everyone to have ideas not for it to be about me sorry if I didn’t make that clear

Reactions: 4

WilmaHun

VIP Member
No but the problem with a lot of MLMs, amongst many, is that even if you don’t pay in, when you work out the hours you’ve put in, delivery etc you’re getting pennies on the hour. You might as well have gone and taken a shift in a cafe and been paid according to your effort.
Many are ok if you have lots of friends and a large audience but you have to quite aggressively target your friends and acquaintances. (And people aren’t going to be buying a new perfume every other month, your market is soon exhausted and flooded by recruiting other sellers.) It’s not really an option for someone who doesn’t live in a very social media driven world or doesn't have a big pool
of people at their disposal who’d be willing to drop £15-25 on perfume.
Any company that encourages you to actively recruit your own competition is not about their ‘presenters’.
Have a watch of ‘secrets of the multi-level millionaires’ on IPlayer.
Plus the fact that if you work a full time job on top of an MLM, you'll need to file a tax return and pay additional tax on those earnings. So those pennies you've earned an hour really don't add up to alot in the long run.

I am in no doubt however, that a lot of people who do these schemes on the side of their usual job do not declare their earnings.

Reactions: 3

HelloStereo

VIP Member
With working from home I've had a massive sort out of my wardrobe and have sold some bits on eBay.

Reactions: 3

Sunflower91

VIP Member
I have to be careful with my contract at work so it’s not a conflict at work but I was thinking of freelance programming/analytics. I’m an R and Python wiz and I know I’m useless at anything creative so just playing to my strengths. Does come in handy for recreational things too like tracking Twitter sentiment on particular topics or building apps to make my life easier.

Reactions: 2

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Weekend work at a bar! I've just started doing this, I only do 9 hours now (due to the new 10pm curfew) a good little earner with your tips on top too

littlepup

VIP Member
Reddit has a thread called slave labour where people request and offer skills, small jobs for £5-30ish payments via PayPal. Works well for people with language, programming, design types skills. I had a logo made for instance, I think they guy probably did an hour or so work and I paid £25. And for me it was as good as the guys that did a mock up and wanted £1000 to use it.
Things like translating a page or two, photoshopping a pic, creating a banner etc

Sunflower91

VIP Member
How did you get into/learn how to do programming/analytics stuff like R and Python was it through a degree, course or part of your main job? Im quite interested in doing a course in this area as it fascinates me but not a clue where to start!
I’m 100% self taught in both- I came out of uni with experience in SPSS but I just didn’t like it and felt like there was better out there - especially when working with Market Research data. So a problem would come along at work and I’d teach myself to do it in R/Python and over time just caught a bug for making apps or replicable code or something automated so I could save myself a load of time. For me, I find setting myself a goal of something I want to do and figuring out the puzzle made me learn a lot quicker than a course would. Even if it’s just a small thing like making some charts.

Fofoca

Chatty Member
Stock photography can be a good one, if you're into travelling (even if its just around the UK), or set up a space in your house to shoot things. (Not necessarily people, but flat lays and such)

Depop I find can be a bit better than Ebay - especially if you're selling vintage type pieces or anything 90s/00s.

Udemy - I used to follow a Youtuber who made a lot of short courses on there on things like PR, English, blogging, photo-taking etc. I think she made a full-time income out of it.
Space to shoot things - thought you meant hit-person for a second!

• Haha

abitfairytale

I make candles and wax melts and run a small business for this.

Mega small at the moment as I haven't really promoted apart from locally (and spent a bit on candle testing and logos, resources etc), but looking to upsize soon as I'm looking to drop my hours at my "proper job".

So maybe find a hobby, perfect it and turn it into a small business.

littlepup

VIP Member
What are you good at and what do you like to do? Are you a people person? Do you have space to make things/hold stock? Are you fit and healthy?

I keep seeing people doing a few days courses then trying to set up in business but they’re terrible. It’s important to have some natural skill in something if you want to make it into a business I think.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
What about marched betting? I’ve made just over £200 doing that in two weeks. It’s perfectly legal, tax free and it’s not actually gambling.
It’s a little complex at first, but once you get the hang of it it is so easy, I signed up to a website like oddsmonkey to help me with it.

Reactions: 1