Dr Shereene Idriss Pillow Talk Derm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't see a thread for her so here we go! I used to love Dr Idriss but she's now gone down the route of shilling crap, the same route all influencers go down eventually

What made me unfollow her was that she is now shilling a ridiculous visor. 'Why age like a raisin when you can age like a grape'. Now I'm all for taking care of oneself and good skincare but that's hardly a positive message is it. I could somewhat understand if this was marketed towards people who might be vulnerable, e.g cancer patients who are sensitive to sunlight but no, it's sold as something to not age like a raisin

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I couldn't see a thread for her so here we go! I used to love Dr Idriss but she's now gone down the route of shilling crap, the same route all influencers go down eventually

What made me unfollow her was that she is now shilling a ridiculous visor.
I second this. If I’m doing some “research” on a new product/active ingredient, I might check out her content on the subject, skipping/ignoring all the stupid ads and plugs of her skincare line. Still I’ll take her review as purely subjective opinion/anecdote. Just another data point, no more. And this applies to all other “dermatologists”/“aestheticians”/“plastic surgeons”/“cosmetic chemists”. I understand some of them are actually against the influencer- ization of skincare content (and “it’s-an-ad” type of content). But you watch enough, you’ll notice they all regurgitate the same talking points that can be summed up here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAd...misc_skincare_content_and_uses_dr_usama_syed/

And honestly I don’t think a stupid visor would help. Effing cash grab. Get a real shade ⛱.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks for starting a thread @SqualorVictoria !

I side-eye most doctors who have a (public) social media presence, and Shereene is no exception to that. I just can't take influencer doctors seriously as professionals. In my mind, it just shows such poor judgment when doctors (or even lawyers, etc.) become influencers -- I just think to myself "why are they potentially risking their licensure and reputation for this?"

In my opinion, it's no longer educational and it seems very unethical when they start shilling products (especially their own products!). It seems like a conflict of interest at that point -- like are you really trying to help people, or are you just here to make a quick buck?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2