Driving for the first time since lockdown started

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So today I drove my car for the first time since lockdown started and although I was a bit nervous to begin with, I was doing fine until I was on the way home when I went though a red light and now I feel absolutely terrible.

It’s the first time I’ve ever done something like that and now I can’t stop thinking about what would have happened if a car was coming. It was on a roundabout and one of the other sets of lights turned green and I just went. It was such a stupid thing to do, but now I’m absolutely terrified of getting back in the car again.

Not expecting sympathy for my stupidity, just wanted to get it off my chest.

Reactions: 1
These things happen, it’s human nature to have a lapse in concentration. Luckily nothing came from it, you said it’s the first time anything like that’s ever happened to you which indicates you’re a good driver. Learn from it and don’t be afraid. 🙂

Reactions: 5
We all make mistakes, don’t beat yourself up. No one got hurt and I bet you don’t do it again 😊

Reactions: 2
but now I’m absolutely terrified of getting back in the car again.
No one’s a perfect driver, and the best thing to do is to get back out in your car as soon as possible! There’s nothing you can do about the shoulda/woulda/coulda now. what’s done is done and honestly because you felt so guilty about it you’ll most likely be automatically more aware of lights. Try not to beat yourself up even more ✌🏻

Reactions: 1
Thank you everyone, I’m going to force myself to go out somewhere again today, and I’ll be super careful at the lights 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 2