Earning Extra Income

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I lodged a few hundred quid into my bank account recently from selling unwanted stuff. Very satisfying

Reactions: 1
I work as a perfume distributor for FM.. I absolutely love it, best decision I have ever made in terms of financial improvement and confidence.

I work as a perfume distributor for FM.. I absolutely love it, best decision I have ever made in terms of financial improvement and confidence.
Is FM not another one of these pyramid/MLM schemes I see everywhere I look online?

If you're good at typing (ie: quick and accurate) some websites pay people to type documents which have been dictated. I've done this a couple of times now ! My job as a legal secretary involves a lot of typing anyway, but in my spare time I thought "I know I'm good at it, so why not earn a bit extra from it?". You do have to be quick to snap up to assignments though as they get taken fairly quickly. Just google paid online typist work.

Reactions: 8
Is FM not another one of these pyramid/MLM schemes I see everywhere I look online?

If you're good at typing (ie: quick and accurate) some websites pay people to type documents which have been dictated. I've done this a couple of times now ! My job as a legal secretary involves a lot of typing anyway, but in my spare time I thought "I know I'm good at it, so why not earn a bit extra from it?". You do have to be quick to snap up to assignments though as they get taken fairly quickly. Just google paid online typist work.
It is, however with a massive difference. You pay nothing of your own money in to it, therefore are not able to lose any either. I've earned £2k since I started in August.

It is, however with a massive difference. You pay nothing of your own money in to it, therefore are not able to lose any either. I've earned £2k since I started in August.
No but the problem with a lot of MLMs, amongst many, is that even if you don’t pay in, when you work out the hours you’ve put in, delivery etc you’re getting pennies on the hour. You might as well have gone and taken a shift in a cafe and been paid according to your effort.
Many are ok if you have lots of friends and a large audience but you have to quite aggressively target your friends and acquaintances. (And people aren’t going to be buying a new perfume every other month, your market is soon exhausted and flooded by recruiting other sellers.) It’s not really an option for someone who doesn’t live in a very social media driven world or doesn't have a big pool
of people at their disposal who’d be willing to drop £15-25 on perfume.
Any company that encourages you to actively recruit your own competition is not about their ‘presenters’.
Have a watch of ‘secrets of the multi-level millionaires’ on IPlayer.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No but the problem with a lot of MLMs, amongst many, is that even if you don’t pay in, when you work out the hours you’ve put in, delivery etc you’re getting pennies on the hour. You might as well have gone and taken a shift in a cafe and been paid according to your effort.
Many are ok if you have lots of friends and a large audience but you have to quite aggressively target your friends and acquaintances. (And people aren’t going to be buying a new perfume every other month, your market is soon exhausted and flooded by recruiting other sellers.) It’s not really an option for someone who doesn’t live in a very social media driven world or doesn't have a big pool
of people at their disposal who’d be willing to drop £15-25 on perfume.
Any company that encourages you to actively recruit your own competition is not about their ‘presenters’.
Have a watch of ‘secrets of the multi-level millionaires’ on IPlayer.
Plus the fact that if you work a full time job on top of an MLM, you'll need to file a tax return and pay additional tax on those earnings. So those pennies you've earned an hour really don't add up to alot in the long run.

I am in no doubt however, that a lot of people who do these schemes on the side of their usual job do not declare their earnings.

Reactions: 3
Stock photography can be a good one, if you're into travelling (even if its just around the UK), or set up a space in your house to shoot things. (Not necessarily people, but flat lays and such)

Depop I find can be a bit better than Ebay - especially if you're selling vintage type pieces or anything 90s/00s.

Udemy - I used to follow a Youtuber who made a lot of short courses on there on things like PR, English, blogging, photo-taking etc. I think she made a full-time income out of it.

What about marched betting? I’ve made just over £200 doing that in two weeks. It’s perfectly legal, tax free and it’s not actually gambling.
It’s a little complex at first, but once you get the hang of it it is so easy, I signed up to a website like oddsmonkey to help me with it.

What about marched betting? I’ve made just over £200 doing that in two weeks. It’s perfectly legal, tax free and it’s not actually gambling.
It’s a little complex at first, but once you get the hang of it it is so easy, I signed up to a website like oddsmonkey to help me with it.
I keep looking at that but I’m completely clueless with it! How did you get started?

I keep looking at that but I’m completely clueless with it! How did you get started?
I just went on to team profit and odds monkey and I just read all the tutorials and watched the videos first so that I could get confident before I started. Once you understand the concept it’s so easy to do. It’s just getting your head around it in the beginning that’s the hard bit. :)

Stock photography can be a good one, if you're into travelling (even if its just around the UK), or set up a space in your house to shoot things. (Not necessarily people, but flat lays and such)

Depop I find can be a bit better than Ebay - especially if you're selling vintage type pieces or anything 90s/00s.

Udemy - I used to follow a Youtuber who made a lot of short courses on there on things like PR, English, blogging, photo-taking etc. I think she made a full-time income out of it.
Space to shoot things - thought you meant hit-person for a second!

• Haha
Reactions: 2