Does anyone make Youtube Videos on here?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK, I'm not trying to out people who have a thread on here XD I was wondering if there are any more casual youtuber creators on here?

I started my channel in December 2023 and am having fun making little videos here and there. Nothing too exciting, just videos about a hobby/passion of mine and something to keep my mind ticking over as I finish my maternity leave really. I don't show my face or my 'life' in any real detail and certainly am not posting anything controversial, just chill chats really. I would love to get 500 subs but I have no other real aspirations for my channel. I just like making the videos!

Just thought we could get a little thread going for anyone who is also similar.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey, I just found this after a search! I know it's old but I would be happy to join :)

My husband got laid off (for the second time in just over a year) so I have decided to take the bull by the horns and start a channel. I am so, so sick of being beholden to either a big corporation who can chuck anyone out they feel like and my OH being beholden to these crappy little startups or small companies with no financial sense or want to improve who just chew up and spit out staff who go eve slightly against the grain. I don't expect millions but I think it could gain even just a small following, enough to chuck some savings aside, if I can tap into the algorithm and get the videos out there.

It helps that I have streamed before and absolutely LOVED it. Husband and I have a shared artistic hobby we do together that's quite niche, and I have another niche idea that I will do myself that ties in with the hobby (which I think has the possibility to be way more successful than the shared part of it). I am currently making content in advance so I can stack 3-4 weeks worth of uploads before launching the actual channel so we will always be a little ahead in case we have a week where we can't create content (Both working full time, kids etc etc).

Reactions: 2
Nice to have you Kinderbelle! Interesting to hear about your channel. I would say for this thread we should keep it vague as to what we post on YT, so as not to dox ourselves (even though I have a grand sum of 234 subs, you never know).

I am trying to make some content in advance too as I go back to work 3 days a week next week post mat leave and I will only have one morning a week child and workfree to make anything - and that is also my morning to do all the housework etc. If I can get a couple of videos ahead then I will be good for a few weeks. I am finding it tricky to come up with new ideas as my channel feels very repetitive and it's only the 'novel' videos that are getting good views (my 'normal' content gets around 200 views per video, my novel content has been getting 1500 to 3000 views per video). I'm trying to do one normal, one novel alternating every week to 10 days but it's tricky.

I have come across some problems though. One, which I have now solved, was that my camera mount had a fixed head on it so I had to put the mount directly in front of me on my desk. A lot of my content involves writing or doing something underneath the camera in a top down view which was really difficult when I was trying to dodge around the metal pole! My OH has very kindly bought me an additional swivel ball head mount for the camera which screws into the exisiting head of the camera mount and means I can offset the mount. Game changing! I've just filmed a video and it was so much easier!

The other problem I have is that for some reason, any music I put on my videos seems to increase in volume when I upload the video. For example, I have tried doing a little gentle piano backing music whilst I talk through what I'm doing on screen, as this fills any gaps in me speaking and adds a bit of ambiance. Example - Like this. (a random video I chose from my homepage, not the style of videos I am making). I have had several comments saying that my videos are unwatchable when the backing music is on as they cannot hear what I'm saying despite me changing the levels of the music in the video editing software I use. I typically bump up the video audio to 125% and turn down the backing music to around 20% so I can't understand why this is happening. When I save the video and play it back it sounds fine to me. Some of it might be that a lot of my viewership seems to be middle aged American women and I have quite a rural English accent, but some of it is definitely an issue on the video editing end.

Reactions: 1
Hey, I just found this after a search! I know it's old but I would be happy to join :)

My husband got laid off (for the second time in just over a year) so I have decided to take the bull by the horns and start a channel. I am so, so sick of being beholden to either a big corporation who can chuck anyone out they feel like and my OH being beholden to these crappy little startups or small companies with no financial sense or want to improve who just chew up and spit out staff who go eve slightly against the grain. I don't expect millions but I think it could gain even just a small following, enough to chuck some savings aside, if I can tap into the algorithm and get the videos out there.

It helps that I have streamed before and absolutely LOVED it. Husband and I have a shared artistic hobby we do together that's quite niche, and I have another niche idea that I will do myself that ties in with the hobby (which I think has the possibility to be way more successful than the shared part of it). I am currently making content in advance so I can stack 3-4 weeks worth of uploads before launching the actual channel so we will always be a little ahead in case we have a week where we can't create content (Both working full time, kids etc etc).
Wishing you the best of luck. And, good for you!

I have a blog and post YouTube shorts to complement it every so often . I hate YouTube studio. I load my videos from a phone and it is so fiddly and frustrating!