Do you know any influencers IRL?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A woman I know from when our oldest children were in junior school together has now become a 'content creator' (yes that is on her linkedin!) and has built up about 8k followers over the past 2 years. When she had 3k followers she was calling herself an influencer on her bio. She was always a very aspirational -read deluded- person but she portrays herself and her lifestyle as very MC on the squares, but I know for a fact that she 's in a private rental on housing benefit. Since her Insta journey she has wracked up loads of debt trying to look the part, new car, skiing holidays etc and it's amusing to me to watch how she's trying to make out she's someone that she's not.

I know someone through someone very similar to this, who is so completely different to what she portrays herself as, a druggy ( taking whilst pregnant with both boys)
On all benefits, committed benefit fraud, been bankrupt 3 times, had sti’s, slept with landlords to pay rent in the past.

If only her adoring fans knew!! The interior stylist & content creator my arse! 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I know someone very similar to this- who is so completely different to what she portrays herself as- druggy ( taking whilst pregnant with both boys)
On all benefits, committed benefit fraud, been bankrupt 3 times, had sti’s, slept with landlords to pay rent in the past.

If only her adoring fans knew!! The interior stylist & content creator my arse! 😂
Someone famous?

Since her Insta journey she has wracked up loads of debt trying to look the part, new car, skiing holidays etc and it's amusing to me to watch how she's trying to make out she's someone that she's not.
The point about debt doesn’t surprise me.
I’m in a well paid job but couldn’t afford the lifestyle of a lot of the instagrammers; weekly flowers, cocktails, new shoes bags and clothes, fancy days out, candles etc etc etc

This is why I get so cross that we get slagged off for bringing ‘women down’ by not supporting them. Behind every influencer is a string of women who are influenced into debt to try and be the next influencer.

Reactions: 16
I’m in a well paid job but couldn’t afford the lifestyle of a lot of the instagrammers; weekly flowers, cocktails, new shoes bags and clothes, fancy days out, candles etc etc etc

This is why I get so cross that we get slagged off for bringing ‘women down’ by not supporting them. Behind every influencer is a string of women who are influenced into debt to try and be the next influencer.

There's that term speculate to accumulate.

I think to start out you have to have wealthy spouse and money to invest

In the travel vlogs
Buy own clothes
Do up own home.

Then when you got followers then the freebies start.

I don't know any influencers but I can think of few fashion/home influencers that maybe the case.

I always wonder about frock me famous on you tube all the travel.

Reactions: 3
A woman I know from when our oldest children were in junior school together has now become a 'content creator' (yes that is on her linkedin!) and has built up about 8k followers over the past 2 years. When she had 3k followers she was calling herself an influencer on her bio. She was always a very aspirational -read deluded- person but she portrays herself and her lifestyle as very MC on the squares, but I know for a fact that she 's in a private rental on housing benefit. Since her Insta journey she has wracked up loads of debt trying to look the part, new car, skiing holidays etc and it's amusing to me to watch how she's trying to make out she's someone that she's not.
The bit about debt doesn't surprise me either. I remember a blogger saying she got into debt buying make up and trying to keep up with new products, in hopes it would 'pay off' in the future.

Reactions: 5
(Hi, new here!) I think at this point all of us know someone who’s trying to be the next influencer, in fact it’s me watching my seeemingly normal mum friends suddenly talking and tagging like they’re the next Hinch/Mrs M/PP type that’s brought me here 🤭 I do know a channel mum IRL, I also live close to someone who it turns out is insta-interiors and is definitely a car crash human being. I think her account is dead now but my god if I knew at the time it’d have explained a lot of the “keeping up with the jones” behaviour I see up the road.
I’d love to know the accounts of these people

Reactions: 3
Yep, through a friend . The 'influencer' is a right cow sometimes off camera. Manipulative and devious. There's quite a few who've seen through that little charade.One recent example Grunta set up a situation in which she muscled her way (unfairly ) to gain an advantage over others. Typical behaviour.

I'm surprised they didn't need a holiday from Grunta's antics...oh ,yes that's right.......

Grunta's other half was quite content to remain in his little home with the plan to save up a deposit , she manipulated him by the promise of great riches ...they'd soon be living like a king and Queen. ..funded by their subjects..

Why do I have disdain for this person ? Quite simply ,apart from the begging at times, the little old lady sitting at home, feeling lonely is lead to believe that Grunta is such a sweet woman, along hamlet (genuinely nice) husband...my ask " let me send you something" ..."let me give you something"..

Nobody likes to see people 'conned' ,especially people that don't have very much.

Disclaimer: The above is hypothetical and real names would have been changed had they been real.

Reactions: 1
What’s the point in this thread if you’re not gonna spill names 😂 we need to know names!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Great point 👍

The bit about debt doesn't surprise me either. I remember a blogger saying she got into debt buying make up and trying to keep up with new products, in hopes it would 'pay off' in the future.
and has it?

Reactions: 1
If there’s no names it didn’t happen 😅
I totally agree in principle, however, if I named I’d get caught sharpish, their reach isn’t that big that I would be lost in the wave of wtfery and I’m sure there used to be a thread here, it must have been deleted (?) cause I don’t see it now in search

I know 2. One who promotes body positivity but - yep you’ve guessed it - is far from #bopo in private. The only positivity she’s interested in is all about her.

Another is trying desperately to be an influencer but has word for word copied posts from other popular and well known influencers on insta. No original thoughts in their head obviously.

I do. Can’t name. She has painted such a fantastic life on the squares, when in reality her life isn’t all that peachy. Not that peachy at all. More misery than peachy.
Frugality?

Last edited: