Dr Martens

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys !
Looking to finally a pair of Dr Martens. What are the comfiest pair ? I'm 5'11 so don't want a big heel just something to wear when I'm off work !
Cheers if anyone can give me a suggestion 😋😊😊

I've worn docs since the late 80s (I'm old) and all styles have been equally comfortable for me. Also similar height as you. If you have narrow enough feet these have been the ones I lust after but didn't fit my wide feet that, ironically, wearing docs has probably encouraged. They are beautiful in person.
91QOBiPnUVL._AC_UX535_.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If you've never worn them before maybe look at the Pascal boots as they're really soft and lovely!

Reactions: 1
I've got some church boots, had the original shoe version too a few times but these boots didn't even need breaking in!

Reactions: 1
For winter, the faux fur lined ones are good! I just had to apply some dubbin to soften the leather up.
It’s my second pair of those after the lining died in my first (after a LOT of wear)

That's what I'm planning to get. Do they take much breaking in?
I’ve got 5/6 pairs of different docs and they have always hurt me. I persevere and they break in well to become the comfiest boots ever. I would just make sure you wear good socks (and socks over tights) and get compeed / compeed plasters for any blisters.

Totally worth it in the end.

I’ve got 5/6 pairs of different docs and they have always hurt me. I persevere and they break in well to become the comfiest boots ever. I would just make sure you wear good socks (and socks over tights) and get compeed / compeed plasters for any blisters.

Thank you for your advice. I've only got to think of a new pair of boots and my feet are blistered to the bone. So I'm going to get them anyway 🤣 can't wait.

I’m getting my first pair for Christmas - I’m very excited as I’ve wanted some for years. I have cerebral palsy and I’ve always been told to get some as they‘re really supporting on the feet. 😆 very scared to break them in though!

Reactions: 2
I’ve got the fur lined ones and I didn’t have any problems at all with breaking them in. They are the comfiest things ever.

Reactions: 2
I got a pair in March and yes they were hell to break in but persevere.. i love mine..ive wore them to 12 hour raves..and my feet have been fine!

Compared to the classics no.. thick socks and tie them all the way up and bend your feet loads for a few days, try taking out the insole if they do hurt you. Beware for fake doc martens

I’ve got the fur lined ones and I didn’t have any problems at all with breaking them in. They are the comfiest things ever.
My hairdresser told me not to get them yesterday or go up a size ! I'm size 8 so don't want massive size 9 ones haha. The classic boot with the fur lining do you mean ?

My hairdresser told me not to get them yesterday or go up a size ! I'm size 8 so don't want massive size 9 ones haha. The classic boot with the fur lining do you mean ?
I'm an 8 and found them roomy, my husband wears a 9 in boots but got an 8 and a half and wears them with thick socks. I don't think you would need to size up. Do you have a DMs actual store near you as they tend to be really helpful and own multiple pairs.