DSNY Newscast - Disney news vlogger on YouTube

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasnt quite sure which section this guys channel falls into so put it here. Does anyone else watch Jack, any thoughts? I'm very much in two minds about him myself. The analysis and detail is often very good and he shows alot of insight. I also really liked how he hasnt gone after views over the pandemic by posting sensationalsed speculation, unlike many other sites. But the presentation style I find very cheesy and kids tv presenter and the constant pastiching of Disney things just makes it cringe viewing.

It's also hard to rely on for disney news as he seems to pick and choose what he does and doesnt cover.

I really like him. He’s very professional I think and always reliable... no drama so far too

Reactions: 2
Yes the lack of drama is a big selling point. I find he is almost too professional, he obviously studied at uni and it's like he is programmed rather than natural,

Jack can be quite OTT with the breaking news sort of style.

But I don’t mind it, it differentiates him from other channels, and his videos are short and concise.

If his videos were 20mins+ it could get a little annoying! 😂

Reactions: 1
I started watching him right from his very first video, it showed up on my feed when it was uploaded. I find that the information he gives is usually quite accurate and he does it in a no nonsense way. Whoever gives him his intel is at least a reliable source. I know with Youtubers it is all about the views, but I like that he has never caved with his quality over quantity. In fact, he has actually scaled down from what the channel was at first. He had news videos 3 times a week and slowly scaled back as information was not coming out quite as often.

Some of the things he does is a little cheesy but all in all I really like Jack. I recommend his channel to friends that are looking for information over tours of the parks.

Reactions: 1
Jack did a 'what if' on the make over of Splash Mountain to Tiana's Place. Let's face it, New Orleans is just above sea level, and while Splash may have some outdated stereotypes, putting Tiana doesn't do her justice just like squeezing in New Orleans between Pirates and Big Thunder. Jacks' idea was to redo Tom Sawyer Island. You have the Liberty Bell, and tearing down Aunt Polly's 'never opened' restaurant and building a New Orleans style restaurant for Tiana. The island could be themed with a lot more New Orleans stuff. Given that the Haunted Mansion is supposed to be upper state New York, this was a heck of a lot better than anything Disney came up with,,,

It's also harder for content since Jack lives in England. He was over to Orlando twice last year because his girlfriend lives there. I think he does a great job coming up with a lot more than just reporting the same stuff that everyone else does already.

Yeah I saw that alternative although I took issue as with the 'design a little better' sub heading which came across as very patronising towards imagineers . He did change it so I guess he may have thought that too. His ideas weren't bad but did ignore a lot of practical logistics.

Oh I know he is British, so am I, but for reporting news you don't need to be there as a lot comes from the Disney blog and official releases. I forget what it was now but there were a few times I was waiting for his video on news and it never came.

His advertising background shows in his attention to detail on branding etc, but sometimes it just feels he focus so much on presentation and not other things

Does anyone else find Jacks channel lacking identity and reliability? For example he never posted anything about the DLP fast pass changes, but did cover wdw. That's just one example of times he seems to pick and choose what to cover which makes it hard to follow him as a reliable regular news source for disney parks and beyond.